Goto_scene question

Within my code I am using goto_scene and then the name of the txt file. This works fine. However it links the text of the last thing you read with the first thing in the goto_scene. There isn’t a break like when you use *finish.

for example my script would look like this:-

#Go to the police.
You don’t want to do the job and no matter what your mother and father taught you, hell if they had Jo “concrete shoes” Corlionne in mind when they were teaching you the morality.

After 10 minutes of furtive pacing in your appartment you close your eyes and come to a decision. The police. It's the only way. They will protect you. Snatching your keys and some change from the shelf by the front door you don your coat and head out.
*goto_scene police

at the start of police scene lets say it says Hi. What you see is:-
You don’t want to do the job and no matter what your mother and father taught you, hell if they had Jo “concrete shoes” Corlionne in mind when they were teaching you the morality.

After 10 minutes of furtive pacing in your appartment you close your eyes and come to a decision. The police. It's the only way. They will protect you. Snatching your keys and some change from the shelf by the front door you don your coat and head out. Hi.

How can I get a separator between the two bodies of text?

Hope this question makes sense.

James

The easiest way is probably to put a *page_break on either the start of the scene you’re going to or before the *goto_scene

So your code can look like

Blah blah
*page_break
*goto_scene police

or in the beginning of police.txt:

*page_break
Blah blah
1 Like

Thank you so much. That was perfect!!! Seems so simple but I just couldn’t get it:)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.