Drag Star! — Slay the catwalk on TV’s hottest drag competition!

We’re proud to announce that Drag Star!, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the Choice of Games Omnibus app. It’s 40% off until March 21st!

Get ready, honey! You’re a contestant on Drag Star!, the reality TV drag competition. You better throw shade, serve looks, and slay each episode to become the next drag icon!

Drag Star! is a 150,000-word interactive novel by Evan J. Peterson, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination (and sass).

As a contestant on the newest season of Drag Star! You’ll prove your skills on the S.H.A.D.E. scale: Smarts, Humor, Artistry, Daring, and Enchantment. Through celebrity impersonation, singing, dancing, costuming, and comedy, you’ll need to be sickening in every stunt to win it all. But how will you steal the show?

Enter the Twerkshop with your own catchphrase, meet your new drag family, and try to maintain self-care and integrity while still playing to win. How will you balance competing and bonding with castmates like Lady Kali, Scandal Dupree, and Dorian Slay? Oh, but there’s more. Not everyone is playing by the same rules—there’s a saboteur on the cast, waiting for the right opportunities to cause even more drama.

Will you emerge as a finalist and grab the crown? Will you own the catwalk and the title of Fan Favorite? Will your wig stay on while you whip it back and forth? And will you be able to save the show from a devilish saboteur?

• Play as a drag queen, a drag king, or a nonbinary or genderfluid performer.
• Throw shade, turn looks on the catwalk, dance the house down, and write original jokes and song lyrics.
• Compete against a diverse cast of fierce drag performers—or are you here to make friends?
• Specialize your style: villainous or sweet, campy or elegant, classic or avant garde
• Build your drag family: win episodes together, be a mentor, stoke or resolve rivalries.
• Solve the mystery of the sabotage—or ignore that drama entirely.
• Win Fan Favorite or Most Congenial.
• Join the Abbey of the Perpetually Fabulous, a new drag religion.
• Maintain your self-care or push yourself and take risks for more fan attention.
• Make it as a finalist in Season Eight of Drag Star! and win the crown.

Don’t be a filler contestant—slay your way to legendary status!

We hope you enjoy playing Drag Star!. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

33 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this game. Glad it released.

6 Likes

WHAT IS THIS LOL I AM SO EXCITED!! Time to throw the most ultimate shade

1 Like

I have to say, I ordinarily have no particular interest in drag stars, but this was clever, witty, poignant, and well…fabulous. Spent most of my morning on one playthrough and thorougly enjoyed every minute.

Really, sincere congratulations on a wonderful story!

6 Likes

If you enjoyed it–especially on GPS, AAA, or Steam–please consider leaving a review. The haters, homophobes, and transphobes are already smashing its numbers.

22 Likes

I will never understand why so many people feel driven to download something they already know full well they won’t enjoy based on the description just for the express purpose of trashing it. Okay, so it’s not for you. Then don’t play it! It’s not a difficult concept, or at least it shouldn’t be.

18 Likes

I’m not sure if some of the reviewers even downloaded the game. Maybe didn’t even read the description. Read the title, looked at the pic and it already triggered their pathetic, homophobic brain… Or the void in place of their brain.

6 Likes

To write a review on GPS (just gave it 5/5 plus review) you need to have installed it. Not purchased it (unless it is p2p from the start).

4 Likes

Okay then nvm. But as @hustlertwo pointed out it still seems unnecessarily idiotic that they download a game which obviously wouldn’t interest them.
Actually some reviews are such bullshit that I can imagine that if they downloaded the game, it only happened so they could write something hateful.

2 Likes

Those brats feel threatened by everything that does not cater to them. Just look at them throwing a tantrum over Black Panther or Captain Marvel or Doctor Who.

8 Likes

I suffered a pretty alarming amount of racist, misoginystic and homophobic reviews on The Magician’s Burden, and it didn’t even address those topics very heavily. So I shudder to think about what the bigots will do this time around.

Apparently hideous propaganda.

7 Likes

I was wondering if I should buy this game now since I hadn’t gotten around to playing the demo before, but knowing that now I’m definitely going to purchase it, if just to support it. Though I can tell this is going to be an entertaining game anyway :grin:

2 Likes

I cant report that sh*t as gps does not display those reviews due to language settings.

Drag is such a part of the mainstream and Drag Race is insanely popular…I was naive to forget how hateful some people are.

17 Likes

Fear is a hell of a drug.

It’s super rare for me to review anything (it’s the internet, so it’s mostly just white noise to me), but I left one just now. It’s a great story, full stop. Shame people try to tear down something lovely on account of their own insecurities and prejudice.

7 Likes

I recced the game weeks ago to a mutual from the booktube community.
Let’s see if I can get her to give it a video review

2 Likes

I will let one in Spanish known my comrades machismo and bigotry they could certainly upvote just IT IS IN MY FACE and all that bullshit they always say … I mean the game even if were bad deserve good critics for the social message and calling for tolerance. BUT THE FACT IS REALLY GOOD is a goo interactive piece. and all of you know i have no problem to criticise. So good work Cog and hope assholes dont stop ratings

5 Likes

Glossed, shined and released my GPS review. Flagged those with the devil in their nature like I was on Color guard.

Honestly, Drag Star! has infused my spirit with bubbled euphoria and a taste of tart wine. My character imagined as if Farrah Moan slipped on Sasha Velour’s edification and burlesque-ft me in a glittering state of powderpuff contentment that I was the wisest in the room, even if I didn’t act like it. Playing an asp-eating Cleopatra only made the dream complete. Then again I was able to catch so many references one could call me The Fisher Queen. (Although, author stop mentioning Beyonce challenge.) A pity that I, as a cishet woman, am allowed to openly enjoy gender-play arts in all its forms whilst the patriarchal society at large condemns themselves for their own curiosity. The world is cruel and boring enough as it is.

Game dragged me to heaven and left me there. In conclusion: yay, puns!

22 Likes

I still have to ended the game but is sarcastic and acid yet cheerful. It needs more Karaoke lol :wink:

2 Likes

A word of caution: I would not recommend giving in to temptation and voting it up if you have not read it and enjoyed it. Otherwise you are helping to justify all these hateful reviews. I imagine a lot of these narrow-minded folks think of themselves as fighting back against biased people who will give a story like this five stars simply for existing. Champions in their own mind. If they see people from here actually doing those sorts of blind reviews it just provides them unnecessary justification.

9 Likes