Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

@Reymond896
Hey no worries! Been pretty caught up with school so I apologise for the laggy replies!

Hmm I totally agree with many of your points. One of my biggest gripes with the game is the character development - I felt like I could definitely have added in many more conversational elements and help the MC understand the other characters better.

And yeah the money thing probably only started becoming important in the last chapter - added it in as an experiment of sorts hahaha.

Yeah! It’s a big inspiration for sure. It’s true that it’s very difficult to escape from Roman soil - after all they would have/would be going to conquer most of the possible home nations.

What would be the driving motivation for your MC though?

@rialta

So if he sacrifices himself, it means that you would have lost that battle otherwise - you’ll need to pick the proper tactics when going against the elephant :smile: You can get hints during the training phase - when they teach you how to fight beasts!

I wish we could choose the gender of our best friend. That being said, I bought the game a few days ago and I’m having fun with it. I’m gonna have to do a few playthroughs with different factions and skills to see which one is best :grin:

2 Likes

Hahaha thank you for your support!! How’s the playthrough so far?

Hmmm that’s a good suggestion actually, given the amount of focus and interaction with the best friend. Wonder if there’s a smooth way to include that choice hahaha.

2 Likes

Could you please consider releasing this game and sequel on steam?

I loved the game, but the lack of an ability to keep an easy save to go back to or even edit discouraged me from playing it the second time. I would have loved to try out every route you have written into the game.

These days I usually skip COG without steam release but I’m glad I didn’t skip this. I just hope it could come to steam.

3 Likes

The author has no control over whether it gets released on Steam or not. That’s all on Steam. Perhaps go to Steam and request they get ot on there?

1 Like

IIRC, CoG need to pay a fee for each game to be a release on Steam so they have weigh in which HG to release on a business POV.

An alternative would be to get it on the CoG website. Google Chrome has a feature where you could download the game from there.

Edit: Here’s the thread on how to do it:

1 Like

Would I be able to edit saves or load a game this way as I can do in Steam?

1 Like

I’m not sure what do you mean by loading a save. Are you referring to the situation where you could return to a point where you stop reading? If you meant that, yes you could and read the game code but I’m not sure if you could modify the game.

1 Like

Actually, it is a decision by Choice of Games itself. They put all stories on the main label on Steam, but only some of the HG titles.

3 Likes

If the game is on steam you can back-up your save files and copy-paste them to load a game to the specific point you wanted, making multiple playthroughs much easier. Also you can edit the savefile. I was wondering if using PWA allows the same luxury.

1 Like

That I’m not sure. I haven’t poke around the downloaded file itself. I would suggest asking over the thread I linked or try it yourself by getting the receipt that you already purchased on Steam and unlocked it in the CoG website. You only need to email their support.

1 Like

Oh, that’s odd. I thought I read somewhere on here that COG submits the games to Steam, but Steam makes the call. I thought COG was limited in the amount of games, so if a game was too close with another, Steam wouldn’t release it. But if it’s COG that makes the call, that would make more sense. They could control what gets released.

Regardless, the author still has no control over it. But thanks for the info, @hustlertwo! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Checking in to report a minor bug that I haven’t seen pointed out yet; I didn’t take a screenshot, but when I checked my stats at the end of the game, my Extroversion meter was at 105% and the Introversion was -5%. I’m guessing the code isn’t quite right and the meter should be capped out at 100% for both sides rather than keep going and making either side a negative percentage? Also, great game, I had a lot of fun playing it and I’ll be looking forward to the sequel!:fire:

1 Like

Report bugs to support@choiceofgames.com.

2 Likes

@highsis Thank you for playing the game and for dropping by!!! Unfortunately, as @spunkycatninja @resuri08 @hustlertwo have all been very quick to point out, authors don’t have much control over whether the game gets released on steam. I suppose the popularity and success of a game probably makes the financial case for a steam release. Thank you so much for your support and hopefully the next game is even better!!!

@1015000 Welcome to the forums and thank you for pointing out the bug!!! That’s probably cause your extroversion is… off the charts!!! hur hur. But yes it’s probably because I add the values as absolutes instead of using fairmath, which I decided made late game decisions much more consequential as opposed to early game decisions. I’ll definitely take note of this moving forward! Thank you so much once again and for playing the game :smile: I truly appreciate it!!

3 Likes

Im at a lost with the game who are the people you can romance

1 Like

Heya! It’s a surprise haha. But generally, your best friend, and either Gisila or Taurus depending on what you do :smile: hope you liked the game!

When will get a go at those sweet Roman cuties? Both of the potential non-mine masters have very cute sons. :grin:

2 Likes

And daughters. I hope we will get to their romances in the sequel, that’s what I’m most excited for.

3 Likes

Question about Gisilia and Taurus Is there a way to save them?

1 Like