Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

You need to influence her emotions and make her like you.

2 Likes

Hi, so Iā€™ve played HOVG a couple of times and I was so excited when they impleted cheat codes as well since it really helped the story. But recently, when i try to make a new game and input a code it only lets me use that one code whereas earlier i could type in multiple codes for a single story. Please let me know if anyone else is having similar problems or any solutions to fix this! Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a bug. It will be fixed in the next update, although Iā€™m not sure how long we will have to wait for it. Adrao has started working on Armageddon, so it might take a while before he returns his attention to this update. Iā€™m just as excited, because I want a real super character.

1 Like

Hello so the when I enter the play tester cheat code, I always try to buy the Supernova Blast power but it doesnā€™t display it in the powers and neither can I use it. The plasma stream power only seems to work

1 Like

Any news on our unlimited cheats update yet? Iā€™m very excited to use my super character.

2 Likes

Unfortunately my progress on the update for Genesis has beenā€¦ patchy. Basically I want the next update to have something more than just fixing the cheat system (which is important, but given that CoG staff are super-busy, I canā€™t just constantly request updates). There are a couple of things that I want to do for that update, including a new side mission that I have been playing around in my headā€¦ it keeps getting better -in my opinion- but I havenā€™t started writing it, yet alone coding)ā€¦ My brain is all over the place these days (sometimes working on Armageddon, on which I have made some good progress; addressing comments from CoG staff regarding Icepeak Mountains and removing bugs there; etc). Anyway, the update will eventually happen, and hopefully be better than just some bug fixes (at least from those playtesting the game, as I am planning to keep it locked from other readers for now)

13 Likes

I just played this game for the first time since release and it feels so much more polished. I must appreciate this a lot more than I used to, because it is one of my favorites now and I was way too harsh before.

3 Likes

I wonder if I can place a bet on just before Halloween for the update? Just for fun of course.

1 Like

Things should go quicker once I manage to finally get Icepeak Mountains releasedā€¦ been struggling with that, and beginning of term (always underestimate the amount of workā€¦)

5 Likes

What is the side mission you have in mind and am I asking for spoilers?

1 Like

Iā€™m still playing with it in my headā€¦ it started as just the one side mission, but then I thought deeper about it and it could be a sequence of two, introducing a new character. Iā€™m fairly certain about the start, and itā€™d involve a plane hijacking, and it would certainly require certain powersets to resolve (as in, you would have to have a way to get into a plane that is flyingā€¦ ). But, it is still just all in my head. Lets see if I manage to make some progress on it next week after my holidays are over!

5 Likes

Not yet, but as soon as the new update comes out we will.

1 Like

Hi. In one of your yt videos you mentioned doing a superhero game with the creation system from hero or villain. Ik thereā€™s a lot of other things your working on before that but I was just wondering is that idea still a thing?

2 Likes

At one point I ā€œstartedā€ in that I got all the files ready (as in, deleted everything from Hero and Villain that was story, and just left the ā€œengineā€ of the game, which is still quite hefty). However, I finally managed to contain myself from really starting. My current plan is: get Icepeak released (still bit and pieces left to do), write Armageddon (I have started already, I have ~12,000 words of story in a word file)ā€¦ and then see what my brain works on next. I should finish that wizard game, plus my eternal hope is to one day finish the rewrite of The Nebula (my first gameā€¦)

6 Likes

Hehehe omg yes, no pressure or anything, Tokyo Wizard was my first foray into interactive fiction & Iā€™ve been a big fan ever since, Iā€™d love to one day be able to see how the story continues :blush:

2 Likes

So I want to report some bugs, apparently you cannot invent the mk devices if you go with super armor instead of gadgets, that wasnā€™t so bad until the museum thing, you expect the super armor to completely cover all parts of your body including your hands as it was clearly inspired by the iron man suit, but when you grab the stone you absorb it, this because you cannot choose your suit stuff since, well, your armor is your suit, so you automatically absorb the stone when you grab it which doesnā€™t make sense at all because your hands are fully covered in metal, and if something like leather gloves impedes you from absorbing the stone, I canā€™t see how the stoneā€™s power can go through steel hands basically, I was blasted to smitherens which wouldnā€™t have happened if I didnā€™t absorb the stone(which I didnā€™t want to since the armor is hella op as it is) p.s.: if you want to make us happy adding future powers please add web shooting for stun and partially damaging purposes, for example something simple like tornadoes and wind bullets, you could make it so the webs both slow and stun the opponent and the cost would be the sum of what the slow/stun powers combined cost, and web bullets like those our spidey boy can shoot, as is I was only able to make hawk girl minus the spiked mace and wolverine/sabretooth, sabretooth if you take the claws literally, and wolverine if you imagine them as bone claws instead(also you could add heat vision and freezing breath to fire and ice so we can finally make our man of steel with the testers and all powers codes)

3 Likes

Hey, i was playing genesis trying to make a better char, and i noticed the lawyer job has severeal extra bonuses for personality stats, and one of the options even gives extra $1000, while the other 3 jobs, have nothing of the sort, why?

Also, as inventor, why canā€™t we add fire, electric, acid and ultrasound protection, to our armor after the first power distribution?

Still as an inventor, if we choose to buy kevlar or something like that, the kevlar get the place as armor as a DMG reduction mod or the defense is added to it (like wearing it below the armor)?

3 Likes

Just a random question, but what do you guys buy, when going impossible? I like being a inventor, so i just boost my int with it

1 Like

I donā€™t really like the inventor so much. They are stationary targets. I was hoping that we would have our cheats update before Halloween, but now Iā€™m putting my chips on before Christmas.

1 Like

Yeah, but with enough armor, and fly gadget, we can pass the game up to the Philippines, and then we get the vampire boost :slight_smile:

Ps: maybe it doesnā€™t work, cause i have no idea how much strength the lady vampire is going to have

1 Like