Guenevere (WIP)

Morgana and Lance seem to have a rivalry going on based around Morgana’s distaste for Lance’s irresponsible ways, especially his womanizing. As long as that’s going on in the background, Morgana won’t be able to deal with a Guen she loves also being involved with Lance even emotionally, let alone physically. I wonder how much of that is due to self-repressed interest on Morgana’s part towards Lance…

6 Likes

I can just picture Morgana’s absolute fury (genuine or various levels of otherwise) at such a suggestion. Stand by for blasting.

5 Likes

Somebody has to tell her first. Are you going to be the one? :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds like a job for a Fluttery Gwen (a Ditzy Gwen?). “C’mon, you really fancy him, don’t you? I can tell with these things, you know. You don’t have to hide it from me!”

3 Likes

@jeantown Seriously? I mean, I know that people can be unreasonable, but it consistently fails me to know why someone would do it for such a petty reason. I do care about this story a hell of a lot, but me saying that was less of caring about the story and more of being a reasonable human being who can accept that if an author can write something like this, they know what they’re doing with the gender of a baby that would be an understatement to call pivotal to the story; something you wouldn’t be able to control in reality anyway.

Im sorry; I tend to rant when confronted with stuff like this and I really don’t presume to fight the battles of others, but if they threaten to leave over that then they didn’t deserve to be here in the first place. I look forward to the day that Guen can welcome her little bundle of joy into the world; whether it be masculine or feminine.

Don’t ever stop doing what you’re doing.

8 Likes

gossip-girl.

just saying.

1 Like

Yes, I do plan to make it possible for Guen to tell Morgana what happened with Lancelot, whatever it was. Morgana will probably break up with her if she did anything that could be construed as cheating. (Morgana did, after all, make Guen promise that nothing was going to happen with Lancelot.) But oh, if/when Guen tells romanced Morgana that Lance kissed her against her will… :boom:

You can! :smile: It’s just going to take a lot of time and patience.

That will be interesting! I love how open you are to letting the parameters of the story create development for your Guens! :grin:

Yep, any kind of romance or sex will count as cheating to Morgana. (Arthur, by contrast, will be much more upset by sex than by romance alone.)

I’m not going to answer that for now… don’t want to take away all the tension/suspense. :smiling_imp:

@darkwolf76 Thank you! :smile:[quote=“darkwolf76, post:6868, topic:1996”]
So Arthur seems to be a pretty chill guy. I’ve tried to get him to blow up on Gwen but he never does.
[/quote]
You’re right; he doesn’t with anything that’s happened so far, but…

Yes.

Also yes. Arthur can understand a little more if it’s Morgana, especially if Guen already told him she prefers women.

I think his reaction will probably be different. Not sure about more or less angry, just different. I’ll have to see how it plays out when I write it.

Arthur may or may not know right away. If Guen hasn’t been having sex with him, he’ll know, obviously. If she’s been having sex with both of them, she can choose whether or not to tell him. If she doesn’t tell him, he may not find out for a very long time (but he will eventually).

It’s because Morgana thinks he’s immature. I imagine he’d be open to it right now if it were proposed, but it wouldn’t occur to him as a real possibility because he knows Morgana well enough to know she wouldn’t want it.

@buggygirl11 Yes. :slight_smile:

Nail = hit on head.

Indeed. :boom:

@Sherlock221B Thanks; I very much appreciate that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@jeantown, staaaaahp.

You’re only making me want to tell Morgana Lance did all those things against Guen’s will.

And granted, I don’t so much mind the womanizing oaf because he’s in the same boat we are.

…Though, I suppose it brings up the question - What would both their reactions be if Guen legitimately DOES want to maintain a friendship with Lancelot and a romantic one with Morgana, yet still lets Morgana believe Lance didn’t exactly apologize or that Guen has already forgiven him?

And would they believe that this is a poor joke/payback on Guen’s part?

