Favourite Female RO's

I think… being carefree (not caring for the world) and so passionate (ready to do anything for someone special) at the same time.

I hope I am able to express myself ratherthan just sounding silly.

3 Likes

Here’s my top 10 as of now(not including WIPs)

1. Mabellin from Wizard’s Burden
    2.Tal from Choice of Magics
    3.Lady Catherine(the knight) from A Squire’s Tale
    4.Gwendolyn and Azuridia from The Shadow Society
    5.Thea and Brinn from The Lost Heir trilogy
    6 Myrine from Temple of Endless Night
    7.Leah from the Evertree Saga(although I think all the female ROs of that series are good)
    8.Gertie and Ada from The Last Wizard
    9.Aubrey from Fool
    10.Max from Creme de la Crème

A common thread with most of my favorite ROs is that they’re strong and/or (at least compared to my MC) sexually and/or romantically aggressive. Warrior women and amazons is an old fantasy of mine and I like relationships that includes some kind of gender role reversal, that is breaks with traditional gender roles. If the COG/HG includes a female RO like that, allows me to explore that aforementioned dynamic and the romance both avoids treating the romance as a kind of afterthought or the “just talking and meaningful glances” that you find in Wayhaven book one, for instance I’m quite happy.

The one who, I guess, seem most different from the others here is Leah. But I do appreciate how I can romance her with a brownie(or halfling or dwarf) and get a shorter guy/taller girl romance which is something I also enjoy. And there is something about her seeming to fall in love with someone because of their soul more than because they look in a certain way that really appeals to me and I also appreciate her kindness and ability to push past her own limitations and fear when there is something she needs to do that is really important to her.

Anyway, since I do enjoy exploring a certain kind of dynamic with my MC and an RO, I’d say it’s just as important that I have enough customisability to make an MC that allows me to explore that particular dynamic. So not being forced to make a stereotypical “big, strong hero” kind of MC, but being allowed to make a MC that focuses more on smarts, charm, magic or other non-combat/melee/strength kind of skills and abilities is also important to me, in the same way that allowing an MC that is shy, insecure and or/catious or have other personalitytraits that are different from the stereotypical hero personality traits is also something that is important to me.

11 Likes

You explained pretty much the exact type of female RO I tend to go with. I might just have to check out some of the ones you listed. If I could be so shameless as to throw my hat into your ring of strong, forward RO’s, you might be a fan of Harper in my own WiP as well. I don’t usually plug my own stuff, but hopefully it gives you another romance you enjoy!

5 Likes

@natwa If @ViIsBae isn’t going to throw her hat in the ring, I’m going to take it off her head and throw it in for her. Even though I think I’m gonna go for literally super-hot Sarah in my first playthrough, Harper flirting is great. The “approach to the Bullet” scene is hilarious.

Also, it’s only chapter 1 and change for now, but I already have so. many. pamphlets!

5 Likes

The Soul Stone War Book 2 has just solidified Daelynn as my favorite female RO. HEAVY SPOILERS below because I’ve been dying to talk about it.

If you romance her, it’s revealed near the end of Book 1 that she’s literally your soulmate. But what I love about the series is that it makes it abundantly clear that just because you’re soulmates with someone doesn’t mean you automatically get a Happily Ever After (to be expected considering you can romance the main antagonist). Relationships take work, soulmate or not.

The thing about Daelynn is that she’s a romantic. Her greatest wish is to experience the love that the bards always sang about because she’s terribly afraid of being alone. Book 1 hinted that Daelynn was hiding something huge and that secret can come out in Book 2. Let’s just say that she broke your trust, which can destroy a relationship even in normal circumstances.

But these aren’t normal circumstances. Daelynn is your soulmate and that is an iron-clad fact. So how do you salvage a relationship when the person you’re literally meant to be with forever broke your trust? I love how this series actually explores that.

This being a CoG/HG story, you can forgive her. But if you don’t, you’re treated to some pretty heart-breaking scenes where she thinks she messed up so badly that even her own soulmate doesn’t want anything to do with her anymore.

If that subroute is taken, the game makes it clear that the relationship isn’t over; it just has a VERY long way to go before things are ok again.

