From Ashes We Rise [FAWR / WIP] Upd. 30. Oct

So that is a confirmed maybe or not then. Good to know. :neutral_face:

Now I donā€™t feel so weird with creating my own fanfiction reveal. Mine turned out to be much more violent :neutral_face:

yup, Iā€™m talking about exactly that time :grin:ā€¦but I neither said that theory wouldnā€™t be possibleā€¦or did I? :confused: I just said that we are at the point at which theories get repeated because they were only mentioned once or that long ago, in this case both. Just feels weird, thatā€™s all. :sweat_smile:

I donā€™t think thatā€™s something to feel weird about :wink: I have my own headcanon for a lot of things in the game, mostly emotional moments, cause I love exploring psychological side of things.

I was going for the MC who is somewhat mentally unstable due to all the things that happened to her, but deep down, sheā€™s just a lonely, scared kid. The Reveal scene was intended to show the first step of her fall to the dark side (she started as a decent person). I wanted her to become a Tragic Villain. Just imagine all the drama.

Btw, I like the default names for the MCā€™s new persona. Nightingale is another bird name. Shade is ā€œIā€™m just a shadow of the person I used to beā€. Void is ā€œThe person I used to be is dead, and nothing but emptiness remainsā€. Vixen is a woman scornedā€¦ well, maybe not, but it fits anyway. But thatā€™s just my interpretation.

7 Likes

This is probably my most detailed character in a WiP. Angry and destructive, Nicole Verandas was bitter when she was forgotten after her death so she became Phoenix and is destined to make people pay for that, especially Crow and Blackbird in particular. Iā€™m more going for a villain that does not want money nor power from her actions, she just wants to destroy everything. I would say sheā€™s mentally unstable as well, her parents never loved her and now she thinks that Crow abandoned her the same way they did. Sheā€™s known nothing in her life except hatred for her parents and isolation from everybody. Iā€™d say this makes her very anti social and possess a short fuse. Sheā€™s a ticking time bomb, waiting for the right moment to explode and take Kalathol with her.

I liked the names but they didnā€™t suit my style much. Fire, resurrection and a lust for destruction. Phoenix was the perfect match.

4 Likes

Waiiit a minuteā€¦ Fanfiction? What did I miss? :open_mouth:
Now I am curious Q.Q

About the Aliasā€¦ I obviously forgot to change Nicole, will do that in a minute or two :slightly_smiling:
Also, If you use the ā€˜originalā€™ firstname of your Character, then I want to make a little special. Donā€™t know when exactly I will do that, though it is planned

It is always refreshing to come back from school/from sleep and see over 15 new messages. xD

2 Likes

Well looks like you already obtained the holy grail of writing. People are already writing fanfiction for your workā€¦ or at least some drabbles.

6 Likes

I made some fanfiction of Phoenix and Vine too. I can tell you they did not, and I repeat, they totally did not kiss.

5 Likes

Yes, totally. Absolutly. Nobody would ever think that. We also wouldnā€™t expect that from you, like neverā€¦Really.

2 Likes

Yeah totally. Phoenix and Vine kissing? Like that will ever happen. The two mentally unstable, aggressive powered people have absolutely nothing in common. Really now.

3 Likes

It is easier to do this if you expect (plan? Goodness me, why would I do that? :neutral_face:) to be around Troy or you may not react when he calls you by your new name. Try it yourself at some point, ask a friend to - at a later time - call you the name you mentioned before. :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s because the story and characters are interesting, and the MC is easy to relate to (or at least to feel sorry for) :wink: this, coupled with a lot of potential for emotional/dramatic scenesā€¦

Dunno about Vineā€¦ I have Nero stuck in my head instead, even though we havenā€™t met him yet. Smth tells me that heā€™s going to be ā€˜darkā€™ to Troyā€™s (relative) ā€˜lightā€™. Even so, when I try to imagine his and MCs reunion, it comes out so sweet. Every. Single. Time. (yay for headcanons for characters you know nothing about)

7 Likes

Oh my goshā€¦ Iā€™m a bit speechless here :o
I mean, the Story is not even halfway done, and already there is fanfiction?
I need to read them once they are out X.x

Thank you everyone QvQ

4 Likes

Well I have only written a scene right before the final battle, where our identity is revealed. I can pm you it if you like?

1 Like

Sure, would love to read it :slightly_smiling:

Prepare for the most violent and angsty reveal yet.

Thatā€™s just my cup of tea :wink:

Gosh, why is it so difficult to find a great spot to add Nero in all this mess Q.Q
I actually wanted to have him inside the story already at around the time of Specter, though I dismissed the thoughtā€¦ Nero does not work well with others, and there were already so many characters in thereā€¦ mep.

3 Likes

Throw him in randomly.

Phoenix sit by her computer. Looking for her next job. Suddenly the window bursts open, a figure flies through and holds a bow, nocking an arrow for your throat. Before you can act, his eyes flick around. Realising something

Nero: Wrong Address. Dammit, Vine.

he returns the arrow to his quiver and dives through the window on the opposite side of the room.

5 Likes

Oh gosh, I just laughed at that more than I thought I would XD

Phoenix: And who the hell pays for my windows now?! It is not like insurance takes over such things! ā€¦do I even have an insuranceā€¦?

3 Likes

We have:
Troy who gets punched a lot.
Clumsy Stray.
And now Nero who has no regard for windows.

7 Likes