Hey, what's that game? -- A thread for identifying ChoiceScript games

Just to add onto it, it was been fully discontinued because it is too personal to the author, so it won’t be public anymore.

@esn0ra That’s Anachron, the tumblr’s here https://anachron-if.tumblr.com :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is this WIP that I have been looking for, for a while now. Because it’s been a while since I read it, I may be misremembering some things.

I am pretty sure that the WIP starts with the MC moving back to their hometown, where they open up an antique store that they may or may not have inherited from their grandma. They meet up with their best friend, who may be a RO, and they talk for a while before the MC has to get back to unpacking stuff for their store. A guy comes into the store and wants to buy a necklace the MC has been wearing the whole time. Because it’s a family heirloom, they refuse. The guy says things like “you will regret this” and leaves. That night some magic creatures/demons break into the MC’s home and try to steal the necklace from them. A group of people, most of them ROs, then teleports into the MC’s bedroom via a portal and save the day. They take the MC back to their base, where the MC joins their magic organisation. After that, the MC has a little bit of free time, where they get to know the different members of the group. That is pretty much where the WIP ends.

I remember there also being a pretty explicit shower scene with one of the RO, which is why I thought it could be in the adult content category, but maybe I am wrong.

Nvm, the beginning sounds like Out For Blood but the last part throws me off

1 Like

It isn’t Out For Blood. I don’t think there were any vampires in the WIP I am looking for.

Is it " The Iterrian Tribulations" ?

1 Like

I think this is probably right. It’s also the game I was thinking of, though I couldn’t remember the name either.

1 Like

Yes, that’s it, thank you! Out of curiosity, wasn’t there a forum thread as well? I can only seem to find the dashingdon link at the moment, but I distinctly remember reading the RO descriptions in the forum thread.

So this book I’m looking for is where the MC and a partner of his are kind of detectives (i dont remember if were infamous or famous) and this guy comes knocking into their room and pretends to be a journalist (i think? Though I know he asks for help) when in actuality they are wanted.(You can be in a poly relationship with them and some other guy that was supposed to get noosed because he was a criminal. I’m pretty sure their in a relationship so it will be a triad) You can help the poor guy or not. Then some people come in and go do you know this person, they are wanted blah blah blah and you can tell them you saw them or just say nope, bye. (Apparently you could also romance one of the leading officers that at first you thought of as being a jerk but then they end up being ok?) You can also romance your partner and you can choose to confess and then kiss them. I don’t remember much of the plot except that it was like in a cowboy type of setting. Y’know, with the noose and shooting and stuff.

I think theres a book 2 of this? Plz help :sob:

Is it “The Ballad of Devil’s Creek”? I can’t seem to find the forum thread (which apparently isn’t new for me…) but the author seems to have been suspended so maybe that has something to do with it?

the thread was locked and hidden, yeah. the game is being worked on in twine, and meeps is still active on their dev blog :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, it didn’t sound like that at all to me until you mentioned it. It was already on Twine by the time I played it, and the Twine version description doesn’t tell you that it’s a romance game. I haven’t finished it, but I had absolutely no idea there were ROs involved. The romance must come very late…

I’m noticing a trend that I frequently have no clue what a game is supposed to be about if I didn’t see the forum thread for it and read what the author thinks it’s about. I don’t know if that’s an issue with my comprehension, or the gameplay just doesn’t really match the author’s vision for it.

Thank you for the help!!! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

I’ve been trying my hardest to remember this game, but it was basically you work for a company that works with Gods, where you increase their popularity/worshippers so they won’t disappear.

You have two co-workers, one of them is a rival? I think? I also think you’re new to the company, and at some point you meet one of the gods at a buffet? The demo was still quite short, but this is all I really remember that stands out!

Thank you in advance.

If I remember correctly, it’s either in the third or fourth chapter where romance comes up for the first time.

I think the description of a game is what the overarching plot is supposed to be about and most WIP only have like 1-2 chapters out. Some authors want to have some kind of build-up before they get the plot really going, so most of the time, you only get to see that build-up. So expectations for a WIP could just be a bit too high, based on the description, when in reality, it just hasn’t reached the point where it is what it’s supposed to be. That is the reason why I like to hang out in this thread because when someone is looking for a game, they only give a description of what is already there and not what is supposed to be there.

Could it be “Divine Intervention”?

1 Like

Yes, thank you very much!

Does anyone remember the name of that WiP where the MC’s in high school (at some point in the 90s I believe?) and they witness their classmates murder someone at a party? It had a pretty large cast of characters from what I remember and was set in a small town somewhere on the east coast.

1 Like

There was a game that mc was living with their friend who works in a restaurant. MC’s sibling was a famous singer and mc wrote songs for them. One day mc went their home to write songs but the sibling didn’t show up. Later mc found out the sibling was dead.

And does anyone know what happened to vardir?

that one should be conspiracy in emerson! if i’m not mistaken

2 Likes

for vardir im not too sure as well. both the itch io page and the tumblr seems to be gone. i wasnt able to see their tumblr before it was wiped out but i think in my mind rn is that either the wip is discontinued or the author decided to work on it privately (doesnt explain the sudden wipe out of everything tho) the best we can do is just keep an eye out if they revive it or any sign of it on tumblr

1 Like

The first one I believe is
We all bleed red

2 Likes