Fatehaven Testing (1+ hour demo)

Nice work, I liked it, with a bit of polish you can have a top notch game my friend. I got red so far.

It’s a fun read. I like it! Nice work and keep it up!

@MultipleChoice just gonna say this. This is my favorite WIP now

Whilst reading Municipalities at the wedding, it says that Silvanus tried to tell me something about what was written there, however, I don’t recall him mentioning anything like that when I spoke to him.

Edit: I just played through a second time and this time he did mention the sentence, not sure why it wasn’t on my first playthrough.

I think it would be more meaningful if the “corruption grows” come directly from ones choices, instead of during the “cut scenes” as it were.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody, it means a ton!

@OtherGrimm I agree, Fatehaven was really meant for length instead of width. I think this allows for more of an in-depth story, and while there are four elements I don’t see much reason to go past two distinct playthroughs. Luckily a playthrough is about four hours in length!

@Aznxa Unfortunately there’s no lightning element. The story is very nearly finished!

@Boman19 Oh snap! Thanks for the praise!

@stsword You bring up a good point: your corruption does grow (purposefully) at the start of the story to reflect the stress you’re under what with the town being attacked. I can assure you though, all future corruption increases/decreases are directly based on the choices you make. The choices for those are pretty straightforward, and it’s more than possible to end with 0% corruption.

Nice sense of humour, great game so far

when can i expect to see chapter 5 and the rest :slight_smile:

@Shoelip i’ve heard that it hurts like hell from some girls and that from some it doesn’t hurt at all so i guess you’re one of the women who has painful boobs i guess. And @MultipleChoice Your welcome! I wasn’t understating I also love the choices you get to make

Um… Not that I’ve ever experienced the former myself, but I don’t think being smacked in the breasts is in any way equivalent to being kicked in the testicles. I know it’s supposed to be for selecting your sex, but it comes off rather ridiculous.

I have to say this wip is amazing, playing the demo made me wish that the story would last for more than 10 hours! Any release dates planned, and by the way what does the silver element control?

I got it and it controls air

So what’s the fourth element? I’ve gotten fire, water and air so far…

@ash10 Silver is air.

@CrossOver I believe the fourth element in green - earth.

I love your game!! It truly is amazing. My character favors the water element, the most versatile of them, yay!!!

@CandyBlender *ahem* i got the air element on my playthrough and i believe that on the last air bender he could control all the elements basically so fingers crossed.

@Boman19 No offense intended, but your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired. :stuck_out_tongue:

“It wasn’t even a month ago when you tracked down and elk that would tower over even a large orc” → It should be ‘an’ elk

That was when my MC was discussing hunting before meeting Silvanus. I also found a few times ‘our’ was used instead of ‘your’.

Not sure where, but there were times when the tenses were in first person, I think they were the MC’s thoughts, but at first glance they were hard to read through. Maybe they should be indicated as thoughts by italics/quotation marks to make it more clear.

Otherwise, this is an amazing game. I can really see how much effort has gone into it :slight_smile: I really enjoyed it, especially the humourous bits. Can’t wait to see more!

@Boman19 He could control a the elements not because he was air, but because he was the avatar. The avatars have a cycle on what group of benders the next one will be born into.

I really, really like how it’s written. I hope you continue to write and eventually finish it!

Edit: Example: “You had to know if that story of hers was full of more crap than a constipated workhorse” : D

@MonaMae Thanks a ton for those finds! Fatehaven has been my first real attempt at writing using second-person narration, and I’ve caught myself drifting out of it a few times. I’ll make sure to check for incorrect 'our’s in the rest of the chapters as well!

I’m planning to set up a closed beta for the full version in the near future, thanks again for the feedback so far guys!