Deleting old saves

Lol theyve been working on this for over TEN YEARS. If they couldnt find the time in the last ten years, will they ever really be able to?
But like i mentioned before, both the issues of having a small team and apparently no time, can be potentially solved if they recruit volunteers from the massive community here to work on this issue for them.

2 Likes

I play through Steam and I’ve found a workaround - manually deleting saves from the save__list file, which basically hides them - but this obviously won’t work for everyone.

1 Like

Where exactly is this file? I looked around in the particular CoG game folder and found nothing of the sort.

Taking Wayhaven 2 as an example, on my computer the folder is located at E:\Steam\userdata\180040775\1233950\remote, and the list of imported saves is called storePSwayhaven2PSsave__list.

2 Likes

As another metioned, it’s been years, more than enough time to implant a delete feature.

I don’t know how many other feel this way, but I honestly feel hesitant to play (and thus buy) new games or even older ones, cause I don’t want to have to deal with the clutter of not being able to remember which save is which, most rpg’s I play, I generally only have a few saves, and here we are with these which are far shorter, with saves I will NEVER use again, yet they will forever take up space on the screen unless I make a whole NEW email, which I don’t want to have to deal with just to play content that I PAY for, if it was free, it would still be annoying, but whatever, but no, since I pay money to play these storys, I would like to have control over what save I want to keep and what to delete, especially as they make it inconvenient to play series storys after so many playthroughs.

7 Likes

Thanks, I fount it, there’s also a bunch of other save files in there, should I delete ‘statesave’ aswell? Would that be particular save file itself?

Edit: I deleted both, but whenever I start the game in question the files come back and the saves still show up, the game in question is Samurai of Hyuga.

Don’t delete any files. Just open the save__list file in a text editor, delete the specific saves you don’t want to show up anymore from the list, then save.

2 Likes

Oh gosh, just yesterday I was loading my save from LH1 and I noticed a had a save named “Miguel”. I don’t even remember playing a Miguel.

1 Like

Ah, of course! How silly of me, that did it, thanks alot!

This seems like a necessity with a company like COG, this has been a topic questioned by the community for years and yet, we receive motherfuckin’ Interactive novels instead of a clutter cleaner.

CRISIS

1 Like

Yeah it would be a really useful feature to have, especially when you get to ridiculous number of saves like i have for sabres and guns.

I find going into extra detail in naming my saves like what i did in that saves playthrough helps me in knowing what saves what.

3 Likes

I have a petition up and running for anyone who would like to hopefully get them to reliase that this is a common feature that not only do we want, but that generally should of already been around.

CoG Save Deletion Petitions is the discord link for helping direct and more easily keep track of our progress.

And more importantly, Petition · Allow deletion of saves. · Change.org is our petition link were you can sigh to help push for the deletion feature.

I’d like to see them make it possible to delete or hide old saves as well, but I suggest you get someone to help you polish up your petition if you want it to be taken seriously. One of the people to whom it’s addressed doesn’t even work for Choice of Games anymore, and the text of the petition is awkward to read and full of spelling errors.

1 Like

Would you mind helping with the polishing?

If anyone would like to help with proofreading or edit suggestions, please feel welcome to (preferably through the discord)

I signed it :+1:

1 Like

Thank you :3

Hopefully we’ll be able to get a decent number of people to sigh it evently, that way we don’t have to wait for 20 years to delete saves (I may be exaggerating, but it feels like it will never happen at this rate lol)

1 Like

I signed it, hope we get the ability to delete old saves soon.

1 Like

Hopefully, every bit helps, I just hope it’ll be enough to convince them seeing how long its been already.

1 Like

It’s nice to see that, years since I started the topic, it’s still of interest.