Favourite Male ROs

This is the only information I’ve seen about it and as far as I know, she hasn’t said anything further. But a paranormal romance set in 1990s NYC sounds pretty awesome.

1 Like

Ohh, thank you! Though I love a historical setting, this could probably be great too! I really like how she writes and how she wrote her characters, so I’m sure I’ll love this too :blush:

For me the best male ro is Lamuel from evertree inn. His insecurities, fears and his beliefs are so damn real. The other male ro are
Delacroix and Karson from creme de la creme
Fitzie from jolly good
Haze from tally ho
Yiska from tin star
Zhu from relics

3 Likes

Haze from Tally Ho and Yiska from Tin Star.

1 Like

I absolutely love this game play it a few times each day. Had to create account just to say.

In no particular order, including gender swappable ROs:

11 Likes

Forever sad Blade is a female-only RO :sob:

11 Likes

I’m not into romance routes usually but…

Ortega from Fallen Hero - Not strictly a male RO but that’s what I’m used to in my playthroughs. Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but I love playing as a broken and bitter MC who just can’t open up to him and feels jealous of the Puppet and how it’s able to so easily win his affection. Bonus points for having the Puppet flirt with and manipulate him while the MC knows it’s wrong but only feels safe to connect with Ortega through the Puppet as a buffer.

For VNs, Trash from Aloners stands out to me.
The creator did a great job with building up his character as a loner and survivor who was still very upbeat and likeable and didn’t fit into that trope of someone who turns jaded from living through hard times.

8 Likes

Me @ Riel. I made a male character to play his route exclusively.

3 Likes

Hey…

Just wanna clarify, the paid version is unfinished right? As in some chapters are incomplete?
Also, the paid version is can only available via Patreon and is only for Windows and not Mac? (I don’t have a Windows PC.)

Wanted to buy the paid version, but it doesn’t seem possible at this stage…

Oh, and thanks again for recommendations…I’m trying them now.

2 Likes

The newest paths in the paid version are unfinished. James, Caine, Neil, and Dimitri’s routes are complete. I loved all but Dimitri (he’s not my cup of tea).

Right now, Celiana is jointly working on Gray and Aiden’s routes. From what I’ve gathered, she’s doing them both at the same time mostly because they are opposites of each other, with Aiden being extremely sub and Gray being more of a dom; though Gray’s preferences don’t really come into play and aren’t going to be obvious, Aiden’s is totally wrapped into the storyline and the MC will be seriously dominant with him.

I think to play the R-rated version of this game, you do need to be subscribed to her Patreon. Plus, I don’t think she has put all of the completed paths out yet. You can play on a MAC if you follow the instructions provided on itch.io for it (under her game). I am pretty sure you just have to give the game permissions to certain files/folders for it to work.

I definitely recommend it, and it’s actually worth paying for on Patreon. If you prefer to wait, she is in the process of coding it for Steam. When it will be available, I don’t know, but it will probably be a while.

2 Likes

I’m very VERY surprised no one has mentioned Breden from choice of Rebels yet. He’s definitely one of my favourites, if not my #1. Absolutely loved his mystery and charisma, and just how well developed he was. I might also have a thing for sweet talking blondes (looking at you Chat Noir :eyes:). In an already amazing game, he was definitely one of the highlights.

Other ROs I love include:

• Felix, Mason, Adam from Wayhaven Chronicles (sorry Nate xD)
  • Dandy from Evertree Inn
  • Semryu from Way Walkers
  • Black Magic from Heroes Rise (this boi is my guilty pleasure)
  • The male ROs from Shepherds of Haven (It’s been a while since I played this but I remember liking most of them, especially Blade)
  • Lancelot and Arthur from Guinevere

These are all the ones I can remember atm but I’m sure I’m forgetting some xD

13 Likes

My top 3 in no particular order and not separated by gender-flippableness:

• Herald (Fallen Hero): He broke my MC and ruined everything with his stupid smile and baroldness. He also makes me want to listen to “Black Celebration” and “Never let me down again” by Depeche Mode on repeat.
  • Azuridian (The Shadow Society): He’s the best embodiment of the “cold / arrogant / golden boy” character trope I’ve come across in a CoG/HG so far, and holy shit do I love this trope. He’s so ridiculously hot, it’s not even funny.
  • Finch (A study in steampunk): I’d have to revisit the story, but I remember him being an exceptionally well-written character. I won’t ever forgive him, though.

