Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

Because none of the vampires had any wings. They all look almost human. If you had wings, you will be hunted down by humans and you can’t hide. What I wanted from vampires was the ability to regenerate. Otherwise everything is legit. Btw, some vampires do possess the ability flight without wings, but not in this universe.

1 Like

Ok, we get it fren, you preffer vampires style twillight and i preffer Dracula. Hehe.

1 Like

Well, who am I to stand in the way of how different people see different vampires? I have changed the sequence where you get your powers, now you will only get a minor boost to STR, AGI, and psyche, claws and see in the dark. Then, you will have a choice of getting flight, regenerate over the course of a day, or a boost to either STR, AGI or END. Hopefully this is a nice compromise for everybody? (you can choose your vampire…)

I had forgotten to submit the previous version to CoG, so I will be submitting after I post this!

5 Likes

If youre looking for power set and uses Id be interested w/ something like:
*dream manipulation
> memorytravel (find adversary greatest fear/ maybe phobia)
+*emotional influence
>like subtle mind control/ bending someone elses will for good or bad >set loop adversary dream (like use phobia in nightmare scenario to induce extreme lvl emotion of fear; set extreme lvl emotion induce waking-up into dream; set dream good induce calm; set calm induce nightmare)[its possible, I can wake-up 3x in a nightmare into the same nightmare]
*emotional influence
> use to current target emotion multiply to induce the high lvl (like heart-pounding, eye-popping, madness-inducing levels of emotion
+*telepathy
>send message to target pain receptors/ nerve system instead of the brain; nerve system doesnt seem to send msg to brain like "blood vein is blocked" its more like “problem_ping location” and brain interpret msg as “painful part”(the pain could be maddenning)

1 Like

Those abilities probably need intellegence and finesse and most likely overkill, probably fit for adventure games more. Here are others:
*snow + emotion

fear + cold=> creeping cold=> ice-cold preseved human
*water + emotion
perspire
bleed-out
*light and/or dark
illusion
*air / snow
sun lens (need clear sky)
*air
can make temporary vacuum space ( can attract fire when despelled in a burning building/ field)
can affect sound and make sonar sonar blast

#weapon usage
*whip > inflects pain in multiple body parts if not armored [+(emotion) make opponent sensitive or (mind control) subtly suggest to focus/mind the pain.]

1 Like

(Spoiler Alert) I just defeated Steel Aeronaut in Mongolia on Impossible with following build: Air or Animal-based powers. 30 points into super speed x2 or Animal speed. 10 points into more agility, last ten points into professional athlete for 10 more agility. In order for the build to be complete, marksmanship must be trained to at least 60, and most critically, (spoiler alert!) the choice must be made to take the museum stone using super speed when Steel Aeronaut attempts to steal it. Use the stone to boost agility. Here is screenshot proof of the build’s legitimacy and effectiveness.

After defeating Steel Aeronaut in Mongolia, I had Piteraq (the name means “the wind that attacks” in Greenland) take Aeronaut’s meteorite stone to boost his psyche. After defeating Steel Aeronaut, a Shark-man, a leech-man, Morning Dragon, and two vampires, I figured he had earned that stone’s power.

Endgame stats:

Starting stats:

5 Likes

Thank you Adrao, i love you brother

1 Like

One of my fav games so far I’m torn between the captain and steel. But I think so the win goes to steel. She is a really fleshed out person. Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

@Tierthu_Fraille sorry, unfortunately there are already way too many powers in the game (making it almost unmanageable… ). I won’t introduce any more powers… but, if you have any specific instances of when certain existing powers can be inserted into the game, then I am happy to include them!

@RuffianDog321 I am impressed! To be honest, I thought that some of the paths would be literally impossible (I mean, I coded them in, but I thought nobody would manage…)

By the way, has anybody tried any of the new RO scenes for Lyron or Emilie? (as in, did anybody get to the second date with them?). Any thoughts on them? Also, how do you feel about the slightly expanded first RO scenes with Catalina, John and Emilie?

