Hero or Villain: Genesis (feedback thread)

It’s an astride :confused: and they did strap nukes into it relating to my energy analysis

1 Like

On the Space Rocks drawing people to it, here’s a section about your MC running into the space rock. “When a glowing blue stone attracted your attention. It was mesmerising, with its pulsating light pulling you towards it with an irresistible force.”

That doesn’t sound like curiosity, that sounds like what a moth experiences when it runs straight into a bright light. (Plus, I doubt Nukes would make a stone that draws people to it, even ignoring the whole radioactive spider gives me powers deal.)

Plus later in the game, Miners from Chilly are able to find several stones underground because they were being called to them. (which they wouldn’t have been able to see, or even know was there)…Plus during the second fight with the Star Man (Steel astronaut), if you try and take the stone, you will feel the same, irresistible pull, again.

4 Likes

You use the opportunity to push a couple of shelves on top of him, wish sends their contents scattering around the supermarket.

3 Likes

Personally I think mesmerise and curiosity are related … mesmerise means ," to capture the complete attention of (someone)" and Curiosity is one the main reason that can capture the complete attention of someone :slight_smile:

Take example of if someone allow a person to choose between $10,000 and a Mysterious Box … most likely the person will feel there is an irresistible force pulling him towards choosing the Box instead of the money… that irresistible force is usually human Curiosity :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean sure you can be curious, and a blue glowing stone from space can be quiet mysterious, but I think from the way it’s been written, (And the Miners example.) that there’s a bit more at work here.

Though I could be wrong, perhaps the blue light was just really pretty…And the MC is secretly a moth.

2 Likes

Well… from scientific point of view… the extraterrestrial “Stone(s)” could be generating a certain frequency as a result of the kinetic energy of unseen particles , this frequency is in synchronous with the brain-wave frequency of most human beings , hence naturally the brain operation will eventually “draw” them towards the stone :slight_smile: it is the same hypothesis of “possession” and "hypnotise " :smile:

3 Likes

steel areonaunt as a romance option?

2 Likes

Is the person be we hang out with supposed to define our sexuality? Because I always chose the woman at the art museum and while my character is a lesbian ( except if I play Eleven) it’s a super subtle way of asking if it is too subtle .

2 Likes

Answers
@Nidokingler, Kitty Pride was a favourite character of mine, but this would disrupt too many things within the game, and involve extensive re-writing of fight scenes… sorry…
@AmericanShakespeare thanks for the list of typos and bugs, corrected! (well, should be corrected in next version I upload later today)
@Oirbse, hadn’t thought much about going into the history of the asteroids in this game. Depending on the reception, I was thinking of the potential of making a sequel that talked more about its origins I have different ideas for this floating in my head, about an extraterrestrial race/empire, etc , but probably too much already happening in this game?
@GenecoInheritor no, it is not. Basically, the game is not gender-locked in any way. While other games ask you for your sexuality, I have started to follow the path of not asking (well, at the beginning of the game I ask for gender, but that is as far as things go, and is purely cosmetic). Essentially, you are/will be free to RO whichever character you want, out of the options available. The philosophy I am following is that the MC should have the freedom to choose to romance whoever they wish (which I agree is not like real life works, but this is fiction… some people seem to feel that this detracts a little bit from realism? I basically don’t know what is better…)

Issues left to deal with (note that some of these might be incorporated in next update!)
-Cosy moment with captain on way to buy vodka @Eric_knight, post 232
-Add possibility to RO Steel Aeronaut? @AmericanShakespeare @BigSmoke
-Changes to Steel Aeronaut fight with high psyche (fight back and end up crashing into wall?). Ability to all stay counscious though sheer will power
-Maybe add plant powers (influence relationships through pheromones, get information, etc)
-Add possibility of port official trying to run away (fly, teleportation, water breathing to catch him, weapons dealer has a mercenary to fight). Possibility to turn them in.
-Add option for MC to invent a gadget? (high engineering and intelligence)
-More choices of professions (student, scientist?). On the 4th day there should be difference (engineer called away to building, student going to lecture). Thanks @GenecoInheritor
-Make fight scenes longer?
-Add instances of use of engineering, law and journalism to provide extra info to MC
-Re-write some of the dialogues for co-workers, to add flavour (a frequent complaint, so I need to work on this!)
-Look at possibility of influencing boss with mind powers
-Change the description of why the MC is being shouted at (if high charisma/intelligence they should refer to frequent absence, little work done, etc). MC feels as if nothing they do matters (so there should be some room for that)
-Place all powers chosen in the power choosing page
-Add option to clear powers and choose again
-Possibility to eventually romance the boss? Having a base? working for a government organisation? become a villain?