Honorable mentions: Roach (The Passenger) and Fitzie (Jolly Good)

12 Likes

I haven’t played through the full game, but I somehow never realized Mind Blind had more than one RO; I thought it was either Grayson or no one. Didn’t think to check the RO list in the thread. Decided I have a crush on Grayson at the first opportunity (which is way before you meet some of the other characters) and just stuck with it I guess? But I’d pick him regardless even knowing all of the ROs.

Zombie exodus safe haven: Lopez

Out for blood: Marcus

Breach the archangel job: Gabriel and soon Michael lol

Keeper trilogy: Cyrus

Wayhaven: Adam

The golden: Kaidan

Jazz age: John curtis

The wrestling one from hearts choice forgot the name my bad: bravon

5 Likes

This thread made me buy A Study in Steampunk and play through it immediately and I cannot stop thinking about Finch!!!

7 Likes
  • Zhu from Relics. I like the whole cold madman murdery vibe in the first game, I just love those types of characters and I usually romance them in games. In fiction, I just find them so darn interesting. And while there was more on Zhu in the first game as a character and I emphasised with him a lot- it was actually the second Relics game that cemented him as a favourite for me. He just went from this cold character you thought was really cool to an amazing example of character development. How he wore terrible colourful clothes, that before had been so out of character for him, to find out that he was trying his best to be different because he didn’t want to be a cold murdery madman. In both games, it took me for a rollercoaster trying to figure out his actions. When he’s actually someone I relate to a lot in trying to be different.

• Blade from Shepherds of Haven. Because I like the cool, mysterious commander of the shepherds. As I said- I’m a moth to a flame for such stoic, troubled characters. Plus I’m very intrigued about his background after the last update. I just can’t wait to find out more.

• Jun from Samurai of Hyuga. I know he’s gender-flippable but I played with him as a guy. He is a very disturbed and angsty character but I just really love him from a fictional pov. If he was real, I would run the other way.

8 Likes

Oooh, i got a couple faves

• Ioco from Mask of the Plague Doctor
  • Gunther from the Evertree Saga
  • Dan Schmidt from Tin Star
  • Ajax from An Odyssey: Echoes of War

Guess i have a type and that type is “Seemingly gruff and or large man who has a heart of gold and possibly some angst”

1 Like
  • Herald, Fallen Hero
    I really like his romance the most. It’s so pure and healing. I do like Ortega as a character, but less as a romance option. It feels… suffocating. But it’s another story with the shark lady in the mix :face_with_hand_over_mouth: more fun and kisses, less baggage and guilt tripping.

• Mason, Wayhaven Chronicles
    From the least favourite to the number one spot among the 4 ROs. But actually it’s Falk that I want–

• Gabriel, Breach
    So far it’s the one I like. Mysterious with a bit of angst. Might change when Micheal finally becomes available though. However, if we’re talking about RO as a character then Rook is definitely the best. Especially with the Rook-Bishop Duo. The world can burn and the gangs can massacre each other all they want, as long as I have them, I’m happy lol. The book would be only half as fun without them.

• Quaiel / Gwyndal, The Shadow Society
    I like both. Both is good.

• Raven, Triaina: Academy (WIP)
    Can’t say no to yandere.

Yep, I felt it as well. That was one of the most memorable lines EVER.

Also it seems nobody has mentioned Luis de Vega, yet? I liked him the most in Affairs of the Court. And the ending when MC later rose in power to a position of regent, and he said something like “We will hold the country together, and you will hold my heart”. That was nice. My MC was also the cunning/scheming type so they were very compatible.

Umm. Same. :speak_no_evil:

Also, this probably says a lot about me but… I wish the talking sword in Sword of the Slayer were an RO. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Herald or M. Ortega of Fallen Hero: Herald is such an adorable, healthy guy and despite the twisted dynamic of the relationship (him dating a villain he’s afraid of), the romance is really good. I also adore Ortega’s rugged thoughtfulness and charm. I can never NOT have him as an old flame.

Jun of Samurai Hyuga: I totally understand people not liking Jun but I found he worked well with my MC since she’s equally perverted and brutal in personality traits. He gets more interesting throughout Book 4. For the record, I was not even swooning for him at first. He just grew on me. I like how he shows constant physical interest in my ronin, like pulling her close to him in public places. Toshio is also a fine RO. He’s the opposite of Jun and a charming second love for MC to pursue, bringing out the best in her.

Mason in Wayhaven is fun. It probably helps he focuses his shameless flirtations on MC.

Gabriel from Breach: For such a cool, mysterious man, Gabriel is ridiculously charming, lovable, and polite. My MC was ride or die with him by the end of the game and I just like how he REALLY liked my MC.

9 Likes