Editing, modding...cheating?

Technically it’s only classed as cheating if you’re trying to make the game easier, otherwise it’s expanding game play, but that’s just a minor quibble on my part.

I’ve modded a few COG games before, it’s pretty straightforward and relatively easy compared to some other games (I’m looking at you Eador) you just use a file opening program, I use 7-zip. Open the desired games application file with it and extract all the files in it to a new folder. If it’s “maxing all stats” that you’re after then just go into Scenes and edit the Startup files, both of them and set yourself a 100 stats in each and that should do the trick. Though sometimes the stat is a percentage between two things, in which case setting ti 0 might be required for the desired outcome.

After that save everything and run the Index web file, I use Firefox, mostly because it has all the tools I need to mod facebook games and because Chrome has a built in tracker that monitors your browsing activity and their pro-advertising. Other browsers might work okay too.

I hope this helps you in your future modding endeavors.

53 Likes