Hero of Daria: The RPG (WIP) - CLOSED

Yes, the menu describes the perk and has a confirmation “do you want this?” Back out option.

Currently there are about 30 choosable perks. There are a few more that are class specific. I’ll likely add more as I go along.

12 Likes

I know that people will request a Save Game feature, even for testing. Here are my questions:

• Does the Save Game plug-in work on Dashing Don? I see many topics about the plug in, but they date back many years. If anyone knows this or has a recent link to get this working, I’d appreciate it. :slight_smile:
  • What happens to a person’s saved game when I add/remove/update variables and files? How badly does it break the game? Does it give a warning so that I know the error came from this instead of from something else?
6 Likes

Wait… Grey Wardens?

Like, Dragon Age Grey Wardens?

Can I name mine Hawke?

And are there Griffons?

2 Likes

Yes, and it’s integrated to make it super easy to use. :D More info here.

Not sure…although, I think the answer here would be, ‘it depends’? On what’s changed and where, and where the save is related to that. Maybe @CJW could clarify or make a suggestion there, though?

4 Likes

Here’s some info in the linked thread, about changes to existing code

As I understand it, changes to the future sections (the ones that player did not read yet) should not affect game saves. Correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

It’ll be a 100% case-by-case basis. Literally all the save plugin does is dump your game state as-is at the top of every new “page” (i.e
every time the page is reset). Thus if you go back and add a variable to startup.txt that you then reference later on, the save is going to break. If you add a new temp to a scene file that is only visited before the save occurred, then you’ll probably get away with it. The best approach is to minimise global state and keep everything as modular as possible, but to cut a long story short, it’s a game in development! Things have to break at some point, saving included :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, @Fiogan You saved me a lot of searching. :slight_smile:

Excellent, thanks! Great plug in, @CJW

I have it up and running.

7 Likes

Be gentle on me. :slight_smile: The link to the game is live. I’m sure it’s full of bugs, which is why I started a bug thread.

Links can be found on the first page.

17 Likes

ITS FINALLY HERE
IM GONNA INMERSE MYSLEF UNTIL IM ONE WITHE THE GAME
20 non caped captions

3 Likes

Fascinating start to the story!

1 Like

Tried out the demo, lordie this is ambitious and I’m just getting started, love it! Can’t beat that ruddy wolf in the Logan quest yet though…

1 Like

How do you get more money?

1 Like

Helping people and fighting enemies, Kill some bandits, go hunting, search the sewers, sell any extra equipment.

The game’s barely started. New areas will bring more quests and more opportunities. You can get your first level in something by the end of chapter 1 without difficulty. When I get more side content, you’ll reach level 2 and 3 easy enough, which will help with the tougher monsters.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing!:grinning:

1 Like

After becoming a wizard I asked Jolina to teach me alchemy I should bring her two ingredients and even though she said that I should find them not too deep into the forest I cant choose an action to search for them. Is it because you havent coded the alchemy level yet?

And what‘s the difference between perks and powers?

1 Like

Set up camp and start hunting. The ingredients can be found and the potion can be made.

2 Likes

1 Like

So far I find it kind of hard to kill enemies but other then that I enjoy the game.

1 Like

So… much…

I’ll play the rest in the morning. So far, definitely leans towards the gaming aspect more than the story aspect. Reminding me of Life of a Wizard, but with more freedom.

3 Likes

This is excellent! So far, I reached fighter level 2 and did as many quests as I could. Ended up with a good build, I think, because I pretty much defeated every enemy. (I might have loaded back a few times…). Anyways, waiting for new updates because I finished what could be counted as the “main quest” I assume. Really interested to see Tornassa.

2 Likes