Fallen Hero poll (for further planning)

My Main MC, named Maou, used to be a very idealistic kind of hero. Yes he was still ā€œdifficultā€ as Ortega puts it, but he did the hero thing to try and ā€œfit inā€ and ā€œbe acceptedā€ by society. His romance with Ortega in particular was one of his few joys. The Heartbreak Incident and his subsequent capture is what broke him.

Now that heā€™s free, heā€™s decided he will no longer be stepped on, going into villainy to be in control of his own destiny. He stays to the practical side of thinking, getting the nanovores to safety for example before leading Hector away and exiting Argent, using a businessman to retrieve the nanovores. Or when attacking the museum setting the bombs to maximize effectiveness and leaving the puppet to be injured to direct suspicion away from the puppet.

Ortega however remains a ā€œweak pointā€ in more ways than one, considering she refuses to leave my MC alone. Quick though to take advantage of the situation, my MC uses the opportunity to frame Locus for controlling Argent and taking the opportunity to make her more friendly to the MC, all while throwing off the persona of an old, tired former hero who just wants to be left alone.

My relationship with Mortum is merely me using my female puppet as a tease, keeping Mortum thinking thereā€™s potential while keeping things focused primarily to business. Maybe things will change in the future, but for now best to just keep things proffesional.

My armor is mysterious, outfitted with telepathic boosters and speed augments. The telepathic boosters to help keep the nanovores in control and also allow me to better read and manipulate my enemies minds, making them see illusions or even tricking them into thinking they canā€™t breath, and the speed and jump jets to help increase movement speed for dodging. It doesnā€™t matter how strong my enemies are, if they canā€™t hit me they canā€™t beat me. I picture it as looking like the red hood armor from the Batman Arkham series, minus the bat symbol and colored a metallic gray. Keeping the hooded coat though, just lengthening it to end at the back of the knees.

Anyways, I see my MC eventually ā€œredeemingā€ themselves, seeing as they donā€™t WANT to hurt people or be evil, but they donā€™t ever want to be at the mercy of others again, and since the hero route didnā€™t work out they figured it was time to give villainy a shot. Ortega will most likely be able to pull them back though, but a part of me wants my MC to either sacrifice themselves to save others or activate the ā€œOuroborosā€ protocol, causing the nanovores to not only eat the suit but flip back the killswitch and kill him as well.

Also, I know it wasnā€™t asked, but I named my villain Legion after the Bible verse
Mark 5: 9. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. Figure itā€™s appropriate since my true identity is secret (Though Ortega has her suspicions), and since I mind control others.

I just want the truth to be revealed so my character can go into hiding, mind control some random civilian, and go have a talk with the Rangers with that civilian to manipulate them. I can also see my MC becoming the shadowy head of a criminal syndicate, including villains.

Anyways, really looking forward to part two. Pic included of my head canon villain armor, again without symbols and a metallic gray with a knee length hooded coat.

2 Likes

Honestlyā€¦I have no idea what Iā€™m doingā€¦all I know is that I absolutely love thisā€¦and I also know you are doing a amazing job my dudeā€¦keep up the good work and ya will get a awesome high five!!

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™m in the minority: I played my MC as a real villain. Sure, a villain with a tragic backstory, but still basically the bad guy who does bad things for bad reasons.

My motivation was that I was tired of being stepped on, I usually robbed the museum gala, I didnā€™t particularly care if anyone got hurt (although it wasnā€™t until my fourth playthrough that anyone actually did die), and I always mess with Lady Argentā€™s mind when Iā€™m meant to be helping her.

My goals for the character in the sequel would be wealth and world domination, along with exposing Special Directive and seducing Ortega to the side of evil. He wants it all, no matter how unlikely he is to get it. (See also his romantic entanglements.)

I think of Sovereign (my go-to supervillain name) as being a lot like Doctor Impossible from ā€œSoon I Will Be Invincible,ā€ which I heartily recommend to anyone here who hasnā€™t read it.

