Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Hopefully not too sad. If we ask nicely, maybe the limits will be removed. At least they all work now. It would just be better if we could use them without limits, as it will allow for some interesting code combinations. No point in having all these codes if we can only use one. Like I said, just asked nicely and we might just receive. I won’t mind waiting a bit longer.

4 Likes

Yeah, probably just another bug like the “Touchedbymidas” one where it ended your code use after entering it in before the update.

2 Likes

I already sent a pm to Adrao, asking him to look into it. We want super characters lol.

1 Like

So, the good news is that the new version is implemented in all platforms! :slight_smile: (although on Android is says v.1.3.4, instead of v.1.4.1, but anyway the key thing is that it is out!) :slight_smile:

Currently (unless there is a bug), the game should let you use 3 cheat codes in “ridiculously easy” (2 in very easy, and 1 in easy).

@That_one_guy @Denzil_Melgior_Nagel I guess I could revert to having an infinite number of possible cheats on “ridicuolously easy”, or just create a new cheat code that allows this… my concern by allowing too many cheat codes is that the game could break (or unseen bugs appear, especially if the same cheat codes are chosen repeated times… hence my reluctance to allow more than 3…) Mmmmmmm… I get the feeling the safest would be to add a new cheat code to allow to cheat even this, but then place a clear warning about it?

9 Likes

The problem with the whole thing is that, you will need to enter a cheat code before you select a difficulty. That’s why it doesn’t allow you to enter anything more than once. I think you are spot on when you said, just remove the limit but have a warning note about it. You can add something like, enter at your own risk and explain in short that The game might break if users enters way too many codes and that you will not be responsible for it. In fact, if I remember correctly, the author of war for the west did the exact same thing. Anyway, thanks again for the hard work and for listening to us cheaters lol.

3 Likes

Here is a short partial warning on Cheat Codes that you could also use.
Keep in mind that some of the cheats might bug your current play through; use them at your own risk.

7 Likes

I agree with Mr.Denzil

4 Likes

Agreed on having cheat codes without limits, just add a warning.

3 Likes

Ok, then I will introduce that into the next update! :slight_smile: However, note it might take a while, as the next two weeks I will be on “semi-holiday” mode… hoping to find some writing time also, but I am planning to let my brain work on whatever it feels like (rather than giving it orders, not sure if this makes sense… hope I don’t end up starting another WIP…)

9 Likes

Go ahead you deserve an extended break for all the work you do.

6 Likes

Now that we are on the subject, perhaps it will be best if you do the same with Icepeak mountains also. It’s just a suggestion of course, but not doing so might spark the same debate all over again.

3 Likes

Yes, this is a good idea. Iceapeak Mountains is with CoG for checking, but once they are done it will come back to me, and I am planning to do a last quick round of testing… so around that time I can implement that! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Found another bug when you use the megabooster cheat once it locks you out of the cheat menu and force you to start the game.

1 Like

Yes, we were just discussing that. The previous way of entering Cheat Codes will be brought back. Currently, we can only enter codes once.

1 Like

Are you sure because I could put in the debug code and all for one before putting in stat boosting codes

1 Like

Yes, we are working on bringing back infinite code entries.

1 Like

@adrao There seems to be a couple of bugs in the character customization. When I customize the main character’s appearance I cannot select hats or facial hair as accessories.

On another note, can you please implement the “long gloves up to the elbows” option to have the same affect as the short gloves in preventing the initial meteorite energy transfer at the museum when grabbing it.

2 Likes

my game isnt updating on steam anyone else the same?

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’re talking about that but when I bought it on Steam, it didn’t update in my phone application. I sent a mail with a purchase proof and everything was settled within 1-2 hours only.

2 Likes

So… One thing that has been bodering me is that, whenever I face the steel aeronaut in the museum I can’t seem to make them become my ally, I managed once, and never again. Hiw do you do it? I really don’t remember how I did it. Even if I have a 55 relationship with them ( anounce my presence; hide behind cabinets; ask if the armour is titanium or steel-tungsten alloy; say something appeasing) they just say its safer to attack me. How do I make an ally out of the steel aeronaut in the museum (not later)?

2 Likes