Drawing comics for you!

I have been wanting, for several years now, to create webcomics or graphic novels.
Unfortunately, I keep getting stuck on the writing part, so I never really get to the art, which is what I really wanna do.
Lately, I’ve been wanting to start drawing more again, but I’m finding it hard to get inspiration for what to draw, which is making it a bit tough to get anything done.

So I thought maybe I could find something already written, and turn it into comics, as practice. But I can’t get myself to just unsolicitedly ask a ton of writers on fiction sites, who I don’t know, if I can illustrate their stories.
So, then I thought I would ask here, as some of you people might have short stories, or scenes, or something, that you wouldn’t mind letting me use. I guess I could illustrate peoples PC’s as well, but I’m more interested in comics, as I want to practise backgrounds and action, as well as line art and colouring.

It will be completely free, the result won’t be posted anywhere, unless we agree to, and you get a lot of say in the design of characters, etc.
You won’t own the rights to the finished art, just as I won’t own the story and characters.

I’m up for drawing most things, as I especially want to challenge myself to draw different styles and subjects than I normally would. But there’s a few things i won’t draw:

• Manga. It’s just not my style.
  • Actual rape.
  • Animal cruelty.
  • Most explicit fetish stuff.
  • Probably some stuff I haven’t thought of.

I don’t really have any finished comic pages or illustrations to show, but I have a ton of old half-finished sketches, that might give some idea of what my drawings can look like:

Character Design

Costume Design

Creatures

Other

33 Likes

Are you ok with drawing WiP scenes?

1 Like

your art is so good…hey look! you made the choice of cat! kitty! :kissing_closed_eyes:

and the mermaiddd…there is a choiceofgame about that ! well actually 3 of them if I rememeber…:sweat_smile:

I would love to help…since I got a couple of finished stories that will never see the light :rofl: as well as tons of ideas to get your project going…but I’m so busy…I gotta do lot of shopping today…ARGH! God help meh…

anyway…good luck! and let us see what you make! :grin:

3 Likes

Sure!

@E_RedMark:

Thank you! :blush:
It’s actually strange how little I draw cats, considering how much I love them. :thinking:

2 Likes

In that case, I’ll PM you the scene.

1 Like

I’m working on a noir-themed urban fantasy IF set on an alternate Earth in 1947. If that’s different enough (and of interest to you) let me know. Your style is very interesting; reminds me of my daughter’s work a little bit.

2 Likes

There a few short stories set in the UnNaturalverse that I don’t mind you using if you want the practice.

2 Likes

That sounds cool! And I’ll pretty much try anything.
Your daughter’s an artist? :smiley:

Cool! Where could I find those?

1 Like

Www.nocturnalstillness.com

Just click on the short stories tab. :slight_smile:

Edit: the stories do feature the MC sometimes but their gender is never mentioned so feel free to draw whichever you like. It was wrote like that so readers could insert themselves.

2 Likes

I don’t mind if you used my story for practice (in fact I think it’d be really really cool!!–no pressure tho! Do your thing :grin:). I also have shorter scenes on tumblr if you search for #scene or #scenario. Happy drawing, and very excited to see your new art regardless of the story from which you take inspiration!

3 Likes

The WIP thread with a link to the demo is here: https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/good-intentions-wip-updated-08-december-2018/43043

No pressure, obviously, but feel free to contact me if it interests you.

She could outdraw me by the time she was eight (admittedly that’s a low bar). She’ll probably be doing the cover art for the book, whenever I actually get it finished :grin:

6 Likes

Ah, I have played and enjoyed that! Very much so, in fact. :blush:

3 Likes

To make it easier here is a direct link to the stories.

http://nocturnalstillness.com/home/short-stories/part-of-the-unnaturalverse/

2 Likes

Feel free to use any scenes from Shepherds of Haven or Apex Predators, if anything speaks to you! :slight_smile:

Your art is great, by the way! I love the clarity and sharpness of the faces you draw and your shading and expressions are lovely! Love the costumes as well!

2 Likes

You are more than welcome to draw anything you find entertaining in Voltaic or ZOMB. The former has more people to draw and has appearance examples in the stats screen, and the latter has more action scenes. There’s nothing I specifically want drawn, so please draw whatever you find most engaging! And thank you for offering this, it’s very helpful as a writer to see how people would interpret my writing artistically.

2 Likes

Funny coincidence, I myself have been writing a script for a comic that I hope to find an artist for once it’s finished.

You said you wanted to challenge yourself by drawing different styles, right? How does comic art involving Funny Animals and/or Furry Art sound to you?

3 Likes

Hey great work , im in the process of making a short story about a female anti -hero with original power maybe marvel will Pick it up i sent the idea with the backstory but i cant draw and bring out the expressions needed

3 Likes

Your artwork is fantastic so you’ll definitely be getting inundated with requests from us authors. Feel free to use any scenes from The Magician’s Burden or any of my WIPs, like The Enchanter’s Misery or Mass Mother Murderer.

3 Likes

Oh, wow! Your artwork is amazing! I particularly love how you draw hair, and your costume designs are super detailed.

If you’re interested, I’m working on a gladiator themed game set in Ancient Rome, so you could have fun with the costume designs.

Also, it’s really kind of you to offer to do artwork for people for free. Do you do art professionally at all? You’re definitely talented enough to. :blush:

3 Likes

First of, thank you everyone!

I really appreciate the offers of using scenes from your WIPs, even if I might not take you up on it, as that sort of freedom of choice gets a bit too - chaotic(?) - for me. I’m not good with decisions, and prefer clear, limited options. if that makes sense?

@Nocturnal_Stillness I see what you are doing! You are trying to make me play through your game again, so I can look for physical descriptions of the characters. :wink: I have seen through your cunning plan!

@rinari Thank you! Faces are probably the thing i draw the most, so I’m glad all the practice is showing. :sweat_smile:

@Keeperixx I don’t know. There are so many people doing furry art all over the internet, so it feels more appropiate to find one of them to do it, since it’s what they love. Unless you are looking for a less cartoony, and more realistic, look?

@Samuel_H_Young Thank you very much!

Thank you! I do love giving my characters long, luscious locks. :purple_heart:
And making clothes is another hobby of mine, so that probably shows.

I don’t (though people have offered to buy my paintings before). It’s something I’ve always planned to do, in some way or another, but mental health issues and life circumstances have prevented me from getting to that point, so far.
Currently, I’m in the ironic position of not being able to receive monetary compensation, unless I can get enough to replace my current income completely. And that’s not a risk I’m able to take. :sweat_smile:

As for working for free, I don’t mind it, as long as people don’t ask me to do stuff they were planning to pay for. I don’t want to take paying work away from other artists.

9 Likes