Heroes Rise Fan Works

I’m pretty sure she calls the male mc “hotshot” too

I made my mc’s codename Hotshot bc he’s cocky and bc he tends to favor energy attacks (hot shots, if you will) plus I just really like how it sounds as a hero name :smiley:

2 Likes

Rusty but I did a word doodle last night that feels too long to be called a drabble and too unpolished to put on AO3

(post-canon and not canon compliant with THP bc I never played bc I'm a broke bitch, Jury's POV)

It’s in quiet moments like these that you think about how close you came to losing him and you can’t believe how much of an idiot you’d been for leaving him all that time ago.

The neon green display of the alarm clock by your bedside reads 1:43 AM and Riley is fast asleep, snuggled into your chest. It’s the reckless asshole’s first night back home discharged from the hospital. That said asshole had run into a burning building to look for any people still stuck inside. Lives were saved and that stupid recklessness and inability to follow orders may have been what made you fall in love with him in the first place, but fuck if you wouldn’t be happy if he learned how to stop and think for once.

He’s been better about it, the recklessness thing, now at least. And it’s out of the need to help people this time and not just utter self destruction like back then. The whole situation with The Hero Project, and your dad, and Prodigal, it all put him in a really bad place. He’s seen bad moments, but never quite as bad as that since. And this time you’re here for him and you’re not running away again, not ever.

You love him so much that it scared you. It still scares you sometimes. You’d always been so careful to never get so attached to someone like this before, but something (maybe Riley’s heart first, head later attitude is contagious) made you forget until you were in deeper than you’d ever let yourself be. And falling in love never ends well if your parents’ divorce and your dad’s next three failed marriages were anything to go by. So you freaked out and did what you do best and you took the easy way out and you left. Not without starting shit first though, since that’s the other thing you do best. You still hate yourself for it. And still somehow, he found it in his heart to forgive you anyway, even if you don’t think that you deserve it.

It still took over a year of being “just friends” though before getting to where you are now. All because you were too chickenshit to make a move and ask him to take you back and made him think you didn’t want him anymore.

And so you’ve promised yourself that you will never make him feel like that ever again. Not for as long as either of you live. Because he has done so much for you, even before either of you realized it.

It was all his tenacity and openness that was the catalyst for you wanting to become more than just your father’s pawn in the first place. And if he could do what he believed was right when what seemed like the entire world was against him, then you could be brave enough to stand up to your father.

And if you could be brave enough to stand up to your father, then you’ve gotta be brave enough to admit that you are head over fucking heels in love with Riley Rosado too.

5 Likes

sobs Thanks I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe I need to go dust off some old HR ficlics of mine…

2 Likes

I got some new brushes to play with and It’s almost ‘interact-with-the-awful-part-of-the-family-tree’ time so you know what that means

Project and doodle Jury time ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I’m honestly not into Prodigal much as a character but decided to throw her in too bc why not stick to the family theme here

Plus I never really liked how her red stripe looked so I decided to try something?

6 Likes

Oh Prodigal looks so cool!!!

And!! Jury!!! The Babe!!!

1 Like

Man that Prodigal mask looks amazing !!! And suits her character like a lot, that is definitely how I’m gonna picture it from now on

3 Likes

Writing a small fanfic about possibly the least popular canon RO in both Heroes Rise series. Any guesses what it is?

2 Likes

Is it Jury? Poor Aaron is at least least popular with the author.

I certainly don’t care for him, but Jury seems to get quite a few fanworks. In fact it’s the MCs from the first and second series, Harry ‘Hotspur’ Fawkes and Susan ‘Beastmaster’ Lei. Yes, they can get together. Apart from the obvious problems of two player-created characters, I’m not very happy with how it’s going, and not 100% okay about posting a lemon in any case, so I may have got your hopes up for nothing.

Godspeed :3

Finished that Original Trilogy MC/Redemption Season MC fanfic I mentioned. Warnings for smut and a lot of cheesy soap opera, but with not one but two overdramatic, overachieving and oversexed MCs, what would you expect?

https://archiveofourown.org/works/19324348

1 Like