Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights WIP and playtest.... last update July 4th 2019

I’ll play the game through when I get home and try to find some more of these issues. I’d hate to scare more people away with awkward writing.

Name:Jayde (Redacted)
Moniker:Redacted
Sex:Male
Eyes:Red
Hair color:Black
Style:Curly
Height:6,5
Build:Thin
Orientation:Straight
Class:Energy
Power Core ability: Thermal Control
Power level: Despite having no known limit on how high he can theoretically raise or lower somethings temperature he is classed as mid level due to weakness.
Weakness:Fluctuating temperature burns calories proportional to how much it is altered due to this sending an object to reach absolute zero or ionization would kill him almost instantly this also means he can’t use his powers too much or paas ourlt from hunger and exhaustion. Fears mins control.
Quote:“I’m not good and I’m not evil I’m me”
Appearance:Somewhat scrawny, glasses,Dark brown skin, all black
Personality:Sadistic to his enemies compassionate to his friends cols to everyone else.
Freak

Childhood:[REDACTED]
Adolescence:[REDACTED]

Goals: to be happy

Doctor romance? ummm…wait isn’t she like 20 years older than the MC or something?

Does that matter once MC hits 18/19?

Name: Alexzandria “Alexi” McCormick
Moniker: what the newspapers and the world at large would refer to you as.
Sex: Female
Eyecolor: Almost luminescent gray
Hair color/style: Black just past the shoulders naturally wavy to her dismay. (She tries to wear it straight but it fights her!)
Height:5’ 4"
Build: Thin but toned; tomboyish
Orientation: Lesbian
Power Class: Energy
Power/Core ability: Dark Energy(matter)
-Flight
-The ability to obfuscate herself and others.
Power-level: Mid
Weakness: Bright light disorients/blinds her and so easy for her to get a sun-burn; it burns us!
Quote: “Being good never looked so sexy!”
Appearance: Goth/Diesel Punk attire. Her nails are naturally black in color.
Personality: Cheeky punster! Although a bit on the narcissistic side.
Freak or Swig: Freak
Occupation: University student studying journalism and sociology, and a part time job at antique book seller to help pay the bills
History or Goals: She loved being a gymnast and had the skill to try out and more than likely make the Olympic team she quietly set aside her desire to compete in any competition in fear of her being found out that she was different. So she focused that energy in the idealist approach of changing the way the world view freaks and swigs.

Her goal is to change the public opinion of freaks from the inside by being a media star in journalism where the power of a well articulated opinion can sway the minds of many.

1 Like

Did I mention that you all can modify your entries as needed as long as it’s done before the vote.

Also most Swigs are ‘sponsored’ aka in debt and working for a large company to pay off debt… unless they’ve a spare 10 million lying around.
Also the results of a inducing Darwins Syndrome and creating a Swig are unpredictable. A fun story arc I
If the changes turn out… badly.

Say a playboy/rich girl transformed into a hybrid animal Freak.

You didn’t, but if I can think of ways to make my bad girl an even sexier bad girl I will :wink:

Nothings final till the vote.

And perks of corporate support are nice super hero toys and outfits. Lotsa funding a fame. While deals are the awesome unregulated rebels.

Name: Theon Hall
Moniker: Hot-shot. (He’s not really fond of it, but he doesn’t voice any complaints.)
Sex: Male
Eye color: Yellow orange.
Hair color/style: Normally, he’s bald. When in combat, or at least using his ability, his “hair” is a flame. Color depends on how much energy he has. (Flames change color based on heat. The hottest flame is blue, I think.) Appears to be a mohawk.
Height: 6’4"
Build: Average muscular.
Orientation: Bisexual. Preference towards men.
Power Class: Body/Energy. Spontaneous Combustion.
Sub: Flight, Condensed balls of fire, “Self Destruct” (I imagine he can basically turn most of his energy outwards, resulting in an explosion. Probably rendering him unconsious or possibly dead afterwards, and reverting him back to “normal”) Durability (?) Stone skin and all.
Power-level: Low
Weakness: Uh. Wet. Anything wet.
Quote: “… You have a nice butt.”
Appearance: Black skin, appearing cracked and broken. (Kind of like Lava when it’s started drying, you can see a red glow from between the cracks. So his skin is basically lava rock.) When actively using his ability, he can either be entirely on fire or control which parts are flaming. Probably just wears jeans, combat boots and a T shirt most of the time. Not really appearance, but I imagine he smells of sulfur or smoke, and his skin might be hot to the touch.
Personality: Stoic Pervert
Freak or Swig: Swig
History or Goals: He was raised a normal kid. Grew up and followed in his Father’s footsteps to join the military, he always felt he was good at punching stuff. Spent some time rising through the ranks before an anonymous military official sponsored him. He spent some time in the military afterwards, but due to his lack of control over his ability (he exploded on the job) he was discharged. He now works as a Mercenary, trying to scrounge up any money he can find to pay off the mysterious sponsor. He’s not well off.

Right now his biggest drive is money. He just wants to pay off his debts. If you’re willing to pay him, he’s your man. For just about anything.

Boy I hope he’s not entirely unoriginal. xD

3 Likes

My favourite so far. Top two lols but we’ll see the vote.

1 Like

Thank you! There are some pretty cool entries here, though. I hope taking this on isn’t going to make writing hard on you.

1 Like

Oh I’ll make fit nicely it’s just one Chara and with the info provided it should be easy enough. Taking a Lil creative licence but leaving the core Chara.

Seems like he’d get in to a lot of heated arguments :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cool. As long as you can handle it. I think it was a great idea, to be honest. A great way to involve your fans.

1 Like

Oh ho, you’re a funny one, aren’t you?

1 Like

I’m very good at having random bad puns pop in to my head :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey @Snoe… my Cameo Chara is in debt with the research lab that made him his body now, but his brain itself is the actual effected part of his Darwin Evolution effect… so… is he a freak or a swig? maybe both?

1 Like

Sponsored Freak.
Though I’ll haft tweak the tech a Lil if that’s not a problem.

Separate note
There’s also a freak rock band. Thought some might wanna roll with them lol.

1 Like

No jokes about him being “hard as rock”? I mean, his skin is basically stone. Come on. I’m almost disappointed.

sure, no prob. this IS your story.

also the MC should probably join that band… a freak rock band…? really…? … my character can play the piano faster than Lubomyr Melnyk (fastest pianist in the world)… but I don’t think a classical piano would have a place in a rock band… he could not play anything electric like an electric guitar or a keyboard… mainly because his power-core emits high amounts of electricity that it would interfere with the sound… (he likes the old-school touches of things…)