Fief -- a manor-mangement sim

My friend that also makes for great drama. Look at Edward II. It cost him dearly and he was king.

Yeah, but I and I assume a not insignificant number of gay people also want some fun escapism in our games and fiction and to not have to deal with the crap we already deal with in our everyday lives almost every single day. So being able to be as ā€œout and proudā€ and in your face about is as heterosexual people can be in the real world can often be a tremendously enjoyable thing.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing from the gecko both in the death rate you see mechanically in the game kids drop like flies the importance of lineage and how easily your own father dies. And your main job is to keep your manor running so you can support yourself As knight to your lord. Is there a reason practical reason the laws where homophobic during bronze aged. Warrior raiding tribe thatā€™s obsessed about lineage is going to want to keep alive cultural identity and children for the next generation. From both the narrative and the mechanics the protagonist them selves canā€™t afford to be comfortably out. @Goshman pulled it off his game because your character was powerful and not home to much and had a little brother as heir. The game does make it clear we do have siblings.

How often do you see this at all this is an awesome perspective what were the lord of the manor life look like. And the thing is the game still in a very early stage. Glad heā€™s making an effort with the research

Then again weā€™re only going on snippets of this world donā€™t know the Lore or it history.

I am trying not to come off offensive here promise you that. The idea behind this game is it interesting opportunity simulation fuse with narrative. Quite excited for that.

Used *round wherever I divided numbers.

Iā€™m trying to avoid getting pulled into new WIPs, but look forward to seeing this one when itā€™s doneā€¦

1 Like

Ok. Some calamities added.

3 Likes

Jason Iā€™m sorry for not being sorry for how excited I am about this game I just love the option choices and the promises that they could. From the knighthood Getting your father properly. This game can be incredibly intimate crusader kings! Instead of playing some Earl that has the ability to summon hundreds of knights in the sphere of power play politics. This is incredibly local an intimate youā€™re a knight of manor. Your livelihood is BALANCE by your Lord and the people and the church. But thereā€™s an intimacy the choices you give the ability of your ambitions. And Iā€™m super curious about the lore of the theology in the history as well. So what is your inspiration for the title for naming system? Gaelic Saxon or Nordic maybe if you fusion of the three,

I like these type of games occasionally. One thing that could be good is adding human conflict scenarios that need your decision as lord, and later you can find out how things turned out later in the game as a letter, with someone thanking you or blasting you.

2 Likes

Love the name the Monarch Son of Quinn. Built right into the mythology Quinn both being name of the founder the people and the kingdom. Only 500 years old which is interesting. Quinn who is son SĆ©nan. Who they donā€™t know is a full-fledged God or man that became a God. So is the SoQ both secular and religious title?

I take it Arthorne is The equivalency of real life earl/count
And Thorne would be a Baron

Thornet Is equivalency of the Lord of the Manor/land knight

The SoQ is secular. The head of the church is the Collum, named for Quinnā€™s brother, Colm.

That said, the 500 years is an good point to press on. Originally it 465 years, but about two years ago I just inserted 100 more years into the timeline. I donā€™t have a good sense as to whether or not thatā€™s enough to justify the social organization thatā€™s developed and I donā€™t know how to reckon it.

1 Like

Feudalism itself is very peculiar either itā€™s a sign of a government breaking down or itā€™s the beginning of a centralization of a Chieftain/tribal King. For example the Old Kingdom of Egypt was breaking down into feudbbalism near the end. if you want to add a thousand years at the safe that but how did they organize under Quinn. The question would be could be what kind society are evolving from I get a Mose/ Joshua vibe from him leader to the people/lawgiver figure. The thing is to they were of a slave Society before their freedom and exodus. Depending on their role in society could have borrowed some governmental characteristics minimally titles from thier former master.

New draft posted.

Need ideas for banners.

1 Like

FYI I do enjoy the fact that you have warrior women in this game.

And what happens if you refresh?

Gives me the same error it will freeze every time I click on the stats.

:frowning:

Dashingdon must not be updating again.

Iā€™ll upload some new files and hopefully that will fix it.

EDIT: nope, totally my fault. Fixed now.

I take it inflation shouldnā€™t be that huge

Everyone trying to load the new version, open it in an Incognito or Private browser window.

3 Likes

Still getting these really high bush counts interestingly it does not translate into my actual capital.

Two things.

First thing: hay and wheat are two different things. Hay is what you need to keep livestock through the winter. Hay grows on the meadow. Meadow canā€™t be planted; it has to be flooded or irrigated. However, hay is almost worthless on the market; everyone needs it, yes, but it grows for free, and itā€™s expensive to transport.

Second thing: I took away a bunch of dairy cows in this versionā€”all the villeinsā€™ and half of yoursā€”in order to give the PC more room for sheep. Cheese is a luxury; wool is a staple.

In doing so, I did not adjust down the amount of meadow, which is why youā€™re ending up with so much hay.

Dairy cows consume an outsize portion of hay. Theyā€™re busy being milked, so they canā€™t wander out on the pasture and feed themselves. You have to have hay for them year-round, as opposed to just during the winter for the rest of the livestock. The 25 cows of difference (20 for the villeins and five for the PC) makes a huge difference. Maybe Iā€™ll put the PC back up to 10?

3 Likes