3 Likes

I actually hope that none of it. Can’t she be the only woman that does not want to go to bed with Lance? And have just purely friendship (kind of) relationship with him. It was mentioned that is one of the reason why he likes her, that she doesn’t see him as sexual target. I hope that their animosities are the results of their different personalities like you said, not any hidden sexual desire that drive it.

12 Likes

I have difficulty seeing Morgana accepting a polyamorous relationship involving Guen and Lance that doesn’t also involve her. Can you imagine her sleeping alone some nights while she knows Guen is sleeping with Lance? I can just see that turning her heart bitter and black if nothing else has by that point. Neither do I see her being interested in playing the field or in being interested in an additional lover. I don’t think she wants more partners separate from Guen. That really, really does not seem to be her thing in this story. She just wants one that she can truly count on who will make her first, and she’s hoping Guen is that person.

As a result, the only way I see polyamory happening involving both her and Lance being with Guen is if the relationship is a triad and not a vee, and that requires that she have a repressed desire for Lance (which is certainly believable given the way she’s been written), Lance matures a bit, and Guen eventually convinces her that it would be fun for the two of them to share Lance. This possibility is likely something that people will never see unless they have Guen take the initiative to make it happen.

1 Like

I don’t think “repressed” desire is required in that situation. If there is a possibility of relationship between those three I think Morgana would agree more for the sake of Guen, to wanting to be with her, even when there is also Lance. She don’t need any hidden desire to just enjoy sex with them both if that’s what her loved one wants (ofcourse if her sexuality ‘allows’ that)
She not liking him and being rude to him, because in reality she is repressing her desire for him is just too much of a cliche and not necessary here i think.

1 Like

It’s not a cliche at all unless she’s gay, but I always thought of her as bi, not gay. And what you’re arguing for doesn’t sound at all like Morgana to me. It cuts against the grain of her personality as written.

1 Like

Being mean to someone you’re attracted to is a pretty common trope. I’d certainly call it cliche, and it isn’t limited to any one sexuality.

1 Like

Morgana goes along with having sex with Lot only for the sake of feeling duty. She can have sex with Lance only for the sake of someone she loves (and it will be much easier with someone she actually likes) So i don’t think that it is that much against what we know about her.

And i must completely disagree with you about it not being a cliche. “She is rude to you only becasue she wants you” Is very much a cliche that is encountered much. Nothing in it about being gay. She may be rude to him, just becasue she dont like his actions that much.

1 Like

Common does not necessarily equal cliche. That’s like saying sex and romance are both cliches and therefore they should stop being written about.

[quote=“Ponku, post:6884, topic:1996, full:true”]
Morgana goes along with having sex with Lot only for the sake of feeling duty. She can have sex with Lance only for the sake of someone she loves (and it will be much easier with someone she actually likes) So i don’t think that it is that much against what we know about her.[/quote]

Morgana was forced into a marriage with Lot as a young girl. She had no choice in the matter. Do you really think she’s going to allow herself as an adult to be pushed by anyone into a relationship she doesn’t desire? I see her leaving Guen first.

I see it often in real life, just like romance. People repress attraction they don’t feel is wise to act upon all the time, maybe because they’re married, maybe because the person they’re attracted to is bad for them, and/or maybe for other reasons. It happens, just like romance, and it’s part of life, even if some wish it weren’t.

Ok. A sensitivity about gay characters turning straight at least is something I can understand, but since you say that isn’t your issue I will leave it alone.

That too “is encountered much” and therefore is a cliche by your definition. People are often more complicated than that. They often have multiple reasons, not just one.

