OUT NOW! "Stars Arisen"—Wield the stars’ magic to reclaim the throne!

We’re proud to announce that Stars Arisen, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the “Choice of Games” app.

It’s 33% off until March 22nd!

Reclaim your mother’s throne with the mighty power of the skies! Bring down lightning on your foes, climb an endless tower, and call the ghosts of ages past to your aid. But will your sorcery save the city, or tear it apart?

Stars Arisen is a one-million-word interactive epic fantasy novel by Abigail C. Trevor, author of Heroes of Myth. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

After a four-hundred-year reign over the city-state Kelestri, your mother, the immortal and all-powerful Sorceress of the Skies, was overthrown in a violent revolution. Called a tyrant and forced into exile, she was believed dead by all. Only you, her secret child and chosen heir, know the truth. Now, as the Sorceress’s life begins to fade, she has given you a task: steal back the fallen stars that granted her power and reclaim her crown.

With the last vestiges of your mother’s magic in your hands, you descend to Kelestri to find a city on the edge of change. Factions feud over its governance, riots fill the streets, and would-be sorcerers grasp at the remnants of magic in the city’s secret corners. Seeing the rising new world, do you still intend to fulfill your mother’s ancient vision? Will you restore the Sorceress’s might, shatter it for good, or claim it for yourself?

• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bisexual, monogamous, polyamorous, asexual, and/or aromantic
  • Wield the power of the stars to call down storms, shape the earth, ride the wind, raise the dead - or even to become immortal!
  • Romance a radical orator, a savvy journalist, an outlaw mage, the heir to the rebellion, or the ghost of a master thief
  • Use your political acumen to pit feuding factions against each other, or guide them to peace
  • Uncover the stories that your mother wanted to bury: the secrets of her power, your ancestry, and the nature of magic itself
  • Reclaim your mother’s place as ruler of Kelestri, strengthen the revolutionary government, or seize the throne for yourself!
With the magic of fallen stars in your hands, how high will you rise?

We hope you enjoy playing Stars Arisen. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

59 Likes

Congrats on the long awaited release!

5 Likes

Thank you for your hard work and efforts Abby!

I really enjoy reading and re-reading your stories :revolving_hearts:

15 Likes

Aw yeah! Very excited for this one, how fantastic to see it out in the world!

11 Likes

Can’t wait to try this one.

5 Likes

MintyEdibleCony-size_restricted

14 Likes

Congrats on the release of another great game Abby! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely going to play this! Congrats on the release!

1 Like

Is it on Google play or just the choice of games app?.

1 Like

It’ll be on Google play in most locations but some locations can’t access the individual apps on that storefront. If that link doesn’t work, you can buy through the Android Omnibus app (or on the website and then restore your purchase on the Omnibus).

1 Like

This was absolutely stellar. Abby has knocked it out of the park once more. I felt like I had so much say in my choices, everything felt so satisfying and like I actually earned it. Just the most beautiful prose, I don’t even want to share quotes from the stary because I hope people can experience it for the first time within the story. Truly an astronomical accomplishment.

I have no other comet to give :heart_eyes:

Now I have to go replay Heroes of Myth.

26 Likes

Maybe you should planet out better next time.

18 Likes

All those puns have certainly given that review some flare, at least

9 Likes

Ms. Trevor has given us something truly great - and I’m sure whatever she does next will be even crater. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s a Nebula in her future … and I’m totally Sirius about that.

12 Likes

If Abby doesn’t get a Nebula…then at least we should try to give her a constellation prize. I hope she doesn’t mind that we’re all acting like it’s Comety Central over here. But we can’t help it I’m sure, this game was just so out of this world.

11 Likes

In all seriousness, the ending I got was just so beautifully bittersweet. I’m gonna be crying over releasing Baz forever. My MC was too connected to the city to ever leave, and my heart just broke for her. But at least she has Vivian still.

7 Likes

Oh, big same. I managed to have everyone survive the game and even on more or less good terms, but the Sorceress keeps trying to kill me even after I’ve arranged a co-rulership between her and the assembly, so she and Baz keep ending up in jail. I’ll figure out how to keep her from fighting me yet!

3 Likes

brb, patching the game to change every reference to the Comet offices to “Comety Central”

11 Likes

Such a change is sure to rays a few eyebrows, but I hope it doesn’t distract too much from the heart of the meteor.

1 Like

Actual plot spoilers: distracting from the heart of the meteor is Rey’s primary motivation.

2 Likes