Guenevere (WIP)

Accepting him as A puts her a lot closer to accepting him as B, though. What actually causes that transition will be Guen herself, since any possible triad will only be possible at her request (or at least, that’s how it sounds to me, but only the author knows for certain).

I just don’t see any attraction between them, at least not coming from Morgana’s side. That’s not to say she couldn’t develop feelings for him once he’s matured, but that doesn’t require her to have repressed feelings for him now.

5 Likes

Yup, I think we can chalk this up to reading a slightly different meaning in the same word, as it has multiple shades of meaning which vary in strength.

[quote=Ponku][quote=“P_Tigras, post:6888, topic:1996”]
It doesn’t have to be the reason why she’s rude to him, in fact I agree that it shouldn’t be the primary reason she’s rude. The primary reason should be exactly what she says it is, that she doesn’t approve of his behavior.
[/quote]

Yeah, i agree. Although i still hope that Morgana aknowledging Lance attractivenes and not acting on it have no any meaningfull effect on her rudenes to him :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Well given how long they’ve known each other, her “rudeness” has likely hardened into a habit that will be hard for her to kick even so. She may just end up being a bit more affectionate in her rudeness. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It is not sufficient in and of itself however.

I just don’t buy this because this isn’t the Morgana I’ve been reading about. She isn’t going to let Guen have another lover, even if she respects the person, just because Guen asks. Neither is she is going to bed someone herself that she respects just because Guen asks.Those are going to come across as extremely selfish requests to Morgana and she will flip out and end the relationship. Morgana has a great deal of pride that she uses like armor. I just don’t see her exposing her heart to that sort of treatment. Morgana must have a desire for the arrangement as well or she’s going to react very badly.

[quote=“OtherGrimm, post:6891, topic:1996”]
I just don’t see any attraction between them, at least not coming from Morgana’s side. [/quote]

That’s why they call it repression. The person repressing an attraction is careful not to allow their attraction to show. In fact they often go overboard to the other extreme, and that’s where rudeness and insults can at times come in. It’s a way of staying in control when you fear being vulnerable. Given that I used to behave similarly in my younger years, it’s something I can very easily recognize and identify with. I believe Morgana is mature enough at this point that she isn’t going to be rude only because of a repressed attraction, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it added to the strength of her reactions.

It’s possible that she might develop an attraction for him later, but the timing is a bit too convenient for it to be a believable starting point for her attraction. What you’re arguing against actually comes across as more believable to me. That said, if she has a pre-existing physical attraction to him, I’m certain her attraction to him would only increase as he matures and she begins to find his personality attractive as well.

Except that she will react badly if it’s brought up in Part 2. Morgana will end the relationship if Guen expresses an interest in Lance. It’s not until later that she’ll be okay with the idea, and by that point, Morgana and Guen will have been involved for years. Guen will have already pierced her armor, Morgana will already be exposed, and I think the the only reason she would even consider the arrangement is the bond she has with Guen (and even then, only because Lance isn’t the playboy he used to be).

And I get what repression is. I’ve done it a lot, too. But I think Morgana would see that kind of ‘I like you, but I don’t want to admit it’ behavior as childish. I think, if there was an attraction, she would acknowledge it while still pointing out why it wouldn’t work, rather than denying it exists in the first place. From my perspective, you’re seeing something that isn’t there.

That’s the main issue with the debate, though - perspective. Everyone will see the characters in a different way, usually colored by projecting parts of themselves. Personally, I’m rarely attracted to people, and it’s impossible for me to be attracted to someone who annoys me. I might be able to appreciate a person’s appearance, sure, but that doesn’t mean I would have any desire to be involved with them. I see Morgana as the same way.

8 Likes

I think this conversation illustrates why true poly relationships are so rare in the real world. This is more than a three some or an orgy. Poly relationships are long term commitments just like any other relationship. They require all members to have a healthy relationship with all other members or they will not last. Any relationship that makes Morgana feel manipulated is doomed from the start. In order for it to work she has to want it for herself not just for the sake of Guenevere.
So while I agree that Morgana has shown no feelings for Lancelot beyond friendly and exasperation, the scenario @P_Tigras is one of very few that makes sense.

