Heroes Rise Fanfiction Page

I created this page for a place for people to post any fan fics, or alternate endings for there Heroes Rise chars. Ive read alot of pros and cons for a Fan Fic, but at least in my own experience, I found myself having alot of creative output and ideas as I played this series, since when your playing these COG, you feel like you become the main character, and the story is your own, when in reality your just a passenger.
Please post your own fan fics, in a LINK on the site (Dont just post your entire story or else it will fill up the forum and make it unreadable and disorganized)

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my first entry, hope you all enjoy it. Its a ā€œProdigal Alternate Endingā€ of sorts, and I am pleased at how easy it was to create new content, without using any of my own themes. I write, but not fanfiction, so this is a new experience for me, also I used google documents to get the link, so if you guys dont have a better place to link your stories from, use that.

2 Likes

This should make it a lot easier to find Heroes Rise fanfiction. Thanks.

1 Like

If people end up using it, yes! lol.

1 Like

I made kinda of a funny playlist about MC/Jury! :smiley:

I know this is a really old thread, but I wouldnā€™t want to create a new thread when thereā€™s already one so I hope this is okay ;__;

Iā€™ve been having a lot of thoughts about how my MC develops throughout the original trilogy and how Iā€™d imagine him developing into Redemption Season. I actually wanted to draw a comic (or maybe do an animatic, but Iā€™d probably have to do the voices myself and I have no recording equipment besides my laptop and phone so the quality would be awful) but donā€™t really have the time or energy for that at the moment so I typed this up

This was really quickly done and I might pick it back up in the future to actually draw it as I originally intended. I just wanted to post this up because I really love my MC ;__;

This takes place some time after the events of the Redemption Season after things go wrong (read: Riley ignoring his problems and letting them build up and eventually bite him in the ass) and may end up non-canon depending on how the next games go. Under a cut to not take up space

Nothing Like Getting Depressed And (Almost) Calling Up Your Ex In The Middle Of The Night

Riley sits on the edge of his bed looking at a holographic display thatā€™s flashing ā€˜DIALINGā€¦ DIALINGā€¦ā€™

Itā€™s dark, like Riley had woken up in the middle of the night - or like heā€™d never gotten to sleep in the first place.

The display then changes to a video of Lucas saying ā€œHey there, if youā€™re seeing this message, then youā€™ve reached Bright Magicā€™s video mail box! Leave a message after the beep.ā€

Riley sighs. Lucas must be busy. He might be on a job tonight. Or heā€™s probably just dead asleep and not answering because, according to the digital clock display in the top right corner of the display, itā€™s a quarter ā€™til three in the morning.

ā€œHey,ā€ he starts, ā€œsorry for never answering any of your calls. Iā€™m okay. I guess. Maybe? Not really? I donā€™t know.

Iā€™ve just been thinking. Remember that time you almost went on a murderous rampage but didnā€™t? What I said to you then? Something about what it means to be a hero and all that crap? Iā€™m just realizing how much of a damn hypocrite I was for that.

Who am I to tell you about what a hero is when Iā€™ve never been that myself?

Saving people? Yeah thatā€™s great and all, but it was never the reason why I wanted to be a hero in the first place.ā€

He pauses. Purses his lips in thought.

ā€œNow that I think about it, I donā€™t really know what it even was in the first place.

Saving my parents, restoring the family name? My job thereā€™s done.

Proving them wrong? First of all, I donā€™t know who ā€œtheyā€ are in the first place. My high school bullies who I havenā€™t seen in years, maybe? Sure. Second, Iā€™m not sure what I was even trying to prove. That I could become a hero at all? That Iā€™d ever amount to anything? That Iā€™d ever be more than ā€˜Good-for-nothing Rileyā€™? I guess theyā€™re right, there.ā€

He furrows his brow inā€¦ Anger? Disappointment? Heā€™s not sure what exactly.

ā€œIf thereā€™s anyone who needs to learn how to be a hero, itā€™s me.ā€

He huffs a sharp exhale through his nose.

ā€œI donā€™t know why Iā€™m even telling you all this shit in the first place. Anyway, I just wanted to say Iā€™m okay and thanks for checking up on me, or trying to, I guess. Sorry to making everyone worry.ā€

He stops recording and stares at his own face staring back at him through the end of the holovid.

ā€œWhitney, delete the video.ā€

Whitneyā€™s face pops up beside the video. She looks concerned and Rileyā€™s stomach twists. ā€œYou sure, Sugar? You donā€™t wanna send? Or even save it at least?ā€

Riley nods. ā€œYeah, Iā€™m sure. Iā€™ll answer him for real tomorrow.ā€

ā€œYou said that last night too.ā€ She didnā€™t sound accusing, just sad. Riley felt guilty anyway.

ā€œI mean it this time, really. Thisā€™ll be the last time.ā€

Whitney frowned. That was probably a lie, but she did as he said anyway. ā€œWell, alright Sweetpea. Get some sleep, itā€™s late.ā€

Riley nodded and climbed back into bed. ā€œI will, Whitney. Goodnight.ā€

ā€œGā€™night, Sugar.ā€

He calls BM here, but he never gets back together with BM after breaking up with him during THP. I imagine them making much better friends than boyfriends, especially after (headcanon) BM gets some help (either through self-help resources or a therapist, which I think he, along with about half the cast, really needs) after Hero Fall and before Redemption Season

3 Likes