5 Likes

Pretty much everything I did as well, right down to the same villain name. :laughing: Although, for me, I wanted to romance Ortega through my puppet so that I can mess with his head all the more. I would like to try to turn him to the dark side, though. I am just not sure if it is possible, or whether it would fit into the story. We shall see.

2 Likes

yes i do not plan mc to survive in the end :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I like you book. Quite interesting. I wonder about the heartbreak incident and the presence of a more powerful evil telepathā€™s influence.

Just some things for you to consider from the many things that I had read.
Morally grey heroes - In a past Marvel new Avengers arc, Namor the sub-mariner destroyed an alternate earth populated with life to save the marvel 616 earth from an incursion attempt.
-Spider-man and Mary Jane made a deal with the marvel devil Mephistopheles to dissolve their marriage (as if they had not gotten married in the first place) in mavel continuity in exchange for the world not knowing his identify of Spider-man (he unveiled himself to the public in civil war #1, switched sides, and Aunt May got shot) -one more day story arc that many readers hated

bringing down corrupt governments - in delight games zombie high series, the protangist , Jane and her friends brought down a corrupt regime that infect her with HFMV virus (she later found a cure), and made power grab by imprisoning her parents as conspirators.
-forgot to include choice gamesā€™ heroes rise trilogy where they expose and brought down corrupt regeime led by President Victon.

Sometimes evil wins - In the lone Wolf interactive series (available in world of Aon fan site), he had to travel to the plane of Darkness and found out that in some worlds, evil had achieved lasting victory
In academy for supervillaim choice of games, there are many choices and the MC can be villain throughout or a mixture of both hero or villain

I would like there to be an option of being a utilitarian in the next game, still, cant wait for it :+1:

Itā€™s interesting seeing peopleā€™s vision of the armor they chose. I went with terrifying, for me it has insect, creature, and alien aspects to it. Probably wouldnā€™t be terrifying to many adults, but children would likely wet themselves in its presence. :grin:
I plan for my MC to die at the end, and taking why he did what he has to the grave. Let them speculate, and be wrong about his motivations.

1 Like

Being part of the minority here, my mc ā€œFallenā€/ā€œThe Fallenā€ chose to embrace the idea of becoming a villain, albeit one with a tragic backstory.

My Mcā€™s motivation is ā€œIā€™ve had enough being stepped onā€ and went with the mysterious villain look (the ingame-descriptions about this style were just perfect).

As his goal, my MC plans to convert as many heroes as possible (except Herald) to his side while defeating those that stand against him (preferibly by inflicting mental traumas, without causing to much physical harm. Unless its Herald). Ironically my MC also despises killing his enemies (but is still willing to do, if necessary).

5 Likes

It felt inevitable. WHYWHYWHYWHYWHWYWHYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWWHY?

1 Like

This is not that ironic, the victory tastes much sweeter when the loser has to live with the defeat, and all the shame, the guilt and the suffering it brought :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

200w

And just imagine the irony of having those you defeated, become villains due to the resentment of ā€œbeing the one stepped onā€, (especially when choosing this motivation for your MC :smiling_imp: )