6 Likes

That’s why normaly Morgana is going to be against any relationship with three of them. I understand starting the possibility of polyamorous relationship between them will be very hard to do, almost impossible. Given how against it Morgana is now.
So it will require huge amount of work from Guen’s side to bring those two together. Not exactly request that of them, but work toward that goal, trying to spark and amplify the feelings beetwen them, so they want it to happen themsleves.

And we don’t think that Morgana is being careful not to allow her attraction to show. She just don’t try to hide any feelings for Lance. She knows he is attractive and that’s all. The rest required for the three party relationship, must be cultivated by Guen through the years. So after her input, Morgana will develop differnt feelings than friendship towards Lance.

1 Like

Ok, I can see that our perspectives are markedly different. I’ve often been attracted to women I don’t personally like, and I always repressed those attractions. (I’ve also never been attracted to a man I respected, no matter how much I admired them.) On the other hand I knew several people who did have sex with people they disliked strongly. I once asked a female friend why she had slept with a guy she clearly despised. Her response: “Hate sex is extremely powerful. I get the best sex that way.”

If Morgana is someone who is rarely attracted to anyone as you see her, what are the odds that she would just happen to become interested to the same additional person that Guen is, a person to whom she hadn’t ever previously been attracted, with an attraction strong enough not to be overwhelmed by jealousy, and willing to share Guen with that person on a permanent basis? To me it seems like a stretch.

There must be a spark between Morgana and Lance for Guen to fan. I don’t see Morgana as the sort of person in whose head Guen can implant the idea of a romantic relationship. Cultivate, certainly, but Morgana will resist strongly if Guen tries to implant something that isn’t already there.

In my opinion, that spark can be just physical attraction in the sens o recognising he looks handsome and that he isnt bad person. On its own that friendship would never turn into anything else, but with years of Guen’s cultivation it may become romantic attraction.
And for me that is more probable how the relationship may become possible. Morgana feeling attraction toward Lancelot, but actively doing everything to convince herself there is no attraction to the point of it having influence on being rude to him, sounds for me to immature for her. I don’t think there is any “Morgana is secretly in having feelings for Lance” thing going on, but romantic feelings can grow in places they werent before.

3 Likes

Doing it this way would take a bunch of little interactions to set up or it’s going to come across as contrived. It’s always easier to start from some attraction than no attraction at all.

I’m not going to get involved any further in the discussion (I think I concluded my point with the ‘different perspectives’ remark), but I do want to request that no one try to tell @jeantown how to write her story. She knows what she’s doing, and already knows how things are going to play out.

Speculation is fine, but please don’t try to suggest ‘it has to be this certain way’.

2 Likes

Agreed.

(20 character minimum)

2 Likes

Ofcourse. We are all just only speculating based on our interpretation of characters in game. I never intended my posts in any other way than speculations or hopes.

1 Like

Please. We all know how Morgana and Guen REALLY are. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

That…is disturbing on so many levels. >.>;

@jeantown might let us get away with that in the future… :smiling_imp:

Not yet though. Bide your time, Guen. Your time will come…

Why? They are sisters-in-law after all…

'Tis but a simple innocent picture of two sisters holding hands. ahem

2 Likes

:frowning:

:sweat:

Um, but, y’know Elsa and Anna are like related related.

From my interpretation of Morgana, I don’t think that she’s the kind of person who will do such a thing. She will have sex with someone on her and only her terms, not for the sake of someone she loves. (Unless said person is dying and needs some sort of odd ritual to heal them or whatever). So whether she likes the other person or not, and I don’t think she sees Lancelot in that manner in the Guenverse, she is not going to agree by someone else’s wishes.

2 Likes

Yep. Nothing wrong with holding hands with your sister is there? :wink: (Barring Jaime Lannister or King Arthur…)

Unless this is turning into those pages on tumblr where people ignore the fact that Elsa and Anna related related. xD