For Peace We Die WIP

@Sammysam You’re right, the numbers don’t add up (my bad :sweat_smile:). This was an unfortunate result of a choice that didn’t make it into the update. I’ve updated the link, so, now it is possible to get 15 for speed or intelligence. (Also you’re not being rude at all!)

1 Like

Really happy to see this game back. I really enjoy the characters and their interactions with one another. I also find it amusing how they are all fussy and protective of the Mc and compete for attention. It’s adorable and even more so since the Mc doesn’t seem to quite notice. I do like how the characters have their little moments of growth and how you learn about them through something sometimes incredibly simple. And the Mc learning from them and learning to trust them is great. I’m a huge Mila fan. I think it’s cute how possessive she gets and how awkward and funny Mc and her interactions are. The carry me conversation was unexpected and pure gold. I do have a question. I followed your instructions when in the kitchen with Mila and when it gets down to kiss da gurl and let’s pretend this never happened I can’t choose to kiss her so I was wondering if my relationship with her wasn’t high enough (I was at 40 I believe) or if I was making some other mistake. Also if you’d like I could hunt down some typos if it helps at all :grin:

1 Like

@Zsero Okay, I found the issue (my variable was an = instead of >) and I’ve updated the link so you should be able to kiss her now. (Again this was a leftover from a previous draft of the choice. Oops.) Thanks for offering to be a typo hunter! Any errors you find can either be posted here or over PM (whichever you prefer) helps me out a lot.

1 Like

@Zsero Thanks for pointing that out more clearly about Mila. I simply thought it was either not written yet or I have been failing at life despite @TwoSharp telling me how to get that option.

1 Like

Sweet time to kiss da gurl :kissing_closed_eyes:
And I’ll see what I can find and if my nitpicky list gets too long I’ll pm you to not clutter the thread. :sunglasses:

Glad a fellow Mila fan can get in on her loving now :grin:

1 Like

Oh on the division path, when choosing the color of fur for the battle beast I get…

A rust red fur coat covers

I think you meant a rust red fur coat covers me.

also when viewing the stats on yaella there is duplicate text.

Yaella seems to be a shy woman, but that doesn’t get in the way of her duties. She also seems to be a nervous talker and is often dismayed when being the center of attention. Yaella seems to be a shy woman. I haven’t spent much time with her, but I’d say she appears to be rather kind and sympathetic to those who aren’t socially balanced.

and yes @Zsero you have done a great service haha.

1 Like

He," She points one of her long fingers at the offender, “can’t be trusted to work with us to achieve the same goals. We don’t know anything about him.”

He too him

If we choose to leave the Division, and join a faction (it’ll be such fun for everyone when my mage MC joins the vampires :stuck_out_tongue: ) will all our companions come along? Or at least we get the option to have them/convince them to come along?

Btw is it on purpose that Mila isn’t listed as a “party member” in her character screen, or an error? I just sat there being all “Noo Mila, you are a party member. :cry:

1 Like

Hey if we join a faction like the werewolves can we help influence change within their societal structure like maybe more equality for everyone or something as close to that.

Hi! I just wanted to drop in and say that I just tried out the demo and I love what you’re creating here! The fantasy world you’re describing is fascinating and I love how flushed out each faction and race is- it’s amazing!

Also the cheaters are fabulous! I love all of our companions and adore the stories and slow-build relationships were forming with each! They’re all well rounded and flushed out and thoroughly entertaining! (Adrian and Mila being my two favorites!)

Also just your writing style in general is amazing! The images are beautiful and it all flows elegantly which I love!

Not to mention the MC’s personality is great, I love the narration we get and each little quip always makes me laugh!

Overall, this is just a great WIP and I don’t have much to critique in it! So that’s just my two-cents and I wish you good luck and can’t wait to see how this developes!

2 Likes

I suddenly feel the need to go back to my guesses to see how much of them apply to Victoria and Megan…

• “Coming to my feet I see the werewolf finishing up the last soldier.” This sentence is lacks a space between the period of the last sentence and Coming.

• Mila returned but isn’t a party member.

After waking up.

• Connect ! Megan’s little voice.
    There’s a space between my name and the next sentence.

Vampires turn to stone… And everyone lives about three centuries… How much are these stone Vampires worth?

@TwoSharp alright, I’ll play again later then I’ll take down notes for me to send to you asap :slight_smile:

Am so glad your back, wasn’t sure what was going to happen to this WIP for a while there.
After playing it a couple time’s it’s actually better then before. A lot more sarcastic comment’s that I so dearly love. I only got two quirks, about the new version.

1. That all races but the mage’s get 3 skill’s.

2. Second we never get to talk to our personal Division trainer ( Jovan i think ) I mean i know she probbly hate’s us for the whole going through her mind thing. but still i have to laugh at how she’ll deal with my question well acting professional.

@Pagliacci Thanks for finding those! I’ll have them fixed soon.

@Terrell_Williams Hm… I don’t know about that change. Take out what she says and it would read, “Him can’t be trusted to work with us to achieve…” versus what it is now, “He can’t be trusted to worked with us…”

@Ventura Each companion will have a certain attitude regarding your selection. For example, Adrian will go with you regardless of faction, his loyalty is to you now (as he sees it), but other characters might voice their opinions more… loudly.

There are some instances where she isn’t a party member (like if you save Adrian, she leaves you), but if she’s with you it shouldn’t say that… may I ask what part of the game you were at?

@Dvalor445 You can influence and motivate change, but you’ll have to work very hard to do so in the military, politics and commerce areas.

@RenaB Thank you for checking out the demo (and for the complements :blush:)

@Dark_Stalker Thanks for spotting the errors, I’ll check them out soon. As to the Vampires being valuable, well they aren’t. Any Vampire that’s turned to stone is deceased and the magic they had is gone.

@Grey_Wizard 1) As I was expanding the history and lore of the world I realized I had to change the Mage abilities because they weren’t in line with what I was setting up. They may only get 2 abilities, but they get to choose what skills to pursue (unlike all the other races) and their secondary skills are not passive skills (like the other races). Their secondary skills can be honed and be highly dangerous (an example being Victoria).

1. Jovan isn’t an inviting person, she’s trying to get the job done with as little interaction as possible. But (if you haven’t read the entire Division side spoiler alert) you can ask her questions when you reunite with her. The Division isn’t happy she left you and they are going to retaliate.
1 Like

It was all the way at the end, when I had to choose a faction.

1. well then, that sounds amazing.

2. have you allready updated because I swear I’ve done all the division but never seen that part.

2 questions regarding age, does cybernetics and magic extend lifespan? And are you planning to add age to the relationship screens?

Human’s are mentioned to have the shortest lifespan on average but have the same death year as everyone else.

@Grey_Wizard The Jovan stuff won’t be until chapter 4

@Dark_Stalker Adding ages to the relationship screen is on my to do list. Many have tired to extend their lifespan, but all have failed…

Most humans make it to the death stage, but die very quickly after while the other races tend to live at least 10 more years. Humans have managed to increase their lifespans recently through better health management and such, but they still die sooner than the other races overall.

Better yourself and the world will follow. For…

Missing a space behind For.

Summon fiends can slaves or friends.

Missing a word here.