Fatehaven

People mention that it takes more effort to put alternative endings, different paths. Stories. That may be one reason why some people don’t do it. The highest price item I saw was 5 dollars. I’d pay up to 9 dollars. If that’s what it took for a story around the length size of Fate Haven, with the same quality of choices as Mobster, Fate Haven.

We’re pretty much paying 3-5 dollars for normal sized story. For the extra effort requires more options. These options actually make a difference. I’d be happy to pay up to nine dollars. That should ease the burden of the writer knowing they will get paid more for in depth choices. The person buying it is happy.

Just an idea. As I mentioned I bought almost every story. Just to experience what they were like. Tin Star just didn’t strike my fancy. I’m more of a medieval theme. Kinda person. Not that Tin Star, wasn’t good. It just wasn’t that interesting. We all are into different things.

I like more medieval theme style, with people carrying swords. Where magic still exists. Etc. I do make some exceptions like for the game Mobster.

I guess it’s possible you’re somehow getting a different scene than I am, but every time I’ve played, the person who teaches you magic IS the person you go to the tower to rescue (Turns out it’s not that simple, though)…

Have to say, the ending was kinda a letdown. Spoilers (duh)
I could get past the railroading cause it was hidden well enough. And the story really drew me in. I played as a girl who wanted to learn as much about her powers as possible before her forest village was burned down, then revenge became all she wanted out of life and was willing to do anything to get it, leading her in a downward spiral to corruption.
Then what happens? It was all a simulation…wut? I was really getting into my self-destructive quest for revenge, and you throw that card? It’s almost as bad as “it was all a dream”
It was actually a pretty good story, but the ending really soured it for me.

3 Likes

I’ll probably replay this game after seeing this thread but Bregan was my favorite romance! I really thought I’d just dismiss him and go for Patches but then he reappeared and was all knight in shining armor. I was really surprised when during my second playthrough, I wanted to stick with him. You made me like a character that I usually could care less about. x)

Plus that ending! You wrote a great story. I’m glad I purchased this.

Hello, excuse me but I need some help.
I’ve been playing this game for a couple of days - I’ve replayed it multiple times and enjoyed it thoroughly (Patch is definitely my favourite! He’s just so cute.) but I find myself stuck.
It says there are six possible endings, but I found myself with just four - Punishment, Two Mages in Time, Down the Wedding Aisle and Gone Fishing. I can’t seem to find any other possibilities, no matter what I do.
Could someone help me and nudge me in the right direction? I’ve tried all I could think of, and explored about as many options as I think I can. I’m really at a loss of ideas here.

1 Like

@FunghettAyu
Glad you enjoyed Fatehaven so much, and welcome to the forums! The other two endings are actually bad ones. Our intrepid hero can meet their end if you choose to choke out Brigid/Bregan, and again by getting your spirit leeched from the succubus/incubus.

Oh, so each one of those are considered their own ending? I got both of them while exploring all choices but didn’t think they were part of the six endings listed. Now I feel silly, haha.
Thank you very much!

Wait, is this the ending when the MC doesn’t have a romantic interest?

Sorry for being slow. How do I get this to happen?

@Owlet yeah, if you don’t have a romantic interest you get Gone Fishing.
Also, you get the choice to choke Bregan/Brigid if you have Emotional over Logical!

@MultipleChoice I know this game released a while ago, but I’ve just finished playing it for the first time and I must say that I LOVE this game! It’s probably one of my most favorite interactive novel ever. I love the story and the characters are awesome especially Brigid and Lillian(Patch). I almost cried when I saw that my love interest died, but the ending brought her back to life in the end. It just shows how invested I am in this game and I can’t wait to play another one of your games! :smile:

1 Like

Pretty good I give it 4/5

Ok, after reading a few of the posts, ive notice a few things.
First of all, i didnt understand the ending. and second, what is all this about the “new” patch?

I loved the game and rated it 5 stars. I hope you make longer ones i like the way u write (^^)

Too bad i can’t kill Silvana at the end. :innocent:

Why did you want to kill her?

Having bought this game last week and now having played it twice fo far, I thought I should voice my opinions on it :smile: . It’s an excellently written game with a story that really draws you in and characters that are are well-done and likeable - no complaints there from me :smile: .

I do have two complaints though:
First, the… Twist near the end. It comes out of the blue with no prior hinting or foreshadowing at, which isn’t good. A bit… Immersion breaking, is perhaps how I’d describe it? Either way, I’d suggest that you either don’t try to pull off a similiar thing again, or that next time you do it, you do it with more hinting/foreshadowing…

Secondly, while this is a relatively minor complaint in comparison to the first one… About the elemental power we get, I think it’s really cool that what elemental power we get depends on the PC/Main character’s character at that specific point in the story, but it’s a bit of a letdown to find out that in the end, which element you get doesn’t really amount to much; there SHOULD have been unique situations you could end up in and unique solutions you could get in certain situations depending on what your elemental power was, but alas, this wasn’t the case. Next time you make the matter of what power the PC/main character gets a bit fluid like this, you should make some effort to make this have a more noticeable impact on how the story plays out thereafter - or so would be my advice at least. Otherwise, you might as well just settle for making it set in stone what power the PC/Main character gets instead of making the matter fluid like this…

Either way, thanks for creating this enjoyable game :smile:

1 Like

Just played through Fatehaven for the first time… Created an account here just to say that so far, it’s the game that made the deepest impression on me from among the games on this site I’ve tried. The story is very interesting, and the writing is top notch. It’s funny, it draws you in immediately, and at least I found it easy to slip in character with the hero, thanks to the excellent descriptive writing. It has its weaknesses… for example the ending could have used some foreshadowing, and having chosen Silvana as my love interest, I would have appreciated a little more content on the time she taught the MC magic… but at least from one playthrough, I have no major complaints. It was very enjoyable, and I just wanted to thank you for writing such a good story.

This game is good that’s a fact, but finishing the game left me with many questions, specially that DRAGON what happened to the dragon?
the handling of picking the gender can really turn off some people specially women. (If you choose to be a woman and like men when you rescue Maeben and he forces himself upon you kinda feels like Attempted rape and might I add you have elemental powes so why cant there be an option to defend yourself?)
I really thought the game was gonna be about mastering the 4 elements like Avatar but you can only pick one element in the play-through and that element didn’t hold much use or importance, the replayability is a little bit non existent it’s a hassle to get the endings.

the best part of this game however was that twist, although sudden and could have been handled more subtle. it gave you that shock factor like “OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED” and also at first I thought it was a bug that forced you to return from the start lol I almost fell for it.
and the RO was top notch specially Braegan and I’ve heard great things about Patch so ill try romancing him next.
over all its a 3.7 for me it has great potential to become one of my favorites but alas some things prevented me to.
And again WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DRAGON.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the dragon was just their to add to action to the opening create your character part, and was a dream or not related to the game.
And Maeben in either gender always forces themselves on you, irrelevant to the gender/ sexuality you choose

1 Like

I am very interested in this game, but i only buy choice of games games from steam.
I just think it’s safer then any other gaming-platform and i don’t want to create a new account just to purchase this game.