Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

I don’t think she was Emily’s friend as she didn’t even remember her name when introducing us.

and what if MC tries to save her by taking her to that wierd doctor on tv who experiments on her and turns her into Frankenstein-ish monster but she still has some conscious-ness left and sacrifices herself to save MC from herself or some other Big Bad?
That would make some serious heart-aching story :sob:

1 Like

I chose to absorb the Psyche power from the stone, that means increased willpower and my Telepathy . By combining Telekinetic and Telepathy power, hypothetically i can restructure her brain structure and remove the tumour while at the same time, maintaining her brain-wave frequency …most likely i will save her myself :blush:

3 Likes

Maximum Health (ENDURANCE x 4): 96
Current Health: 1.0416666666666665%

On very easy after resting, You might have overfloow there

Sorry I didn’t get to reply much today, was busy trying to get the next update ready (over 4000 words, with many bug corrections, etc). My next updates will focus on remaining side-stories and changes to sequences with colleagues.

New changes today
@CaesarCzech I think I found the bug, let me know if you still get it
-Cosy moment with captain on way to buy vodka @Eric_knight, post 232. You can now RO the captain and invite her to the ball . Will start working on Catalina tonight, if I have enough strength…
-Added some flirting options with Steel Aeronaut. Hopefully more will follow later! @AmericanShakespeare @BigSmoke
-Changes to Steel Aeronaut fight with high psyche (fight back and end up crashing into wall?). you can now stun her in first attack, if psyche >40. Note that she will learn from previous fights!
-Added new option to second fight with Steel Aeronaut can now send museum lamp crashing down on her, if intelligence >10, marksmanchip >20, ranged damage >20, or strength >40 and you can get to the lamp (teleportation, flight, jump)
-Steel Aeronaut flight scenes are now slightly longer, and the 2nd flight can go up to three rounds.

Issues left to deal with
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence)
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!)
-Look at possibility of influencing boss with mind powers
-Change the description of why the MC is being shouted at (if high charisma/intelligence they should refer to frequent absence, little work done, etc). MC feels as if nothing they do matters (so there should be some room for that)
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page
-Add option to clear powers and choose again
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation? become a villain?
-Mr Watson chapter part II and III (romance Catalina?), Black cockroach sidekick, other sidekick, billards bar (total 5 extra)

4 Likes

Otherwise, how do you feel about the fights now? Do they feel like there are more options to try? I’m happy about any specific suggestions on how to use existing powers in a different way during fights (but please, can I ask you to be specific? Like, “in the 2nd fight with Steel Aeronaut, if my intelligence is >30, I think I should be able to use my $$$$$ power to $$$$$, causing $$$$ damage” etc.

**bugs**

Following your encounter with Tidal Bore it is clear that Mr. Watson is a dangerous criminal, who is using intimidation and violence to achieve his aims. You could go back to meet Catalina, and try to see if there have been any developments in the case against Mr. Watson.

Already met her second time so…

The captain puts the bottle of vodka into one of the side pockets of her ragged coat, while she replies to you with a serious voice. “I made that promise to my father, before he died. He was gunned down outside our house, by some paid killer sent by a drug lord he had put in jail. I struggled to understand it for years, yet he made me promise that I would put the pursuit of justice and the law above any considerations of my own safety”.

It comes up when MC asks her why she’s taking such a risk but doesn’t go away when when MC compliments her guise with vodka

The captain smiles wearily. “Yes, one of my best agents taught me this… however, the kind of missions I sent him eventually got him killed…”
The captain puts the bottle of vodka into one of the side pockets of her ragged coat, while she replies to you with a serious voice. “I made that promise to my father, before he died. He was gunned down outside our house, by some paid killer sent by a drug lord he had put in jail. I struggled to understand it for years, yet he made me promise that I would put the pursuit of justice and the law above any considerations of my own safety”.

The “Attribute enhancing powers” only have them up till “more than average human”

1 Like

Very easy

Maximum Health (ENDURANCE x 4): 96
Current Health: -1.0416666666666665%

This time its even overflowing into minus there is something very wrong with picking up that stone i would say.

