Ghosts R Real N Stuff (WIP)

The name, “Ghosts R Real N Stuff”, is a pending name. In “Ghosts R Real N Stuff”, you play as the ghost companion to a 14-year-old girl who can see ghosts.

Currently, I only finished the prologue and some of chapter 1. Updates will likely be unsteady, as I write as much as I can after work.

The demo is here:
https://dashingdon.com/go/13568

Please let me know about any bugs in the game if interested, thanks.

96 Likes

Aghhh… you are killing me!
(corny pun, i know.)

Dude that was a nice reminisce of beyond: two souls.
Nice pacing and layering of events!
Great work!

3 Likes

Oh cool story, to bad is too empty here

2 Likes

Thank you, I guess this topic for a story is a bit niche (lol)

4 Likes

What an interesting idea!

1 Like

Interesting story, there is another WIP here that you could read to get inspiration : Ghost Simulator. However I think switching between Ghost and the girl is not a good idea, it could make characters overlap in personality, player hard to attach to the girl if they treat her as PC. Just a thought.

9 Likes

Very interesting idea. Reminds me of Beyond 2 Souls. Though playing the ghost and Katrina felt a bit disjointed at times. I think the player should be either the ghost or Katrina. Not both. That why it doesn’t feel as though the player is speaking and responding to themselves. And the relationship between the two can feel more natural.

6 Likes

I’m already protective of her :sob:

2 Likes

The suggestions is taken. I’m not very good with doing the implimentation but hopefully I can make the writing better to adress this point (?)

Hope she will be fine in your hands :pray:

6 Likes

Oooh very interesting. This sounds very promising! Can’t wait to read more, thanks for sharing this story.

1 Like

Sounds interesting

1 Like

I think instead of us picking Katrina’s abilities and thoughts she should be a set character, with you deciding things like if shes fast, smart, or mean. Other than that the ghost concept is amazingly cute, try to focus a little more on than and it will be a really amazing story.

1 Like

Week 1 (16~22/4/2023)

Word Count:

• ~9000 words (w/o code)

Known issues:

• Gravestone scene: “Taken too soon before hers time”
  • Some of the open quotes not facing the correct direction

Addition:

• Finished Chapter 1
  • Started Chapter 2

Notes:

• Tried to add the save slots but got confused
  • Additional flavour text for Katrina to be added in Chapter 1
  • Please note the prologue and Chapter 1 are for stat-setting. Chapter 2 onwards will focus on stat-checking, where Katrina can and will die if enough are failed.
13 Likes

Week 2 (23~29/4/2023)

Word Count:

• ~13,400 words

Known Issues:

• Some player text not correctly italicised, please tell me.

Addition:

• Fixed gravestone grammar “hers”
  • Extra flavour text for Katrina in gravestone scene
  • Minor changes to Ch.1

Notes:

• Tried to add the save slots but got confused
  • Getting confused and mixing up Katrina and Petrushka’s names multiple times
  • Information gathering cannot be failed in Ch.2, but additional lore can be obtained if path is flawless.
5 Likes

Week 3 (30/4/2023~6/5/2023)

Word Count:

• ~17,700

Known Issues:

• (Please let me know)

Addition:

• Cover art (Katrina!!!)
  • Finished investigation portion of Ch2.
  • Begin adding the achievements.

Notes:

• Some of Katrina’s behaviours affected by her demeanour in Ch2 (library scene). More obvious ones will be implemented in following chapters as well.
  • Fixed issue where exorcist branch lore did not show up properly
  • Rebalanced corruption stat changes
7 Likes

Week 4 (14/5/2023~20/5/2023)

Word Count:

• ~20,000 words

Known Issues:

• Corruption choice 2 following 1st Mirova choice UNCOMPLETED YET

Addition:

• Finished additional lore items and all choices (stat+corruption) related to 1st Mirova choice

Notes:

• Previous week skipped, because I was very stressed and tired
  • Please note that you cannot get flawless if you rely on ghost abilities as there is no stat check associated with it. Sorry.
8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.