Hikayat: Of Black Eye. Updated 7 August 2017

Hey yaaah, welcome to my dominion, @Alexandra .
Yep, as you can see, it’s a little bit too quiet at here. Nevertheless, I somehow like it. It’s like no one will bat an eye if you have something goes wrong :sweat_smile:

Anyway, both of your bugs should be fixed now. The last one (the callus? callous?) is actually quite tricky, tho, but at least I managed to fix it.

And about the issue you have on loading a save, it’s actually quite common.
The problem is that when you load a save, you don’t literally “return to your previous condition.”
To get the full effect from loading a save, you’ve to restart the game :slightly_frowning_face:

I never give a deep thought about it before :thinking:, but I think it’s doable. Tricky, but doable.

Story-wise, you can say that you’re basically playing through all of those 4 path :open_hands:t4:
The difference is that the story will have more emphasize on the path you chose.

So, yep. You can be famous, rich, genius, become the all-inspiring paragon, and have a lot of girlfriends (or boyfriends. Or both!). I just need to think how to prevent the readers from getting all of those easily :thinking: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Sounds interesting and reads quite nicely. Keep it up! :relaxed::+1:

Here’s a another one

And another one

1 Like

Yup, got that fixed.
Pretty quick on those both, but I’m afraid you’ll probably be sent back to the beginning of the chapter :frowning_face:

Got for all three choices

3 Likes

Walked out at the end without saying anything. Game thought I was too rude, decided to crash.

1 Like

found this error( 1.CharBuilding line 2238: invalid @{} at letter 88; there should be a space after the closing parenthesis )

1 Like

Uwaah! Done!
That should be the last, and the only last, one bug that you guys should be encounter. If not, grrrghghghghh :angry:

Sorry. This was a totally buggy update. I wanted to get the writing on this particular scene done ASAP, especially when you’re facing with 21 days threadlock, but I write a buggy update as a result.

Sorry.
:sweat:

Anyway, I hope you guys found something interesting at the ending scene as the compensation for those bugs you found :clap::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The Karma is not in your favor :smiling_imp:

BTW, I’m working on the map layout of the Cirest Town, your starting area. It’s still quite rough and there’s no much on it except for the basic elevations, roads, and rivers. C:

I figured out that I might show it off to you guys to get the feel of it.

Well then, enjoy the 1500x1500 pixels image! :deciduous_tree: :sun_behind_small_cloud: :deciduous_tree:

Map

Click the image for the real, zoomed-in version.

If you want your house featured on the map, feel free to tell us :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

HOUSE!!! (20 fuckin charact!!!)

Ah, a potential buyer.
Which piece of land you’re interested in, sir?
:tophat:
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

is this mass of land virgin? if it is I would like to buy around the little river that connects to the ocean. this way I can open a farm and then buy the shore in order to establish a port (mercantile one) or a fish farm.

:smirk: my capitalist side is tingling.

1 Like

Uhh, unfortunately, it’s not. This geographical map doesn’t include any structures and buildings. :sweat:
As you don’t see, the west side of the river is the place where the town is located.

:open_mouth: But we have the east side of the river which is quite vacant. Of course, there’s a small fisherman village over there, but the oceanic view from the hillside is just spectacular.

And the land right at the side of the river is perfect for your farming needs.
:blush:
:pray:t4:

:face_with_monocle: oh well, I will take the land you suggested :money_with_wings::money_with_wings: but remember my friend If you find new land and/or resources :smirk: you know where I will be.

1 Like

Don’t worry, Sir. It will be done.
:blush:

Now when I think about it, you’re basically became a cameo on my story :thinking:

Hmm. Maybe… do you have something to tell? Character background or something?

is this still part of the plan and you crossed because you implemented it already or you decided to scratch it from the story? and what you mean by “teleported”?

Ahh… should I tell you, should I not?

That part is actually done and thus I crossed it. If you’re in doubt about which part is that one, check out the Prologue and choose either “Knowledge and Lore” path or “Better world” (I prefer to call it as Paragon) path.

But basically, I wrote the whole Prologue to give it a sense of Isekai trope regardless of your path.
However, if you think that the Isekai feeling isn’t strong on that one, just tell me. I eventually revisit the past scenes and work on some minor changes on it.

Now for the spoilery part, for those who love being spoiled. (This area is heavily spoilery. Unblur at your own risk) :lock:

You can say that YOU, the MC, is literally Yourself, being “teleported” to the world of Valena by simply playing the game. That’s why the Chapter 1 is filled with a lotsa of choices to give the MC more personalized interaction (or at least that’s what I was thinking).

So, you can say that Isekai is one of the genres included at here. Later at the story, I’ll try to insert various scenes where your MC make a reference to our real-world with the NPCs dumbfounded and be like “What?”

And thus,

Uah… that’s a lot of spoilery texts.
You know what? Just click the blurred text, guys. At the end, that text isn’t very spoilery (unless if you ask for more spoilers, of course) :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yo guys!
Just letting you know that I’m currently revisiting the old chapters and trying to rephrase the prose to be more easy to the ears :ear: eyes :eyes:

And there’re also some quite big changes that’ll probably make it through which may require you to restart your playthrough.
Especially if your habit is “none” or if you are playing on “Completionist” mode. :frowning_face:

And while I’m at it, do you, O my silent reader, have anything to ask :question:
Feel free to ask about :lock: spoilery stuff, :bar_chart: the game stats, :two_hearts:ROs, :world_map: in-game universe, or even about my personal life :confetti_ball:

(A short one-liner complementary is also accepted!)

4 Likes

Everything is awesome
When you get some Black Eye!

Oh, wait… :fearful:

Doctor! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like