Sorry I may have forgotten but Emilie? I don’t remember meeting them.

1 Like

Emilie is the boss at your job…

Whoops I blanked, thanks

1 Like

How do you romance Emily?

2 Likes

You generally have to have a good relationship with her, which means pretty much staying at the office and working hard… then eventually the game will present the opportunity to go on a date with somebody at the office, IF you stay in New York -as opposed to going abroad-, and IF you play as a hero or vigilante

2 Likes

How do you meet Lyron? I’ve played through a few times and haven’t encountered him yet

1 Like

Go for the patrol the city options, eventually you will come across Lyron as he exits a restaurant… obviously, fighting him isn’t the option to go for if you want to romance him

4 Likes

I think the teleportation can be used in battle, if MC teleport behind an opponent so that they are back to back with each other (with just enough space to manuever) and a little bit higher than them then MC can perform an aerial manuever (the speed of the MC spinning around) and added grav bonus maybe + the attack type (like if you want to spin mid-air diagonally & kick or spin midair and use hand weapon). MC don’t actually have to do that manuever though, MC can just teleport next to him(preferably in a blind spot) and bash him with whatever MC have or if MC has gun they could shoot point blank. But those attacks also don’t usually work twice or maybe it could just as long as not used in succession (it would only increase possibility of opponent guessing where you"ll be and that can prompt a counter attack or something like that.)

1 Like

That was unless the teleport power gives off a warning like a teleportation incapsulating energy and doesn’t even operate or commence fast enough to compensate for it by the way.
I’m not sure if you already put this: for speed(if can jump high vertically or even if not as long as fast enough), it can be used to bombard opponent as direct attack even without sword or claws as long as MC is tough enough compared to opponent. A normal human speed is fast enough twice that is even more deadly(atleast in real life). And I suppose maybe you could use the attacks that are actually/ decidedly deadly as like a finisher choice or something like that to kind of give MC a style rather than the fact of using them only to be disapointed that the result don’t quite agree with how much damage it should inflict, but could also probably end the battle too quickly if it does( especially if enemy is normal human or has low max health).
*personally, I don’t know how hot hellfire is but if it is like being thrown to vacuum space unprotected from ultra-violet rays(which would probably feel like burning cold even if the temperature is actually high compared to earth’s atmosphere) then back somewhere there is air, that would be so hot it would probably drive a person insane if that person survives it.
*so I guess if you want to, then you can probably add or use some of the attacks to be used when enemy is very close to being indisposed to prompt a kind of stylish MC/ all’s well that ends well or something like that. just to give battles a good finish I guess.

1 Like

Thanks. [spoiler]I’ve tested the build on the cyborg island and Mr. Watson routes, and it managed to beat those as well. The reasons it worked was the build’s combination of speed and agility could just dodge/minimize almost any physical attack thrown at it, and I used sneaky first attacks whenever possible, especially to avoid psychic/non-dodge-able attacks. I got the idea for the build from an animal-powered play-through with animal speed and high agility, as I got to find out what attacks could be dodged with just those powers.

Many of the fights were real close and required specific choices. Defeating Aeronaut at the bank and Mongolia required shooting and disabling her laser blaster on the very first turn both times. Taking the museum stone is required for the build to work. The leech had to be shot in the antennae first turn. The ninjas just before Watson himself almost won, even with the build getting help from Black Cockroach. The build defeated the vampires only by dodging their attacks until they withered/weakened from lack of blood, since my gunslinger was without a gun at the time. I doubt the build would succeed as a open villain.

I do have one question about the ending where you defeat Mr. Watson: Mr. Watson kidnapped, beat up, and chained up Tidal Bore/Catalina in the setup to that ending, but I don’t recall any scene from that ending where the player character checks on Tidal Bore after beating Mr. Watson. Wouldn’t a scene where the hero checks on Tidal Bore/gets her out of those chains make sense, especially if the character in question is romancing her? Just my two cents. [/spoiler]

2 Likes