Have Human, Will Travel! (SYP sequel WIP) - Demo available!

@Lizzy and @JamesiaInc, you have been added! Thank you!

1 Like

if there is still a chance, i would like to beta test to… :worried:

Yep, still plenty of time! Added to the list. Expect an update in the next couple of weeks!

2 Likes

Next couple of weeks? Dammit, I need to clear my schedule…

Haha, aiming for early October which, yeah, as hard as it for me to believe, is coming up pretty fast! :sweat_smile: No worries, though. I have a pretty full plate these days, too, so I get it.

It’s going to be a staggered beta, meaning the first half of the game will be posted first, then the rest (or most of the rest) after the first rounds of edits can be made, along with an update of what changed. I’m hoping to lessen the risk of tester burn out that way. Also trying to facilitate a kind of round table feedback, especially for those who either haven’t beta tested before or are unsure of how to respond, so you can collaborate and discuss your impression with others who were assigned the same path if you want. Or post your feedback completely independent of what anyone else says or thinks! It’s all good, no pressure! We want everyone to have fun with this while making our story better (theoretically). :relaxed:

4 Likes

So exciting! I can’t wait!!! :smile:

1 Like

Hey all! Along with the dropbox issue, I have encountered some other unexpected technical difficulties as well (not just with hosting, sadly), which has delayed some editing progress longer than I wanted. I expect to iron those out and catch up soon. This weekend I will be co-heading a table at Imaginarium Con with @Eric_Moser, so my original plan to get the first half of beta posted before then won’t happen until sometime afterwards. I just wanted to let everyone know, though, that despite these setbacks, everything else is coming together and I haven’t forgotten about any of you! Thank you for your patience!!!

EDIT TO ADD: JUST got in a small shipment of 1.5" buttons I designed that we will have available for purchase at conventions (and maybe online or to use as giveaways, if there is interest), based on some of our favorite quotes and images from the game. I think they came out so great! To say I am excited is an understatement. :heart_eyes:

If anyone has a particular line or scene from the game that really grabbed them, I’d love to hear it! :smiley:

15 Likes

Awwww sorry to hear about the troubles, but I’m far more excited that this is coming than disappointed about waiting a little longer…hmmm wonder when I became an optimist, this is troubling :laughing:

4 Likes

Umm…all three of those are awesome! Will likely finish it tonight!

1 Like

That second button is all me when I’m around parents and their gaggling brood. I’m not proud…
Well, maybe a little.

Ugh so bummed I wanted to go to that, but I have work. Found out from a guy selling books at scarefest.

No worries. Vex is proud, too. We thought some people might relate. :wink:

1 Like

Aww, we’ll miss seeing you! It’s been a lot of fun getting to know Eric and spreading the word about CoG and HG this weekend. We got to talk to the organizers and even though the expo floor (where our table is–they also have panels and workshops going on you have to pay to get in to) is free to the public, they felt that local advertising has been weaker and they haven’t always gotten the turn out they want. It’s also only their third year, so it’s still growing. They are going to try and market it as an expo AND public book fair from now on to try and get the word out.

That said, they also have the dates set for the next two years: Oct 6-8 in 2017 and Oct 5-7 in 2018, so everyone can start planning now. :wink:

There is some talk about POSSIBLY getting an interactive fiction panel together that includes @Eric_Moser, Tony R. Smith, and myself (edit to add: and @Lordirish, hopefully)! Imaginarium is very open the idea! So we shall see! :grin:

3 Likes

Yes I have set in stone the date for next year so let me know if you hear any more on the panel would very much love to be apart of that. :smile:

1 Like

I will definitely let you and everyone else know when/if @Eric_Moser and I hear any updates!

2 Likes

Hey all! Quick update, since I haven’t posted one here in a while…things are still underway, but after September we continued to hit some big snags, not just technically, but with real life interfering, and now the holiday season is upon us, which has proven to be a difficult time with family and work. :cry:

That being said, we have not forgotten about you or the story!!! Would be nice to be able to post a first part of the beta before the end of the year, but I no longer feel confident in setting any specific timeline. However, we still have our list of volunteers and hammer away at it when and wherever we can. I hope to get things moving more smoothly again very soon!

Thank you in advance for your understanding and, as always, your support! :heartbeat: I will be sure to update this page when we have more concrete progress for you!

16 Likes

Tis alright! :smile:

Well, at least it’s alright for me. :+1: I myself have been running into a few snags in my game, hell I’ve tripped over a few of them. Thankfully my team of testers are kind enough to understand the troubles. As long as I hear everything’s good and you’re all alright, I’m happy enough to say. I await your awesomeness!

I don’t speak for everyone, but I’m sure some maybe more understand the trouble you’re all going through… I know I do. :wink:

Anyways, Much love! :heart: :heart: :heart: Much patience! :relieved: And much gratitude and respect for keeping the progress going! :+1:

Hope the all of you can overcome the snags and troubles! Hell, I hope I can too…

Good luck! :grin:

3 Likes

I just want to clarify; this is the follow up to So You’re Possessed? Like what happens when you go through the portal?

Yep, exactly! Picks up immediately where SYP leaves off.

Edit to add: Sadly, the teaser demo that demonstrated the opening pages went the way of Dropbox, so everyone has to wait for more… :cry:

1 Like

Inspired by the clever @Eric_Moser and to help keep our collective momentum going while we get over the sequel delay hump, we’re hosting a swag giveaway on our fan page in appreciation of our supporters.

As revealed only here in the forums, the three buttons I previewed earlier on this thread will be included, but the other SYP themed goodies will be a surprise!

Three winners will be drawn at random. So, if anyone here would like a shot at sharing in the freebie glory, check out the post pinned at the top of our FB page for more information! Thanks, all! :smiley:

3 Likes