Demo for Outbreak Infected

That does clarify what happened to MC! Thank you ^-^
Now I don’t know whether I want to cultivate a high or low willpower stat… hmm, choices, choices… (I want to have human friends so I guess I should try to have a lot of willpower, but also, the potential devastation of trying to bite said friends due to zombie instincts, agdjkagndjakgn)

And here is the order of what I did before getting to the loop; ‘I wanted to know more about the virus’, (character customization), ‘Doctor’, (further stat choices), ‘I wanted to help the patients, and my coworkers needed me’, ‘ask about her symptoms’, ‘look into the hallway’, ‘go back into the room’, ‘barricade the door’, ‘you don’t know what’s going on’, ‘you can stay with me’, ‘take the ambulance’, ‘the hospital won’t be able to use it’, ‘kick the zombie holding down Jane’.

It’s at this point where I’m forced to leave Jane to her fate, as I can get bitten four times before the option to save her is locked.

3 Likes

Thank you for pointing out the loop! I’ll get it fixed as soon as possible

5 Likes

Isn’t the mc going to need a diary or something to remember who they as well since they would struggle to remember especially if they got infected on one day.

2 Likes

I hadn’t considered memory loss that much, but journaling might be used

1 Like

Oh, well I’m not the author, so I can’t say for certain! I also don’t know, haha ^-^’

I suppose it depends on how the author wants to portray the zombies. Will they be classic zombies, albeit with some aspect that allows the MC to be intelligent? Or will they be more custom-made, like zombies from The Last of Us, or other various zombie games wherein the zombies are more unique?

The really cool thing about fictional monsters is that the author(s) get to choose whatever rules they wish to work with. Memory issues could be an interesting obstacle for our MC, especially if it plays into one of the stats. But I don’t think it’s a guarantee that it will occur. I do like the concept of a journal, though. Honestly I’m interested in every aspect of an intelligent zombie character, and am still excited to see any future update from this wip :3

2 Likes

Hi! After reading the demo thus far, here are some things I think might be beneficial.

1. You said you want to give a different beginning for each profession, which would definitely add a lot of flavor to the early game but also take a lot more effort. Might I suggest going a similar route to Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven and instead have the MC be out of work for the day, with their job just changing the stats and some flavor text? It would allow for a more streamlined beginning and easier to balance late game, in which you might want to reference what happened in earlier chapters.

2. The ending of chapter one is somewhat confusing. I saw that this was addressed in another comment, but I would still recommend going over what is happening in the moment in the story, rather than having a flashback or clarifying posthumously. Perhaps something subtle, like hearing a sound of glass break and a flash of camo gear, or more overt with a scene of the MC begging for their life.

Overall, great story, interesting premise! I’m excited to see where you take it.

5 Likes

Well, two references that I have to visualize an evil intelligent zombie MC would be Big Daddy from Land of the Dead and Zeus from Army of the Dead.

On the other hand, if you want a good zombie MC, I imagine only one character, the protagonist of the novel Diary of a zombie by Sergi Llauger.

1 Like

I may be reading five billion different things but I may just have to read the Diary one fr, thanks for sharing!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

3 Likes

If you want more interesting content with zombies, you could investigate the game called Guns, Gore & Cannoli. But what I want to share about this game is that there are zombies that do not drop their weapons due to rigor mortis and when they receive a stimulus from a living being, their dead fingers pull the trigger that can harm the protagonist of this game.

Now imagine, what if the MC just like Big Daddy could teach zombies to shoot humans? (without it being necessary for the other zombies to have good aim)

2 Likes

As cool as that sounds these zombies seem too dumb to do that yet. We are yet to figure out how to control them like a hive mind and making them something like that is gonna take time since that is a bit complicated.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.