Development of - Treason on the Border (The World of Aerath)

I’ll go check it out!

EDIT
I visited the site, and I can tell this gamebook is gonna be amazing; it seems really intricate and well though out.

Just a quick update…

Beta Information for all Playable Races and teaser information for Non-Playable races up on the Wordpress site.

An incomplete section for Immortals: Gods, Daemons & Spirits has been created as well.

Changes made to Game Statistics structure and Polish added to Stat-Screens, Mini-Pedia and initial Choices.

Due for a Nation update, Creature update and Alpha Demo very soon.

Thanks,

Khaz.

Yes a demo soon

What about a Khajit race cat race maybe a Orc or

Hi there jcsunshine_3! Thanks for responding to our thread! As it stands the demo should be about 5 days away. We’re currently polishing the existing scenes and finishing up a few loose ends till we’re happy enough with the product to actually show people.

As far as Khajits go, it’s probably not something we’ll be adding. As it stands we already have the Rakshasa as a playable race. They are a tiger-like humanoid elder race with an ancient civilisation and an affinity for politics, magic and alchemy. As such we feel that they are a race that nicely fills the niche of a cat-like playable race and fits well into the pre-existing mythology we have created.

Orcs on the other hand is something we have talked about a bit. When creating this world we wanted to avoid standard fantasy tropes. There are no dwarves, no elves, no goblins etc. With that said, this is still a high fantasy world and thus we have added races that are analogous to those standard fantasy races but have attempted to put a unique spin on them. Which is how we decided on races such as the Fey and the Stoneborn. As the project continues we may include an orc like race - bestial humanoids, but most likely they will be a touch more intelligent and civilised than standard orcs but will retain their brutal martial nature.

Either way, if they do get added it certainly won’t be as a playable race as the 7 we currently have is about as many as we can handle. Any more and it will become too difficult for us to add enough meaningful differences to the racial choices. It’s unfortunately one of those situations where the more choices we add in that respect will adversely affect the races we already have.

Thanks heaps for your feedback, and please let us know if you have any other ideas!

The depth you have to your world creation is amazing. I’m really looking forward to this!

Hey thanks man. We really appreciate it! We’re basically a couple of fantasy nerds that have read a hell of a lot of books and played a hell of a lot of games and figured this is one avenue where we could actually try and create something that we would want to play. We just hope it comes out as cool as it is in our heads :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, very much looking forward to buying Trial of the Demon Hunter. Can’t wait till it comes out!

Hi all!
Just writing to request a moderator to close this thread if at all possible. Our demo is all but ready and we’d like to have it up on a new thread where the link will be the first post. Thanks!