Gladiator: Road to Colosseum - Guide

Renown < 60 used to trigger that for me. Pretty sure you’re fine if you use the guide, at least it worked for me.

1 Like

I got 71 renown last night and I still got pushed and had a sword at my back by a solider.

Fuckin’ Caesar. I’m glad he got stabbed like more than 20 times.

9 Likes

I meant that 60 >= renown allows for successful sparing. You can never refuse Caesar’s ‘offer’ without dying.

1 Like

Hey! Sorry about the frustration caused by some of the insta-death choices! I know it’s really harsh, and it’s been a great lesson for me as well. The good news is, I’ve sent in a patch to HG to get a checkpoint system in place. The bad news is, I’m not too sure when it will come out (hopefully in 24-48 hours?) Thanks for your honesty, it’s great feedback for me to learn and know what to do/not to do in my sequel/next game so thank you so much for playing through and taking the time to let me know!!! :smile:

This was what I’m going for hahaha. Glad I managed to ruffle your feathers :wink:

2 Likes

Those who haven’t played the game yet, sure are lucky.

I had to die 4x before I could finish the game.

2 Likes

Apparently there was a way to end up with your best friend- does anyone know how to get it?

Is the ending of the game

just that we end up working under Caesar? I lost the final fight but was spared with >60 Rome reputation and then got a knife to my back so I accepted the offer. The game just ended there for me though without any real conclusion. Is this a bad ending or the real ending of the game?

1 Like

This is one of the endings where you survive. There is another if you escape the ludus. There might be more I can’t recall.

So there are multiple endings to the game? To escape, do you have to just search the place during the few months you have off or is there more you have to do?

1 Like

I think you need to use a lot of your time searching for an escape. Will look into the code later.

1 Like

@Bathala
Hahaha that is unfortunate but true :confused: I guess it makes victory all the more sweeter!

@Paradox @N1GHTMAR3

I’m so surprised that you guys even found the escape the ludus path. I hid it in there as kind of an easter egg almost. But yes, you’ll need to spend quite a lot of time and effort. It’s pretty complicated though

1 Like

You have no idea!

@Paradox @N1GHTMAR3
I found that path—by accident…

Well, never tried escaping - if it’s a gladiator game, I’ll stay as one or earn my freedom more ‘prestigiously’.

I could totally see this having a sequel to it in which you pick up from where you left off in pressed into servitude by Caesar as an auxiliary and eventually fight your way into freedom either along the lines as what Spartacus did or through impressing Caesar enough

Since nobody mentions anything other than the the best friend of the mc, I have to ask are there any other ro in the game? I have yet to find any.

Tarsus, a Latin male slave, and Gilsia, a Germanic female slave. But they will die no mater what

Then there are the sons and the daughters of the Roman houses (Cato and Brutus, a son and a daughter per family) but is limited to flirt so far. Maybe in a sequel there will be major passion

2 Likes

What @Rinnegato said.

Best RO is best friend anyway, at least for me.

2 Likes

Actually, they don’t have to die. Sometimes in the Colosseum if they see that you’re losing, they would sacrifice themselves so that you may live. But if not, they’ll survive the match!

1 Like

After tring over and over I did it you must excel in the beast fight, especially the elephant fight

1 Like