10 Likes

I canā€™t wait for Argent to turnā€¦ I LOVE IRONY

6 Likes

my mc doesnā€™t really understand that, but subconsciously strives for attention eĢ¶sĢ¶pĢ¶eĢ¶cĢ¶iĢ¶aĢ¶lĢ¶lĢ¶yĢ¶ Ģ¶fĢ¶oĢ¶rĢ¶ Ģ¶OĢ¶rĢ¶tĢ¶eĢ¶gĢ¶aĢ¶ā€™Ģ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶iĢ¶nĢ¶cĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶hĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶bĢ¶eĢ¶lĢ¶iĢ¶eĢ¶vĢ¶eĢ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶(Ģ¶aĢ¶gĢ¶aĢ¶iĢ¶nĢ¶,Ģ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶uĢ¶bĢ¶cĢ¶oĢ¶nĢ¶cĢ¶iĢ¶oĢ¶uĢ¶sĢ¶lĢ¶yĢ¶)Ģ¶ Ģ¶tĢ¶hĢ¶aĢ¶tĢ¶ Ģ¶JĢ¶uĢ¶lĢ¶iĢ¶aĢ¶ Ģ¶wĢ¶aĢ¶sĢ¶ Ģ¶pĢ¶rĢ¶oĢ¶bĢ¶aĢ¶bĢ¶lĢ¶yĢ¶ Ģ¶tĢ¶hĢ¶eĢ¶ Ģ¶oĢ¶nĢ¶lĢ¶yĢ¶ Ģ¶pĢ¶eĢ¶rĢ¶sĢ¶oĢ¶nĢ¶ Ģ¶wĢ¶hĢ¶oĢ¶ Ģ¶cĢ¶aĢ¶rĢ¶eĢ¶dĢ¶ Ģ¶aĢ¶bĢ¶oĢ¶uĢ¶tĢ¶ Ģ¶mĢ¶cĢ¶. And whatā€™s the best and easiest way to get attention? Becoming a mysterious villain! (because being enigmatic brings more attention) This way mc can experience all those eyes directed at her even if her face is hidden behind the mask
The closest to this motivation is probably ā€œIt all seems inevitableā€

1 Like

So I just finished the play through again and I finally feel Iā€™ve go my MCā€™s goals and personality down. I was playing him as suffering from a massive inferiority complex and severe PTSD as a result of the Heartbreak incident and being deeply conflicted over what he was doing to his old teammates and while wanting to be strong enough to never be taken advantage of again or to feel as helpless as he was made after the Heartbreak incident, if Ortega had been a little more forceful in his attempts to get you to open up he would have stopped and come clean. However at the opening night of this new personality anything that was left of Sidestep was washed away as the my MC realized that for the first time in his life that he was strong enough to stand up to the Rangers and the curb stomp he laid on both Herald and Ortega and the sheer enjoyment he got out of that washed all doubts about what he was doing away. I am no longer sure that true redemption is possible and that he will most likely become a Red Hood (Jason Todd) like crime boss in that he will lay a beating down on any hero who gets in his way and run the underworld with an iron fist but he will never take an innocent life of a civilian or cop and probably never kill a hero because at the moment the fights between himself and the Rangers provide the much needed stimulation and to be honest a fun challenge that he has so sorely missed. I will be very intrigued to see what the next game brings to the table and if the whole criminal empire running vigilante who wants to take down his old friends as well as the Farm who hurt him agenda plays out like I hope it does.

2 Likes

How do you picture Dr Mortum and Ortega?

I picture the male version of Ortega as an mixture between Antonio Banderasā€™ appearance and film personality with Danny Trejoā€™s build and Dr. Mortum as looking like Zoe Saldana with a french accent. Oh and I have pictured Bo pictured as Jeff Kober in appearance (the dude who played Joe of the Claimers from ā€œThe Walking Deadā€ only with a bigger beard) mixed with Vinnie Jones in terms of build and size and maybe Kevin Durandā€™s character from ā€œThe Strainā€ in terms of personality

1 Like

It took alot of replays to get the tone for my character but my favorite canon playthru has my main character being hellbent on revenge against the farm and is doing it by being incredibly flashy as possible, wearing the conquering armor, because at this point if shes going down why not go down with a bang, right? Hell, she even named herself sidestep xD she also has a tendency of sparing her enemies both to humiliate them as well as hoping theyā€™d come back to kill her cuz secretly she really really wants to be stopped especially by Ortega.

3 Likes

I think my votes already say everything. No further comment required

I feel kinda evil playing this game. Itā€™s now officially my most favorite cog :kissing_heart: love the angst between Ortega, MC and Puppetā€¦ The writing is just so deep. Itā€™s realistic in terms of human interactions between the characters and the mystery of MCā€™s past adds intrigue. The romance and action scenes are just bonuses

6 Likes