Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

what’s ro?

1 Like

romance option

1 Like

Weird, I have a 76 relationship stat with her and don’t get any option for that

1 Like

Hey Adrao, im not really into the idea of adding new RO because i want to play a game purely about super humans, not one about romance, but do you think there is still a chance to add new powers in the next update versions or the secuel of the game? (If you decide to make one) ive been looking foward for powers like necromancy, commanding animals, breathing fire, berserker mode, brainwashing, etc.

1 Like

Somebody have a list with all RO in the game?

2 Likes

True, it wouldn’t be too difficult to put those two together, right? I guess something like that could happen, but at that point the story cuts anyway…

@GamesMaster the RO with Emily will probably only present itself if you stay in NY… going abroad doesnt give you enough time to do many of the RO.

@BGL, unfortunately I am not really planning on adding any more power options. Most people seem to agree the choices over there are really broad. However, the RO sequences have been critizised, so I want to polish that part of the game a little more for those that like that. I am happy to add more places to use existing powers, if anybody has any suggestions…

@Reinaldo_Pimentel most of the characters that appear can be RO, including colleagues at work, Emily, side characters -Carolina, Lyron, captain Villardi, Steel Aeronaut, Beltrand, gun shop attendants… mmmm did I forget anybody? However, if you are looking at that side of the game you might want to wait a bit, as I am currently working on an update that will hopefully increase -marginally in some cases, more substantially in others- the depth and quality of some of the RO scenes for some characters…

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see how the romantic intrigue side of the story will play out, both in the update and the next chapter of the story, alongside the relationships between the characters in general. Romance in a story can be a useful tool among many tools for helping bring characters to life. It’s far from the only tool, but is often useful. Romantic or not, connections to other people are something almost any human wants and can feel empathy towards.

What a character finds appealing or revolting, whether romantically, platonically, empathetically, or logically, can provide insight into who they really are. What does that character truly want deep down? What do they fear most? What psychological mask might they create and present to the world to protect themselves from potential threats in the setting, real or imagined? Ehh, sorry, I’m getting carried away here…

[spoiler]In any case, it will be extremely interesting to see how the Battle of Champions will play out, as the implications and number of questions involved are staggering.

How long will the tournament go on? What other people from Earth will be involved? What aliens will the player character meet? What horrors and opportunities await in the tournament? Will the tournament be broadcast to Earth for all to see, revealing that humanity’s super-powered were simply the product a god-like alien race looking for gladiatorial entertainment, or will Earth be left in the dark to wonder where all the powered individuals went? What will happen to the player character’s mother, friends, or love interests back on Earth? These are just a few of the questions that come to mind. Looking forward to what’s next. [/spoiler]

2 Likes

I’ve been achievement hunting but I don’t know how to get ‘Lord of Wall Street’ and ‘Down with the Military’.

1 Like

Those are both on the evil paths of the game, Down with the military means you need to defeat Captain Harris (in the evil supergroup path), Lord of Wall Street… is at the end of the building an evil crime empire path… :wink:

1 Like

Hey @adrao, I encountered a game-ending bug when I started playing it on my Kindle Fire. I was only about an hour or so into the story when it happened.

I’ll send in a screen shot to the support email tonight.

1 Like

OK, no matter what I do I can’t get her romance path to pop up. I have 100% on the layout and I made her like me and I stayed in New York as well.

1 Like

Thanks @Eric_Moser! :slight_smile:

@GamesMaster you don’t get “Message somebody in the office to see if they would like to meet up with me”? as one of the evening choices? If you choose this then you should be able to meet them… I am checking the code now, and everything seems to be ok.

Is anybody else having trouble romancing Emily? (please let me know now, as I have finished the next update for the game, improving several of the RO, so if there is a bug it would be better to sort it out before I push things to Choice of Games)

Out of all the options, I never get that one.

1 Like

Really? I usually do if I choose to stay in NY

1 Like

when will the sequel come out?

1 Like

Well, its not even one month since it was published, and I am still dealing with bugs, etc. I need to finish another game before I even start on the sequel for this, so we are really talking about 1-1.5 years (more likely 1.5 than 1, really…)

1 Like

@adrao I have another question beyond the sequel that will come out, do you have any more future plans with the game? Or will it end with the sequel?

1 Like

The sequel is slowly weaving itself in my head. There is a vague notion of how I would like the sequel to end, and which factions I’d like to bring in. Then, there could be another sequel to the sequel, though that is really just an aspiration at this point (the general idea is there…)

2 Likes

The first update to the game was submitted on the 17th of October. List of changes is given below:

V.1.1. Changes

-4,000 extra words.
-Expanded RO sequences for several characters.
-Possibility of second “date” with Lyron and Emily.
-New dialogue options
-New options in some fights.
-Bugfixes, etc

Thanks to everybody who gave feedback. Hopefully, I can continue to update and upgrade the game in the future!

9 Likes

The development of the game based on the ending of the first game seems pretty much something similar to the “Tournament of Champions” of the Earth-616 in the marvel comics, but also give me a vibe of planet Hulk, pretty much i have an idea about how the secuel is gonna be. Btw Adrao i have a question if you dont mind to answer of course. Why when you turn into a vampire thanks to Ms. Dagos it give you powers like claws, see in the dark and boost some of your stats but it didnt give you Wings? I mean most times are portayed with the hability of flight, its just a small doub i have. Thanks for your time.

1 Like