Guenevere (WIP)

I…do not know how to answer this. :neutral_face:

I’m gonna…stand…over there. Yep. Away from whatever implications may be following this trail. :sweat_smile:

Anyhow

I took the Myers-Briggs personality test today, huzzah. Very interesting.

Has anyone here ever done the test, pretending to be their Guen’s? Did/does it ever differ from your own test results?

and…@jeantown, have you ever done the test for Arthur/Lance/Morgana? If you have, what are their results? :slight_smile:

While we’re on the topic of polyamorous relationships, I think that out of Arthur, Lancelot, and Morgana, Lancelot is the one most likely to go along with it. Then Arthur, given a lot of explanations and time, and finally, Morgana for the reasons I stated above.

Lancelot has no strings attached. He’s not married, he’s not King, and he doesn’t have children (yet). He may or may not be Bi (not sure). And his one true weakness is Guenevere.

What did you get? xD MBTI is fun to play with. Also fun to stereotype and de-stereotype.

Here you go. Went back and found this for you.

3 Likes

Thanks @OtherGrimm! I feel redundant now. Thought I was being unique and special. :no_mouth:

Ahaha, anyhow.

@Personaddict07: I am an INTP, and my ‘canon’ (that is, most commonly used, not following ‘original’ arthurian storyline) Guen is also an INTP.

Lots of other people have lots of Guen’s though, while I just have my main one, so I wondered how others would react to this. :slight_smile:

Hm… I should try putting my Guen to the test. I might have subconsciously imposed my ISTP personality on her. Although she’s more of a J than my scatterbrained P. xD

@P_Tigras @Ponku @Kinruush @OtherGrimm @SeventhJackel

Thank you guys; I’ve enjoyed this Morgana-and-Lancelot conversation very much. :slight_smile: Their relationship is one of my favorite elements of the story, and I can’t wait to be able to share more about it in the prequels, which I am still working on from time to time.

I think maybe the good news for everyone is that I don’t intend to include anything that would specifically confirm or deny a repressed or latent attraction to Lancelot on Morgana’s part. (You all know how much I love ambiguity. :smile:) So Morgana is NOT going to wake up all flustered from a sex dream about Lancelot and then deny it happened even though Guen knows the truth, or anything like that. And I personally don’t think anything like that is happening, but for readers who enjoy imagining it, I’m not going to put anything in the game that definitively says it’s not.

Morgana is emotionally invested in Lancelot, for sure. Her own family was never much of a support for her growing up, and even at Avalon, many people kept their distance from her because they were intimidated by her dark magic or her personality or both. Lancelot as a child always liked her and wanted to play with her. He annoyed her a lot, but he was family because he always accepted her. (His mothers Vivien and Vathac also became mother figures for Morgana, whose relationship with her own mother was problematic.)

So at the moment Morgana thinks of Lancelot much more as a younger sibling than anything else, and she is extremely protective of that relationship for many reasons. She’s not perfect (still relatively young herself, for as mature as she seems), and she has something of the “not like all those other girls” mindset – her sibling relationship with Lancelot makes her feel special and different from all the girls who crush on him. The underlying psychology of that does suggest that she gets a lot of emotional validation from his affection for her. She’s been somewhat emotionally abusive toward him their entire lives, in a way typical of older siblings, and knowing that she can get away with it and he’ll still care about her has always made her feel powerful. She’s not a saint.

Anyway, at the moment I think that Morgana is so invested in the sibling relationship that she’s really not thinking of Lancelot in a romantic or sexual way. (But, again, I’m not going to say so explicitly in the game.) Even so, she still has a certain amount of jealousy toward anyone else he might be close to, with the exception of Arthur. And she can get a little obsessed with Lancelot’s behavior.

So the question is, what would it take to shift Morgana’s feelings toward Lancelot into something more like romantic/sexual attraction? The answer is A LOT. It won’t just happen. Guen’s influence will be a key part (which means that if you don’t want that shift to happen, it won’t), but it will also take major changes in both of their lives. Those changes are going to start at the end of part 3, and I’m very excited to write about them.

Oh, and yes, Morgana is technically bi, but she’s like 80-90% attracted to women.

Oh my, that may be more complexity than I can really work in… would be interesting, though…

Probably. Morgana and Lancelot do talk to each other about a lot of things, and Morgana would believe Lancelot if he told her he apologized. She’d still be pretty explody though.

Morgana considers herself to have been forced because she really wasn’t given any choice other than running away. The reason she didn’t run away (of which she would have been perfectly capable) is that she did believe that the marriage would contribute to greater peace in Britain.

I am saying nothing about Frozen. :no_mouth:

I did pick MBTI types (and also zodiac signs, by accident) for each of them. If you go back to to post number 5965 and scroll to the bottom, you should see them. :slight_smile: EDIT: ninja’d by Mr. Always-Right.

10 Likes

ENTJ here, although I’m pretty close to being an ENTP as I’m just barely on the J side on the J/P scale. Anybody who has debated me here probably won’t be very surprised… :smirk_cat:

A, L & M are all pretty much what I’d expect.

Oooh, I want to know their zodiac signs!

-sigh-

Fine, here you go. (Click on the quote to go the her post - it’s a link.) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: You know this thread like the back of your hand. Kudos.

You know, my mom’s a Capricorn and I’m a Leo. No wonder I like Morgana and Arthur. My mom has always had a weird bias against Geminis, though. I’ve never known why. But she likes manly guys, so I think she would like Lancelot nonetheless.

…huh. INFJ.

Interesting.

I’ve still never seen that movie, but are those two borderline lesbian or something?

Thanks, @OtherGrimm. For anyone who doesn’t feel like clicking through:

Morgana - January 18 - Capricorn
Lancelot - June 2 - Gemini
Arthur - August 9 - Leo

Please note that the birthdays are subject to change (but probably won’t). I had to figure them out for the prequels, and it honestly was an accident that the zodiac signs worked out so well.

Before anyone asks, I’m not planning to determine a birthday for Guen unless it becomes important for the plot. Like so many other things, that’s up to you to decide! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was fooling around in some apps and I had the sudden inspiration of making Guenevere aesthetics. :relaxed:

Fighter Guen!

Arthur/Guen (what’s their ship name anyways???)

Guencelot

Morguen (aka the otp)

Convivial Guen!

Arthur aesthetic

Lance aesthetic

Morgana aesthetic

17 Likes

Nope. They are sisters. Same mother, same father, living together. In all maners: sisters. There is nothing in the movie that would even suggest anything else in the slightest.

Although there is a theory that the Elsa character (the one with white hair) and her song “Let it Go” is an allegory of coming out of the closet as gay.

Arthuvere? Gueur? :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Oh. Good to know. Thanks for the info!!

How about Arthere. If you pronounce Guenevere in a french way (thus with an ‘ère’ ending), it sounds quite close to Arthur again. :smile:

3 Likes

I’m going with ‘Arguen’. Pronounced kinda like ‘our Guen’.

…It sounded good to me… >.>;

6 Likes