Drip Campaign post

Beta testing gives the player the ability to play the game, at the cost of applying regular constructive criticism for the author. Both parties are rewarded in some way.

2 Likes

I am cheered to make the recommended games in choice script when If viewer select for instance Nb sci fi romance get games that are from criteria. However I don’t know if is practical…

They make more money that means better deals and more games to play maybe they get a famous IP with the growth also I want reach someday publishing status so for me seriously is cool that they still around and wealthy

In consideration for the original topic, has anyone discussed what the parameters for the “why should you join us” question entail? Is it needing to be a small paragraph or a couple lines or will is it required to be largely detailed? Will we be including links and examples of certain forum topics? I’m unsure of the scope we’re attempting to fill in. Since its an email, it could have the potential to get lengthy, and that means more considerations to take into account.

4 Likes

Typically these emails aren’t super long. One paragraph by three or four users for each question.

Is asking users to leave a review exploitation? We don’t have forum “reviews.” We were looking for a few pull quotes from actual forum users to include in an email about why our community is so great. We can write it ourselves. We thought we’d include the forum instead.

9 Likes

for troubleshooting ? don’t think so . Since I often see peoples saying , please contact @blahalacustomerservice .

To share the passion for reading, for text based games , for writing, to share ideas . But also for learning !

You learn how to make your own if you have the dream and the idea !

Any question they have , any need they have to talk about the game they played can be talked, shared, discusted with others like minded peoples and more .

it’s welcoming to anyone no matter who they are, as long as they are friendly and accepting .

we chat…we share ideas, we read ideas, we share stories, we learn, we bounce thoughs around, we improve, we make mistakes, we correct them, we unwrap ourself slowly, we make friends, we laugh, we cry at some stuff…but above all…we learn respect and share similar dreams . And those dreams take the shape of stories that are turned into games .

Bring your own costume!

My reason To joining the forum was that I have a passion for literature and role playing. And This is one of few places where you can practice your English have fun and not be toxic insulted. No matter where you from and what you are…

No idea if is commercial or whatever. I am not a Trendy person or hipster however if there is a Real reason to join is enjoy the community and talking about games and literature.

My other experiences with English forums have a lot of assholes calling me shit and racist slurs.

Not the same thing: a review can be negative or have both negatives and positives. You’re asking solely for the positives. I’ll leave it at that.

Is publicity what you expect Put shade on us … The mail…?!

Lol Tea. If you want critize them you can hell they are tired of me critizing them on public and in pm you can ask @Mary_Duffy lol

Critical thinking is one of my goals. But I still love the company and people and sometimes you have t remember the good reasons we all are here

1 Like

Someone asked the question of how long should this be. I was imagining 500+ words, no more than 1000.

3 Likes

Hmm, that’s a quite lengthy post. I was thinking of something like a collection of forumites’ comments or something.

I mean, I’m already writing something, so that’s good to know!
Edit: Wow, I realize I used “something” 3x

I suspect that if you write 300 words, people would chime in with other things to include, and it would soon be 500.

Regardless, I’m excited to see what you come up with!

Just making sure we’re on the same page. Does the mailer content only contains this group-written post, or will COG open it up, “Hey, this is a letter written by fellow forumites” something like that?

That…seems explicitly not what Jason said above?

I’m with @Laguz on this — the way this is being framed feels gross.

1 Like

Yeah, turns out I was wrong about that. We miscommunicate like anyone else, sometimes.

1 Like

I was imagining an introductory line that went something like…

Hi! For the next installment of our introductory campaign, I wanted to introduce you to our forums, and tell you why they’re so awesome. But rather than me tell you why, I asked the forums to tell you themselves. This post was co-written by X, Y, and Z, with contributions from blah blah blah.

Something akin to that.

3 Likes

Understood! It felt like gaslighting in the moment, but I’ll take that it was an honest miscommunication.

2 Likes

So this is what I’ve come up with. Knowing the intended group-written format, I feel like this writing is a bit too personal. So, feel free to modify the heck out of it.

Version 1

Hey, let me tell you a secret: Choice of Games has ~ Forum ~ (powered by Discourse)
Yes, I know this might be already mentioned previously in the mailing list, but this is a real deal. COG forums (or just “forum” as I call it; simpler) is the place where you can talk with like-minded people.

Folks here came from humongously various backgrounds all over the world-time-space. We got folks who hail from East, North, West, and Middle; those who wave the pride banners; those who fanboy/fangirl over a cheesy-urban-fantasy-werewolf-dating-simulator (personal taste; don’t kill me pls); those nerds who try hard to simulate real-life system into their WIP (not me, obviously); and most importantly, the authors themselves!

Meet username Cataphrak, author of Napoleonic Infinity series; JimD, author of Zombie Exodus – zombie apocalypse the gamebook; Seraphinite, author of Wayhaven Chronicles, the… ahem, urban-fantasy-dating-simulator; and many more that I can’t mention thanks to the word limit.

You might think that the purpose of the forum is to talk with people. You know what? You’re WRONG, a big WRONG, all capitalized!
Here, you can create your own CYOA. Interested? Read on.

In the forum, you can post your project under the #works-in-progress category. If fellow forumites are interested, they’ll naturally flock your thread and pour hearts inside your project thread. Exciting, isn’t it? However, if that doesn’t happen to you, don’t be discouraged. It will be a valuable experience, especially if you’re planning to take writing seriously. Otherwise, it’s harmless fun!
Oh, of course, coding sucks, but we’ve been all through that too. Don’t worry, we forumites are nice and open (with a bit of a friendly dominance); someone will be willing to give feedback on any aspects. If you’re an introverted type, there’s PM anyway.

Note: On the term CYOA, it’s actually trademarked. Games/books/gamebooks of this kind are called Interactive Fiction, now.

Sincerely, Szaal, X, Y.

2 Likes

I came to the Forum to read the demos for my favorite games sequel’s because I was too impatient to wait for them to be released naturally. I stayed for the polls mostly… and the writing tips which I plan to implement just as soon as I write a WIP.

1 Like

If you’re still interested in soundbite-style input, I would point out that this is one of the few places you can talk about interactive fiction without first having to explain what interactive fiction means.

6 Likes