Donor: A Vampire Victim's Tale [GAME RELEASED!]

That’s fair, and before I became a software dev myself I used to think copying code was for cheats and morons. Now, I will let anyone call me names under the sun if they let me borrow their algos!

Have you seen the fantastic work that’s being done with OpenAI?

Sure! I just started it last week, but here it is. I’m honestly a bit shy about it, truth be told.

1 Like

So did I :laughing:

No! I’ll have to check it out - true AI kinda intimidates me for some reason

THANK YOU! I’m crazy busy this week after taking off for the holidays, but this sounds like a ton of fun and I’ll definitely check it out :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Now I happily copy codes in such an unashamed manner that even my past self is shocked :smiley:

Me too. But I think true AI is here to stay - even if we’re out of work!

I hope you had a good holiday!! xx

1 Like

Can you make a donor TWO,…I wanna play as a vampire because that was my ending

1 Like

@cyrus777 I’m so glad you enjoyed the vampire ending!

A Donor COG sequel would be tough since there are so many different branches the player might have landed on, but I the sequel to the novel itself is available for free (see download link for Bait in the description at the top of this thread). It doesn’t follow Lenore as a vamp, however… :disappointed:

Just out of curiosity, if I were to write a sequel that centered around the MC as a vamp, what kinds of choices would you want me to feature?

4 Likes

You should focus on romance, traveling the world, learning how to use your vampiric powers and also struggling with the guilt of killing your lover by accident when my mc was in the shower and wishing for atonement somehow and maybe give us the option to learn martial arts but whatever you do please don’t add politics, I’m not a fan of the masquerade and please don’t make the vampires weak by adding vampire hunters because that would make no sense,…Like I never understood how vampires are suppose to have super strength, super speed, super agility as well as enhanced hearing and yet they can get killed by humans(If you watched DRACULA UNTOLD, that’s how vampires should be, basically gods to us mortals),…:thinking: maybe also allow my character to buy a hospital, so I can get blood without having to hurt anyone and don’t forget about my mother from the first game that we never met

1 Like

I don’t mind covens like In UNDERWORLD but please no political vampire government or anything…maybe add werewolves and even allow romance with werewolves,…maybe even have two breed clan types of werewolves such as THE DOG type from twilight and the WOLFMAN form from van Helsing(high Jackman)…Also a POLYAMOROUS RELATIONSHIP would be nice and lots of graphic sex would be nice as well…maybe add rival vampires covenants that are bad and want to hurt me and I have to defend myself and if you do want to add vampire hunters(hopefully you don’t) can they at least be supersoldiers, like captain America/black widow(and are completely separate from the government, because I don’t think vampires would be associating with the government and if they are connected with the government, it’s probably because vampires created the government themselves, since they are immortal), at least that would make some sense, instead of humans with fancy guns&tech killing beings with actual super powers…and maybe give my character siblings and if I’m the only child, then maybe give us cousins because family is important, also give us the option to tell my family that I’m a vampire, preferably without any consequences please…it would also be nice to be a daywalker or at least have scientific breakthrough cream that allow our kind to walk in the sun

1 Like

Oh man…you even considering this, makes me sooooo happy! I volunteer as tribute to beta for you. :heart: I agree, giving Lenore some.romance would be nice after having to have lived through the torture (as a reader) in DONOR. (Still one of my all time favorite stories, i love it so much) I think even Lenore just trying to retrain her brain on how to live life as a vampire after having been kidnapped by some, would be incredibly interesting. Also, would she be into certain types of blood? As an addict, would she prefer feeding off of ppl who are high/drunk? Does she still talk to the guys? My Lenore always suffered a bit (or a LOT) from Stockholm Syndrome for sure. OH, One of my fav endings was the one where she had a daughter. That would be neat to see. Gaaaaah there is just so much you could do! No pressure.or anything, but revisiting Lenore would be so cool. Xoxox

5 Likes

OMG I looovvveeee you jender

2 Likes

I didn’t know you could have a child…is that with the vampire ending?

2 Likes

Right back atcha! <3

I havent played in awhile, but i remember an ending where Lenore had a daughter, and she was going out with Charles (not as a date…maybe they were going to feed, so maaaaybe it was a vampire ending? I think i played enough times to get all of the endings, so.please pardon my memory ☆) but i remember Richard was babysitting Lenore’s daughter and it sounded like he doted on her, so it was a very sweet moment for him. (My other fav ending is the one where Richard enjoys listening to Lenore’s heartbeat)

2 Likes

I really hope the author takes our opinions to heart…when it comes to the GOD’S and VAMPIRES, I’m a sucker for them, well technically I have a deep obsession with IMMORTALITY in general,…I know pain comes with living for eternity but I always dream of what it would be like to be IMMORTAL and see countless civilization rise and fall and then eventually even experience space travel as an immortal being

2 Likes

@Elena_H – I hope to see another game from you. :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Hopefully a donor vampire sequel

1 Like

If you want inspiration, here are 3 of my favorite vampire movies and Game

KIZUMONOGATARI: it’s an anime about a beautiful tall blonde vampire woman that falls in love and also loves to travel(and yes they’re vampire hunters but the vampire hunters have heaven artifacts that make them into superhumans)…also there’s no politics at all, which is why I love it

UNDERWORLD: underworld is my favorite movies(I hated the last movie though, it added everything I HATED about the masquerade games into it, I didn’t understand how selene is basically the female vampire version of JOHN WICK and yet she gets taken out by a government bomb even though she’s been alive for 700 yrs and has taken down some very powerful beings) also there’s no politics in it so that’s a plus, just covens that do have their own rules but it’s about a beautiful women, her name is SELENE and she’s a DEATH DEALER, which basically means that she’s a soldier in a hit squad unit that is task with eliminating bad humans, bad werewolves and bad vampires

VAMPYR: is my favorite video game, it’s about a guy in London that wakes up as a vampire and he happens to be a doctor and he starts working at a hospital as well as go around helping people or he can become a monster(it’s an interactive game btw) and also trying to figure out where a mysterious disease is coming from out of nowhere(and yes there are vampire hunters in the game but these vampire hunters have potions that make them into supersoldiers as well as having steampunk futuristic weapons)…and there’s no politics so that’s why I love it

1 Like

My fav is WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS :heart:

3 Likes

What’s that?

1 Like

:dizzy_face:

There is a tv show as well (also great, but nothing beats the film because of Jemaine :heart: and Taika and Rhys)

3 Likes

I never seen that, LOL it looks corny but I will give it a try

1 Like

Have you ever watched underworld or dracula untold… now those were good vampire movie(minus the last underworld movie)

1 Like