Erotic and explict content in choicescript

I am not sure if I get this right, so I found it better to ask. I am an indie developer who also happens to develop adult fiction, erotica and in some cases explicit games, and we are considering to write a choicescript game but the licensing terms are not clear, so I prefer to ask before we commit to anything.

My questions are as follows:
If I write a choicescript game, with no intention to host it as a choice of game or hosted game, but distribute it own my own, can I do that?

Furthermore, it would be safe to assume that I am not bound to content restrictions of any matter if I do so?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This is something that you might get a more prompt answer to by emailing support directly.

The email to use should be: support@choiceofgames.com. A staff member with the requested information should then reply to you as soon as is feasible.

2 Likes

The licensing terms state that you are free to use ChoiceScript for non-commercial purposes. There are no content restrictions, no, but you you can’t make any money off of it.

If you want to make money off of it, you need a commercial license. For that, email support. But no, there wouldn’t be any content restrictions.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the very prompt response. I was aware of the license requirement. Should we choose to go into production with a game we will be contacting you. Have a nice day.