Halloween Jam 2022

Cool. Seeing as my name here is Caronte, - Charon - I’m already biased regarding Parch Vossen, as a fellow ferryman of souls.

1 Like

That initial ‘new project’ energy and motivation ran out, and then there was too many stressful things taking up my time for a while, so there’s no way I’m gonna have anything playable ready in time.

I hope everyone else is having a great time! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

The mere fact of starting is already a sucess. You always can use it later on and practice will serve you well.

4 Likes

Only five more days to go! How’s everyone’s progress going?

4 Likes

As for me, it’s been going very well! Even though I haven’t been able to polish my game as much as I want to due to personal reasons, I’m still proud of what I’ve accomplished.

4 Likes

Mine has not gone very good. Received the continuity testing link got my game so have been busy with that. Sadly don’t think I can rush a game in time :frowning:

3 Likes

You are a great writer, the fact you tried is enough.

Sometimes life goes in the way but that doesn’t mean we did badly.

Maybe you can edit the story to reuse in other project.

2 Likes

I’m actually thinking of turning the concept into a short story for Halloween. That should be possible I think.

2 Likes

That’s actually a great idea. Small games are fun to read

I’ve pretty much finished my original vision. Obviously, a lot of it could be expanded upon eventually. For right now, I just need to run it through a spell-checker and add some small parts that won’t result in scope-creep before the end of the jam haha.

This is the first jam I’ve participated in and am a bit surprised I managed to create something in time honestly. But I have had a lot of fun writing it.

4 Likes

Many people surprise when discover that can end up games on schedule. But it is not difficult it just needs practice learning to do a plan that is accurate with our situation. Writing is a skill that need practice. I join a lot of contests and jams every year to someday achieve my goal of writing a game capable of being published.

2 Likes

Title: Moonlight Masked Ball

Description: A dating sim where your goal is to get all six numbers from those in attendance. This is a short and sweet game with simple solutions that provides a small burst of entertainment. Enjoy!

Link: https://dashingdon.com/go/12405

9 Likes

Congratulations to beat your Jam! You can say you ended a game.

Still, hope the other runners make their goal!

3 Likes

A very cute game that made me smile. I particularly liked some of the sillier details like the terrible flirts via text, “You wait, but with an also” or “Err, maybe you should seek some help for your fantasy section obsession”. :joy:

3 Likes

Title: Abomination

Description: An unusual email in your inbox… a short game about survival (or not surviving)

Warnings for mentions of violence and body horror.

Link: https://dashingdon.com/go/12402

I didn’t think I could finish something in time for Halloween, considering this is the first time I’ve ever done this, but I had the most fun ever. Thanks Mara!

5 Likes

Title: Fervency

Description: After a mysterious, masked physician cures you from a vicious plague, you start to feel some strange and unfamiliar cravings. When attending a masquerade ball in a crowded ballroom, you feel your yearnings becoming increasingly harder to withstand.

Warnings for explicit violence.

Link: https://dashingdon.com/play/charonte/fervency/mygame/

9 Likes

Didn’t finish in time (got too distracted with my primary WIP) but looking forward to reading all the other entries!

3 Likes

Did you have fun? Thst is the important.

4 Likes

Oh, it was an absolute blast! I had a lot of fun on the work I did manage to do, and I’ll probably turn it into a full game soon. Thanks for hosting!

3 Likes

I want to do a poll to know community feedback about they want further jams. I want to apologize for any errors I could made in the process and people could send me a pm with suggestions.

Would you want more Halloween jams?
  • No, no more jams
  • Yes, I think jams are cool

0 voters

4 Likes