Also the thanks captain Dialogue keeps looping forcing me to go with other choices why are either kiss her hand or insult her in three different variants of severity, This didnt happen when i played it previously short while ago, i didnt ask her about the importance of the person of photo to her this time throught and then went with the vodka line, so it might be different dialogue set.

6_Mascarade_and_Merriment line 219: Invalid option; conflicts with option ‘“Yes, we are friends. I’m not sure why we have even been fighting, really”’ on line 211

1 Like

I am not sure if this one has been mentioned, but whenever I try to slip the store person some cash because I ‘left my permit at home’ my money will decrease and I still can not buy a firearm, but can still slip her (because I talked to Jenny) money for ‘forgetting’ my permit.

An option to get a permit would be nice, or to have one already if you choose marksman or hunter would logically fit. Most hunters and marksmen have permits to purchase that I have known in my life.

I think I caught some other inconsistency but I am at college and I need to start my quiz that I should have been doing instead of reading through this one for the fifth time.

1 Like

Does fighting still feel like “choose three possibly identical options and hope you don’t get knocked out” instead of a real fight? Because last time I played it felt like a Pokemon battle. Superhero use speed punch

2 Likes

Maybe with law you can convince black cockroach by tring to give him legal advice about what to say for a reduced sentence or get off on a technically

I think i found a coding error…

Whenever i chose the option of controlling the mind of gang leader to attack his followers for the first time…this come out:

"He then holds his bat with two hands and swings it at you.

However, your force field completely protects you any damage from the baseball bat."

But the above story was told that :

“Shocked, they all eventually start running away, **with the leader following them once you release him.”**

So i think the leader shouldn’t run away first , instead he should tried to harm me :slight_smile:

and then when i chose to mind control again …
this same scene happen again on the next page…

" You take control of the gang leader, and make him smash his baseball bat into the rest of the gang. Shocked, they all eventually start running away, with the leader following them once you release him.

He then holds his bat with two hands and swings it at you.

However, your force field completely protects you any damage from the baseball bat."

but this scene was continue with Tidal Bore taking over and chase …

“While you are in the middle of the fight with the gang member, the injured woman suddenly pushes you aside, and with a series of rapid kung-fu style blows sends the gang leader flying backwards. Visibly impressed, the rest of the gang members turn around and start running.”

So i think there is sort of continuous error there…i would suggest that after controlling the gang leader to beat his member, the leader remain… tried to hit me, my force field protected me (if i don’t have force field, i parry his attack) and Tidal Bore took over and beat him out (without the gang members

There is a glitch the telekinesis power is no longer showing up

Days later, and I finally remember to return to state the inconsistency I possibly caught but was still at college so I couldn’t really do anything about it.

After your first fight with Steel Aeronaught, the headline seems to think it was your second time encountering them.

Now, back to the whole bed thing.

Corrected the bugs you highlighted, but I didnt understand what you meant here?

I meant that the second paragraph repeats itself when MC compliments her Vodka thingy when it should only appear when MC asks why the risk.

Attribute enhancing powers are only limited to “more than average human” now like,

• my psyche is slightly better than average human
  • My psyche is better than average human

But before it was also

• My psyche is much better than average human
  • I have super human psyche

Bug corrections:
@AmericanShakespeare corrected, thanks!
@CaesarCzech, maybe I found the problem, let me know if the health bug continues. Corrected the other bugs
@Lycanthromorphic if you choose marksman at school you now have a weapons permit. Glad you read this for the fifth time, though I hope this didnt affect your quiz… corrected newspaper bug also
@GenecoInheritor, I introduced more options, but let me know if you still feel this way… I wanted to offer more variety…
@Blank, this may happen whenever I get around to coding the BC side-mission… Telekinesis now appears, and the bug at the end was corrected
@Eric_knight, bug corrected, thanks!

3 Likes

Is this under the same group of powers? Basically, how much you can enhance each ability depends on the group of powers chosen…

2 Likes

20/20 on my quiz as usual, so no worries about my quiz being negatively influenced.

1 Like

Yeah sorry I chose Light abilities and thought why can’t I get beyond human psyche :tired_face:

1 Like