Others, in no particular order, are:

• Lady Argent from Fallen Hero
  • Nat from Wayhaven Chronicles
  • Morgan from Wayhaven Chronicles
  • Toshie from Samurai of Hyuga
  • Junko from Samurai of Hyuga
  • Astrid from the Keeper series
  • Bly from Werewolves
  • Tiva from Werewolves
  • Daisy Thorne from the Sordwin series
  • Shawnie from Blood Moon
  • Eli from A Mage Reborn

I’ll copy/paste my reasoning from an old thread.

Fallen Hero - Lady Argent

• I LOVE how your relationship with Lady Argent continuously evolves throughout the story. She’s one of the strongest and most dangerous superheroes in the story and, over the course of the first game and the WIP for the second, you go from not even worth her time, to her rival/worthy opponent, to Batman/Catwoman.

The Wayhaven Chronicles - Nat, Morgan

• I’m glad the love triangle route doesn’t involve these two because I don’t think I could possible choose between them. The Wayhaven romances each represent a different type of romantic relationship and Nat and Morgan’s are the ones that appeal to me the most.

• Nat’s route represents the more traditional romance story where two people meet by chance, click with each other, and start falling in love. What can I say? I’m a sucker for a feel-good romance. Plus, Nat is the one who pursues you, and I’ve always preferred ROs who do that.

• Morgan’s route is the raw, animal magnetism romance where there’s no strings attached until feelings inevitably get involved. She is thirsty af for the Detective and isn’t afraid to make her intentions known. But then she starts realizing that she actually cares this time and panics because she doesn’t know how to handle it which leads to D R A M A.

Samurai of Hyuga - Toshie, Junko

• Toshie is awesome despite her consistent emotional unavailability. It’s really nice to see how her relationship with the Ronin evolves over the span of 4 (currently) books since each installment reveals a new layer to her. She’s a hard character to get a bead on, so the scene that reveals her true feelings and how she fell in love with the Ronin at first sight in Book 3 caught me off guard. And that scene in Book 4 where she’s so emotionally compromised that she fails to see what’s actually going on between the Ronin and Junko? Utterly heartbreaking. Ultimately, she’s a person caught between her desires and her duty.

• Junko spent the first 3 books as an insane, murderous stalker, so I still don’t quite understand how Book 4 managed to turn her into a sympathetic character worthy of redemption and love in a way that not only made sense, but didn’t break the story. Junko is now one of my favorite characters and I’m seriously impressed at how the author pulled that off.

Keeper of the Sun and Moon/Day and Night/Life and Death - Astrid

• Astrid is the reason why you had to say goodbye to your normal life, and the player can forgive her or reject her initial attempts at friendship. And since the romances in this game are pretty fleshed out, choosing the latter won’t automatically lock you out of her route. Astrid is a bubbly and loyal person, but she’s also struggling with insecurities due to being manipulated and betrayed by people she thought were her friends. If romanced, there’s an incredibly sweet scene in Book 2 where she confesses that she’s always hated herself for taking the MC away from their old life, and the MC will respond that everything was worth it if it meant spending a single day with her.

Werewolves 1 & 2 - Bly, Tiva

• Bly is the cool, mysterious loner type that people always warn you to stay away from 'cause no good will ever come from it. But Bly isn’t bad, she’s just… prickly and hard to get close to. Once you do, however, you couldn’t ask for a more stalwart and caring companion. Bly gets a bunch of screen time in the sequel to the point she’s one of the most important characters in the story. As consequence, she’s also the RO that gets the most scenes.

• The sequel adds Tiva as an RO, which not only means that the two of you have an established relationship, but her route can automatically be classified as “Friends to Lovers.” Her experiences from the first book have hardened her and she’s not longer the person she once was. She and the MC bond over shared experiences, and end up finding something more in each other. She vows to move on with her life which works right up until the ending reveal, which threatens to throw a serious wrench into your new relationship.

Evertree Inn & Sordwin - Daisy Thorne

• Daisy is the type of person who can best be described as “Chaotic Neutral” with a splash of “Chaotic Good.” She is a very fun and enjoyable character who is absolutely brimming with confidence. She’s attractive, knows she’s attractive, and knows that you know she’s attractive. As the series goes on, the story hints that she’s fallen hard for the MC but has yet to realize it.