5 Likes

I would strongly recommend that …but hey don’t forget the possibility to romance Catalina/Tidal Bore too :smile:

1 Like

oh like the Kree, nice that would make it pretty awesome if the sequel follows same MC and the Villain MC will want to conquer that said empire

1 Like

Brains only way to imagine Ro with Steel Aeronaught

Mc: So Steel Aeronaught i know i technically beat you twice then you kicked my teeth in but…uh…umm…w-wanna go out and get drinks?
Steel Aeronaught: AHAHAHA! that’s quite the set of lug nuts you have.
Mc: Uses Sad Doe eyes
Steel Aeronaught:…
Mc:adds trembling lip
Steel Aeronaught: will cracks ok one date
Mc: Claps excitedly yaay!
Steel Aeronaught:…wow your good. Have you ever considered Villainy?
Mc: It seemed to Boring, much more challenging being naughty as the good guy sticks out tongue

2 Likes

@Eric_knight I’m coding now some additional dialogue options with Steel Aeronaut, later today I’m hoping to code Villardi and possibly Catalina…

@AmericanShakespeare :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Steel Aeronaught is Podrigral :wink:

Both of them are applying high technology skill and both of them can easily kill MC if they wanted to…but they didn’t , for some reason … they are falling for MC :slight_smile:

Hmmm… perhaps you can develop a background story on Steel Aeronaut was an “old” friend , how she was envious of MC for rising up the status as hero while nobody thought about her ? :slight_smile:
Perhaps. it can also be that MC used to save her small sister from that burning building ? This can all explain why the Villainous lady spare us many times :smile:

Hey thanks for Catalina consideration :smile: I really wish Catalina can be a RO :blush:

1 Like

As a quick suggestion, I would like a villian that can enter your hero’s mind as one of our ‘rogue galleries’. Would that even be possible?

OH NO! Book two Steel Aeronaught must get massive radiation poisoning it all fits! they first ignore you, then they get slightly annoyed and give you a light tap cause your just to cute with your attempts and your little outfit to kill, then they have to try to make you realize your in too deep to push you away. Steel is just a bigger version of My prodigal. :hugs: i loved the podigal storyline just to fuzzy and then tragic. Star crossed love :cry:

2 Likes

Steel Aeronaught never reveal her face right ? How tragic it will be when it was reveal that Steel Aeronaught is actually Catalina ? our sidekick ? I knows Steel A is red hair and Catalina’s hair is black…but she can dye her hair right ? :thinking: In the end , Steel Aeronaught tells us that she was at our side all along and she was grateful we decided to save our sidekick and let Mr Watson got away… an “enemy” who is closest to us without us knowing it will be so tragic… Star Crossed love indeed :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Nah she comes in party as a Sarah

1 Like

I always just assumed Steel Aeronaut was the female option of the two … dates? Friendship hangout? Forced socialization to make you interact with people and thus leave because of a crisis?

Ya know the Painting or The Foodie scene. ( I’d rather choose neither)

Is Sarah an actual friend of Emily ? I would think Sarah was wearing her Mask and Emily just met her in the party ? and in the end, everyone Knew Sarah turn rogue… so if Emily had known Sarah for real, Emily would knew her friend is a villain right ? So my guess is, no one knew the real identity of Steel Aeronaught :slight_smile: but being expose to the Star stone and apply most of its power… wouldn’t it meant Steel Aeronaught will develop a brain tumour as well ? :cry: I hope we can still save her

1 Like