Heroes Rise: Romance *Spoilers*

I think I’d give it half an hour before I was in the gibbet.

I’d personally prefer no romance although I could just choose not to have romance. :stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose I was the only one who was more interested in Madame Vice huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I was rather upset when she was randomly and inexplicably killed off by a knife wielding ghost with apparent time control powers for no apparent reason. :frowning:

@Shoelip I’m with you on this one. I was interested in Madame Vice too and was likewise rather upset when she was randomly and inexplicably killed off in such a pointless manner.

@P_Tigras @Shoelip I guess pointing out that she is about twice as old as the MC is important.

Not to mention apparently pure evil

@GameJunkie Why is that so important? As long as she’s still a hottie, her age is just a number to me.

@stsword And Black Magic is any better?

No, she’s much more evil than Black Magic. I mean obviously prostitution ring, murdering people all willy-nilly and everything else the Splice Circle does, but especially given the implications of Black Magic’s traumatic memory of her. I mean I see the appeal of an older woman with a huge rack but lets not go nuts

@TDilz I never said I wanted my character to marry her, but a fling might have been interesting. It’s been quite awhile since I played the game so my memory isn’t perfect, but I don’t recall Madame Vice being responsible for all the crimes committed by the Splice Circle personally. She ran the prostitution ring, and in much of the world, including one state in the US, prostitution is perfectly legal. I have nothing against the world’s oldest profession as long as the girls involved aren’t coerced. What two consenting adults do privately is their own business as far as I’m concerned.

She is a complicit member of the Circle, with the eventual goal of running it (briefly), and given her willingness to murder it’s pretty clear she’s not just sitting back and managing her ring. As for the ring itself, well, an illegal prostitution ring based out of a poor neighborhood is dubious when it comes to the consent of the workers involved, though admittedly that depends on how much of the real-world you read into this situation (I’m not opposed to prostitution in theory but in practice it’s much more murky). Plus, again, from Black Magics memory it’s clear that she has no problem forcing people to do things they’d rather not do.

Though again I’m not condemning anyone from liking Madame Vice or wanting more content there, I’m just specifically replying to the idea that she and Black Magic are equally as bad

Eh, we were forced into a relationship with someone who wasn’t really very nice themselves, so if I can’t have a relationship with a nice person I might as well have one with an interesting one. Black Magic is a cypher, “a dead ringer for a Pomeranian” if you enter that as who she/he looks like. Madame Vice was already a character, and one your character apparently had some attraction to, even if it was just her power. I mean let’s face it, all women don’t have that super power in some quantity. I’ve heard a few women refer to it as “having a vagina” but having been on the receiving end it’s a bit more complex than that.

Um… anyway, ignoring that tangent, Back Magic wasn’t very interesting as a character. Madame Vice was much more so. She may have been evil, but she wasn’t a psychotic, evil, Mary Sue like Prodigal. The fact that she’s randomly killed off in a highly implausible way for no apparent reason other than to get her out of the story, just felt lazy. Honestly I don’t know what to think about Heroes Rise because the quality of writing is highly inconsistent.

@TDilz I’m going to step away from the discussion on whether or not Madame Vice is as evil as Black Magic, somewhat more evil, or far more evil. It doesn’t really matter. Villains can be compelling too. @Shoelip hits the nail on the head in his latest reply.

@Shoelip totally agree with you the games seem write for two different people, the good storyteller and a lazy guy who does all hurry to deliver the stuff in a limit time but not the horrible romance no option is the railroad all fake choices the game has is … so frustrating. I don’t pay for it until someone in the forum replay it and tell me if follow the horrible path of the first volume

@Shoelip @P_Tigras Yeah, that’s cool. I also find an established personality and look more interesting than a sort of blank cipher that we’re told we like (looking back on it, Choice of Heroes feels like a kinetic novel at times). I still feel drawing a comparison between the two on any sort of moral grounds is silly as Black Magic is a creepy dick, while Vice is capital V heinous villain, but since that’s being backed away from I’m just posting into the wind here

Am I the only one curious as to whether or not a Rebellion romance would be applicable? Someone else already mentioned Jury, which I would be interested in as well (not that he is, by any measure, the most favorable choice of them all) but it would also be interesting to have some form of leverage over the Victons, or just for more variety than Black Magic. Personally, I had nothing against Black Magic; s/he’s more or less what you’d expect from a “good guy” with (near) literal skeletons in the closet. Essentially, Black Magic could have the world at his or her fingertips but chooses not to. I think only the best of us can honestly say they wouldn’t abuse a power like that.

I’d like a more traditional “1 in a million” type of hero story, where having powers is a blessing you can use for good or evil instead of everyone and their neighbor having powers.

I didn’t like limited power choice either but I still loved the game, loved black magic personally, but I’d LOOVE a prodigal romance, despite it being super unlikely.

@Ninjasplaycardgames2 idk lol, I actually like this setting where everyone has powers, it makes your character even more
Special for being more badass then everyone else
With powers 8D

@batinthehat , yupppp, if I had that you’d all be under my thumb 8D

If I had blackmagic’s power I’d bra opening done rather fun places for me to play muhhhahhahahahahaha