Grand Academy for Future Villains -- Taking over the world? Come to villain school!

Well, you can, actually but once you accepted the choice (via professor fen, Phil’s monster friend) it will be on hold (if you join shadow council or it is just on hold) until one of the professors come to offer it again (so that you get more chances at being selected by that company-damn, forgot the name).

Once it is offered, agree to it and you will be led to a room. However, it will require sacrifices which was:
academic performance
family connection
romance
position in group
(Was there another one?)

anyways, I had to sacrifice all of them to complete the transformation, but you don’t literally lose them, your stats according to those elements decreases significantly.

Yeah, like that :grinning:

I love this game, because I was always the ruthless good type of person and I fit well as the kind of villain with antiheroism because I don’t agree to killing people according to old ways of villains and I don’t agree with too much heroic goodness. I glorify the choice of words, the flow of story, the consistency of the choice paths, the characters and well, the originality.

One of my favorites now!! I loved everything! It was easy, there was no dying and I completed all the achievements in three restarts. This is the kind of book that was for me! I love it so much! Loved the romantic interests but I only loved Xi (even if I competed the—romance all—)

Urgh! I want a book two! This awesome book can’t end here! It’s too good! Does anyone know if there is a book 2???

2 Likes

Questions please:

:heart:Another book? (Hehe, I’m trying)

:heart:More Xi? (Still trying)

I played the game three times:
Very Evil character—School remained the same
Antiheroic Villain—Changed School
Hero—Destroyed the School

:heart:More descriptive summaries for the endings of each? (I know I’m asking questions that are impossible)

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to get perfect grades? Also, how do I get my leadership stat higher?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how to join the underground hero resistance? I had very generously helped the hero resistance prior to Kinistra (whom I had arranged to have enrolled at the Academy) revealing herself to be the leader of the resistance, all with no double-crossing and no strings attached, mainly because I was intrigued by the prospect of my originally straight-A villainess gradually turning into a hero. So naturally, when Kinistra revealed her secret to me during the Homecoming Ball and invited me to officially join the resistance, I immediately answered with an enthusiastic yes, but apparently they didn’t accept me because I was too evil (which I guess means that my Evil score was too high). So does that mean you have to be more of a goody-two-shoes from the start to be able to join the resistance, or just how evil can you be initially to still have a shot at joining the resistance?

I found the setting intresting. But I just wish we would be able to get to know the other characters better. When we get to the point where we have to choose what kinda relationship we want the MC to have with the other characters I still kinda feel like I hardly know them, probably thats why I tend to choose only a minion and a rival and no love interest.

1 Like

I’m sorry to say but this is the second-worst Choicescript game I’ve ever paid money for.

It’s not that it’s badly written cause it’s not, even if it loses its lustre midway through the narrative. Like the cute little plays and inside jokes on narrative and storytelling and whatnot just dried up at some point.

It’s not that it’s not occasionally fun. The tumultuous scene where Xi first appears is ridiculously hilarious to me for example.

But the whole mess is disjointed and badly structured so as to break whatever immersion I might experience. There are several instances where the game infers my character did things they didn’t do simply because a certain stat is below a certain level for example. Or so it seems. Mother complaining that I didn’t follow her instructions when I did just that for example. The School Head continuously accuses me of antiheroic tendencies even though I never consciously made any choices readily discernible as such. Or Kinistra… Well, anything to do with her plotline really.

Come to think of it this might just be railroading.

All statted NPCs feel highly unsympathetic to me. Why would I want a boss/minion/nemesis/lover who is a slacker to the point where it could count as a mental illness, an overbearing nerd who thinks he’s Darth Vader, a chick who apparently can’t decide whether she wants to be a hero or a villain or someone who’s in love with the Internet? Maybe for the Achievement but that’s about it. Even if this is occasionally played for laughs it just makes no sense. And they’re still unlikeable. And none of these choices seem to affect the rest of the story anyway.

It’s not all bad. I mean, the game offers ‘Brexit’ as a villainous last name or moniker. That’s very timely and cute (though as a EU citizen I heartily welcome the whole thing and can’t see anything villainous about it :P). The abduction scene is awesome, too. But how it’s all strung together is… not good. It constantly feels like I missed out on a scene somewhere or the game is plain broken* because it talks about things I didn’t do or treats information I didn’t get as if I had it. So either this is shoddily written or shoddily strung together or bugged. But in its entirety it is not good entertainment.

*(Asking Xi about my Grades at 80% returned something like ‘wow that’s good’ while at 84% I got ‘it’s neither good nor bad’.)

10 Likes

I’ve played through at least 5 times and I can’t figure out how to romance Aurion. Anybody willing to help?

Iirc aurion requires high evil and leadership.

1 Like

I just finished the game (for the second time) and I wanted to say that I really enjoyed playing it :smiley: The storyline and characters weren’t that spectacular but I like how the game felt and how it was a villain focused story.

However I felt like the stats were just confusing and most of the time i couldn’t get the stats that I wanted (I ended up restarting the game too many times before giving up). I also couldn’t raise my leadership to anything higher than 50 :frowning: also the later parts were really not that fleshed out. I felt like everything moved too fast. However despite these, I still think it was an enjoyable game.

Also does anyone know how to get a minion? I couldn’t figure out how to get a minion? I could get a commander but I don’t want a commander hahahaha. It wouldn’t fit my character whom I decided to make an aspiring galactic overlord who wants to own everything.

1 Like

Also any update on whether or not being able to ‘replace’ one’s commander/minion/nemesis is intentional or bug?
That is still rather irritating.

1 Like

To get a minion you need to have higher leader than follower and have a high relationship value with whoever you want your minion to be.

How to raise the leadership though? I’ve been trying to but it keeps getting stuck on 50 :frowning:

According to the author, that should be fixed in the latest patch.

Are you up to date?

Simply put: don’t do what people ask you to.
Going against what your mom wa a quick way to do it.

I should be. Maybe my memory is just being an unreliable mess again. I’ll checks asap

My favorite ending on this is easily the one where you side with the heroes just because after becoming a tentacle monster of cosmic horror, Kinistra is still completely okay with it and in love with me even though I didn’t use true love on her, she liked the head bouquet I gave her, and the heroes are all so totally okay with me being a heroic tentacle monster that want me to be a teacher in their new hero school… unlike those villain jerks, who are like okay you need to go live in the dungeon now.

Anyway, does anyone know how to get the achievement Student Support?

For the contraband achievement, Edit – I finally figured this one out, it requires the doomsday device specifically

I’ve tried asking the RA about everything, but still not getting Student Support… which makes me wonder if there’s some hidden personal issue path that I haven’t found.

2 Likes

Ok but please, I NEED TO KNOW OF YOU CAN SAVE XI IVE BEEN LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS THEYRE THE ONLY CHARACTER I WANNA ROMANCE IN THIS COG GAME HUUUUUUUUUU

5 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think there’s any way to stop Xi from merging with the DarkBoard. The only thing you can change is that you can get to talk with them one more time.

1 Like

Can anyone give a detailed or semi-detailed guide of how to switch to leader?