1 Like

I must have confused something then. I didn’t remembered if she was forced or if she agreed out of duty (which is still kind of forced), my bad. Or maybe it was that she agreed to stay in it and not runaway, out of duty… :thinking:

Yes, i don’t deny that. People may think a person is attractive and just dont act on it. That’s perfectly normal and happens all the time. The thing here i dont agree is that because she is feeling an attraction to him, she is behaving rude to him.
I think Morgana may find him sexualy attractive, but just dont act on it because she dont want to. It doesn’t need to be that strong attraction that drives her to being the reason she is rude to him. She may be just rude to him only or the reason she don’t like his actions. Not everything needs to be about sex.
I think that having sexual attraction to someone and repressing it to the point you feel the need to be rude to someone are two very diffrent things. And i would prefer if Morgana wouldn’t be the latter.
And it’s that: every woman likes Lancelot; if some woman don’t like him, she must be repressing her desire for him apparently. Which i hope is not true. He is not some kind of sex god :stuck_out_tongue:

It would never cross my mind Jean would do such a thing.

2 Likes

I gotta agree with @Ponku on this one. I’ve never read it as Morgana having any kind of interest in Lancelot at all - I think she finds him childish and annoying, but in the same way people can find their siblings annoying. She still sees him as a friend.

That annoyance is why she would refuse a ‘triad’ relationship early on - she’s simply not interested. Once he’s matured a bit and become less annoying (likely as a result of marrying Elaine), then she’d be more tolerant of him. It still wouldn’t mean she wants him, but she could at least accept him.

I also agree about it being a tired cliche. ‘Oh, this guy is so hot, everyone wants him, and anyone who says they don’t is just denying it!’ I find it much easier to believe that Morgana just sees Lance as immature, rather than her dislike for him coming from some sort of ‘repressed desire’.

And I just want to add that Morgana’s been confirmed as bi, if I remember correctly, though she’s ‘mostly attracted to women’.

10 Likes

Yes, i don’t deny that. People may think a person is attractive and just dont act on it. That’s perfectly normal and happens all the time. The thing here i dont agree is that because she is feeling an attraction to him, she is behaving rude to him. [/quote]

Ahh, I can understand that, and I agree for the most part. I don’t think she is being rude primarily because she’s attracted to him. I think it may well have an effect on the strength of her reaction however.

[quote=Ponku]I think Morgana may find him sexualy attractive, but just dont act on it because she dont want to. It doesn’t need to be that strong attraction that drives her to being the reason she is rude to him. She may be just rude to him only or the reason she don’t like his actions. Not everything needs to be about sex.
I think that having sexual attraction to someone and repressing it to the point you feel the need to be rude to someone are two very diffrent things. And i would prefer if Morgana wouldn’t be the latter.[/quote]

I’m perfectly ok with that. The whole point of her having a repressed attraction for him is to give her a motivational reason that doesn’t require the sacrifice of her pride to get from point A to point B on Lance regarding that polyamory thing. It doesn’t have to be the reason why she’s rude to him, in fact I agree that it shouldn’t be the primary reason she’s rude. The primary reason should be exactly what she says it is, that she doesn’t approve of his behavior.

3 Likes

[quote=“OtherGrimm, post:6887, topic:1996, full:true”]
I gotta agree with @Ponku on this one. I’ve never read it as Morgana having any kind of interest in Lancelot at all - I think she finds him childish and annoying, but in the same way people can find their siblings annoying. She still sees him as a friend.

That annoyance is why she would refuse a ‘triad’ relationship early on - she’s simply not interested. Once he’s matured a bit and become less annoying (likely as a result of marrying Elaine), then she’d be more tolerant of him. It still wouldn’t mean she wants him, but she could at least accept him. [/quote]

Accepting him as a person isn’t the same as accepting him into Guen’s bed, let alone her own. Your reasoning doesn’t get us from point A to point B, not with Morgana being true to her herself.

-THAT- is a cliche. That however is not what I was talking about.

I’m certain the first is true, and the primary reason. That doesn’t mean there can’t be some element of the second in it as well. People are complicated. Let’s be real.

Yup.

Maybe it’s just me thinking “repressed” is too strong word for it and prefer “thinking he is attractive but just not acting on it”. But that’s just semantics, maybe coming from our different native languages.

Yeah, i agree. Although i still hope that Morgana aknowledging Lance attractivenes and not acting on it have no any meaningfull effect on her rudenes to him :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like