Hero Project: Redemption Season News and Discussion

Does anyone know what sort of references this makes to the Heroes Rise trilogy? Apparently I never saved my HeroFall save and I’m not sure I want to go back and play it right now for this…

2 Likes

@RedRoses I’ve asked the THR twitter account and I’ve been told ‘Loading a saved game provides extra easter eggs and historical accuracy, but is more of a bonus!’

Has anyone got to the conversation between Weaver and Lyra where they ask what your MC would want as a reward (Leaderboard points or Power + Health boost) and didn’t receive it at the start of the next mission?

1 Like

Same, I literally mark these on my calendar and for months it has been reminding me, can’t wait! Today is the day!

2 Likes

Just finished the game, and holy slugger. I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself til the next game… A quick review without spoilers: this game was definitely worth the wait and it felt more… i don’t know, smarter? more mature? than the previous ones while retaining the humor and spirit that made the saga feel very unique. I’m definitely glad I’m not working today, because I’ve been playing it since 4am and wow. So, so good.

7 Likes

Hi. At the risk of sounding like a fool with this…how do I save my character at the end of HeroFall? I have it on Android and I’ve never gotten the option. I think. Would anyone please tell me how to? Thank you.

Your character makes a cameo at the end of the game, your character has a engagement if you romance BM/Lucky/Jenny or your character have broken up their relationship with Jury and if Jenny died, she will stay dead.

@Baam I think you need the latest update to save your game.

1 Like

Silly me haha that was too easy. Thank you.

Currently living and breathing Redemption season. Love it. Perfect for the times we live in and a hapa like me too, haha~

2 Likes

I finished it too and I’m very disappointed.
It is no longer a hero story, it is a story about discrimination with being a hero on the background.
If you make a character that doesn’t care about these societal problems you are severely punished and in the end your character is railroad to care about it.
And I have others issues, but they are spoilers. I will post about it later.

15 Likes

Quick question: are we able to romance anyone in this game?

Yes. These are the options in this game:

Miss Boss (woman)
Griffin (men)
Transfer (non-binary)
Weaver (the gender you are most attracted, even non-binary)

1 Like

Can anyone load a save from hero:fall because I cannot. Please help me. :cry:

Hi Envy, you need the latest version of HeroFall to save your game at the end. For the ChromeStore it is version 1.2.1 and Steam updates automatically (I don’t know about the other platforms). After you created a save at the end of HeroFall, you should be able to import it in THP: Redemption Season.

If you do have a valid HeroFall savefile but it does not import in THP:RS it might be a bug and it would be best to report it.

@Urban and @poison_mara I agree, so far I’ve only been able to play the demo (the game unlocks after +/- 2 hours over here), but it is more focused on the MC being a minority than on being a hero. The game seems to force you to be a Anirights activist or popular figure rather than a hero who happens to have an animal related powerset.

What also bothers me is the explicit focus on LGBTABCD+ people, the game is centered around gender identity and sexuality rather than being a hero and having powers. Even with the MC having awesome and diverse powers, the only thing that is mentioned is the discrimination they face and lack of rights, etc. I get that it is part of the story but it is very annoying and simply boring to have to read about it over and over again.

Versus had the same thing/ problem. The focus was on MC saving a reincarnating thing with a constant identity disorder, who doesn’t even know you or care about you. Yet you go out of your way to save it from something. For one I didn’t agree with the MC’s motivations and the constant change between pronouns and gender identities was confusing and extremely tiresome. It was a very boring ride for me, it took me a lot of effort to finish. I expected Versus to be Rogue (X-men) in space but what I got in the end was very disappointing.

11 Likes

To anyone curious, it seems like the release time for Redemption Season on Steam is set to be @ 1:00 P.M EST/10:00 A.M PST.

1 Like

The name should be PROPAGANDA: ANTI DISCRIMINATION THE GAME. And being so FORCED the agenda issue that at the end no longer matter the characters orthe plot. It is just poor x group how bad is Y . Oh Awesome look how intrusive I am.
I love playing with non binary and trans options I usually playthrough bisexual characters or homosexual. But here It is so forced that there is not guion or plot beyond the discrimination against groups. In the trilogy that was just a little part in a railroad amazing story. Here it’s all about that and there is nothing more the railroad is total here you could not change a thing. Really disappointed with this game. A pitty, because Sergei stills write like a professional.

11 Likes

Wow, so Jury is an automatic breakup? Since he’s my favorite love interest that really pisses me off. Like I got to the part with him and Lyra on my BM-romance save so I was hoping it was just only something that happens if you don’t romance him but wow. It’s like Jacob from Mass Effect all over again.

19 Likes

Yes, it is automatic. It is hinted that they still love each other, but still sleeping with Lyra.

3 Likes

I can’t believe how quickly this news killed my enjoyment of the game. Unless Sergi is gonna be like “LOL SURPRISE IT WAS JUST A ROUGH PATCH THEY ARE TOGETHER AGAIN ALSO THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED AND YOU ARE INVITED TO THE WEDDING OH ALSO THEY WON A MILLION DOLLARS” it just kind of comes off as a punishment for liking Jury more than he intended us to. It’s like if Legend of Korra’s response to Korrasami was to have Korra tell Asami they weren’t going to ever see each other again and go to hell.

Before learning about how railroaded it is, I liked my hero trying to spread awareness about discrimination. As someone who identifies on multiple spectrums in the minority, I get how it feels to be marginalized and it’s nice to play a character who wants to end that. But I also know people who would rather just stay away from it and focus on their own safety and the safety of their loved ones. And they shouldn’t be forced to be someone else’s learning moment, and by railroading this it forces us to be learning moments. And it comes off as a bit hypocritical when the visible examples of not fitting in are played for laughs, like the chicken head. Yes you can be like “I feel self-conscious now” but then seconds later your sister is like “LOL CHICKEN.” And Prodigal is like “LMAO CHICKEN.” It just comes off as not really caring as much about how it feels to visibly be different than it claims

13 Likes

When is this going to release on android if it’s already out can someone send me a link

It is already on Android the link is already posted in the tread. Just scroll up.