I know the question of favourite ROs has been bandied around a lot, but I would like to specifically ask about the best males ROs.
I noticed – correct me if I’m wrong – that there’s a greater list of female ROs than male, thus I’m posing this question.
I also generally found that the romances are better in longer books (like trilogies or longer). But that’s probably because there’s more room for character development.
The best male romances I have experienced are (in no particular order) –
- Wayhaven Chronicles: ALL the ROs are good really, but I personally like Nate and Adam (and of course, the love triangle)
- Fallen Hero: Herald and Ortega
- Evertree Saga: Dandy and Orion (btw, the broody Orion is sooo similar to Adam from WC. They even have the same emerald eyes and short shaved blond hair)
- Jolly Good: Fritzie and Vyv
- Tally Ho: Haze (I remember the romance being somewhat good, although I don’t recall much of it now…will update after replay)
- Heroes Rise: Black Magic
- Creme de la Creme: Hartmann (and maybe, perhaps, Rosario?)
- Way Walker University: Semryu
- Choice of Vampire: Jesse (ok, honestly, I have no idea if he’s really a romanceable character or not…but there was a chance to have a date with him, so maybe he can be romanced in future books…hopefully?!)
- Belle-de-Nuit: Sebastian
NEWLY ADDED (I’ll add more as I go along):
- Keeper Trilogy: Leon, Altair and Cyrus
- Heart of the House: Bastian
- Choice of the Deathless: Vega (and Wakefield, although I prefer the more impassioned and intense romance with Vega - especially when he says “Then don’t you dare die on me. Or I will break the world to get you back.”)
- Jazz Age: John Curtis (tbh, he’s the only male RO…but the sex scene is saucy.)
- Cannonfire Concerto: Count Zerov (not much romance scenes though, and he dies in the end…but he’s so charming)
On a sidenote, I read Samurai of Hyuga and actually somewhat liked Toshio but the book was too sick for me to continue after reading part of Book 4.
Oh, and if we’re adding WIP, then I’ll mention Guenevere: Lancelot (although Arthur is really sweet too, and he’s trying his best to be a good lover)
Any suggestions on books that I should read? I’m craving for more romance.