Here are a few new ones for good measure:

Blood Moon - Shawnie

• Shawnie is a confident, free-spirited werewolf who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid of shooting her shot. She’s a member of a neighboring pack and you first meet her after she unwittingly trespasses on your pack’s territory (to be fair werewolves marking a human city as their territory is practically unheard of). Werewolves are highly territorial, so this can be an extremely deadly situation as an earlier encounter in the story can prove. Shawnie, however? Despite the danger she’s in, she immediately defuses the tension with her bright personality and opens up diplomatic relations with her pack. All while flirting with the MC.

A Mage Reborn - Eli

• I cannot talk about this RO without spoilers because, functionally, the A Mage Reborn WIP is all of Book 1 with parts of Book 2. The MC had a childhood friend called Eli, who sacrificed her life so that you could escape. This event has haunted the MC for years but, surprise surprise, Eli shows up alive in part 2 of the story. This isn’t a case where she secretly survived somehow; Eli was actually dead but she was later resurrected by a rare and powerful magic. She’s a very loyal and caring friend and the reunion scene was just chef’s kiss. She has her companion back and, this time, she’ll stay by your side no matter what life throws at the two of you.
24 Likes

I’ve tried your WIP and you’re right that Harper is my kind of female RO. I think the other ROs, except Sarah(sorry JBento) also seem interesting and looking forward to how you will develop the WIP and characters and hopefully, eventully have a completed game ready.

There are many interesting female ROs in the WIPs, but I still consider Cyril to be my favorite WIP female RO . I really enjoy how she(the female version) combines being a warrior woman who is not afraid of being upfront about her interest in your character and taking the initiative in the romance with being, shall we say, gentlewomanly.

3 Likes

You are a monster, and shall burn in hell.

I love Cyril. Finally, an RO that no hoops need to be jumped through.

2 Likes

Wayhaven Chronicles Ava all the way.

3 Likes

Nat from The Wayhaven Chronicles
Kate from Magium
Ortega and Lady Argent from Fallen Hero
Lea from Northern Passage (WIP)
Raquel from Breach the Archangel Job
Sally from Mind Blind (WIP)
Astrid from Keeper series
Daelynn from Soul Stone series
Meredith from Heroes of Myth

I could go on but these are the first few who come to mind.

6 Likes

Okay most of all ro i love are already mentioned by… Well most of you but i would add
Lady katarina cazarosta from infinity series
Ava from wayhaven (i love nat as well but se has already been mentioned)
I forgot her name she was in creme de la creme from the other school she was noble of some kind.

I believe you are referring to Princess Rosario.

2 Likes

Yup ,you are right

Ortega from Fallen Hero (because it’s ortega)

All the female Ro’s from The Exile (other than Freedom) are pretty interesting

Also Kenna from Mind Blind, but I’d have to wait for the release to be sure

3 Likes

My current pick (from the information gathered from the demo) for Mind Blind is Ambrosia, but I’m not sure how much of that is because flirting with her results in hilarious responses from Nick.

I think there’s a bigger issue in that she’s the MC’s instructor. Of course, the MC’s family is basically running the place, so if there IS a power imbalance, it’s hard to say who’s the favoured side. And this is further compounded by the fact that while Nick is basically the top brass, Rosie’s actually his handler.

Does anyone have ascendancy? Let’s see what our top expert has to say:

On the one hand, the 10 year age difference between Rosie and MC is definitely not my thing, on the other hand, nick’s reactions are flat out hilarious

1 Like

if everyone is an adult then it’s not really a big deal

4 Likes

I’m not a big fan either, but I wasn’t that bothered while reading this one. maybe because the whole flirting thing just happened in the MC’s head and it’s one-sided (?) for now.

And Nick’s reaction is priceless

6 Likes

Nick is the only reason I’m even interested in that route at all; it’s just so funny

4 Likes

Wait what route?

Ngl

Most of the werewolf ladies in Wayhaven. Especially the leader, Ava.

I like strong ladies.

I mean don’t get me wrong I’m not submissive by any means but a big strong lady pinning me down has a certain appeal.

2 Likes