December's Writer Support Thread

@Luiza – Congrats on your release today!

I closed your WiP thread so all the discussion on the released game will be in the release thread. I suggest removing the demo link (if not yet done) and taking it down from the hosting site (or turning it private).

Today,

I finally figured out the missing piece of information I needed to successfully use “multi-replace” script.

The multi-replace variable needs to be numeric for the script to function properly for more than two replacements. The Wiki does not specify this, nor did a search of the forum turn up this.

My guess is that this was/is obvious to everyone but me.

"This does not look good, $!{pcname}." Turning on @{companionmr "her"|"their"|"his"} heels, $!{companion} watches the trader and her family lead their heavy laden wagons away from you. "They say there is not much left at the post."

Such a simple sentence that helped me become a better scripter.

@Havenstone – Two things.

• Would you add a sentence in the multi-replace entry in the Wiki, stating the initial variable used needs to be numeric if more than two replacements are called for?

• the Wiki said they are migrating our Wiki to new software over this week… is that something that we need to be concerned about?

Edit – What I am reading today:

Edit:

Thank you for the assist; I’ve updated my post; hopefully it reads correct now.

7 Likes