Death of Kondo (WIP)

When playing after fighting the man if I press imitate no matter whether I kicked or punched the soldier always got handed contraband and when I try to go to any of the training centers I have to start over again.

Thanks! We’ll add it to the list. In general, there seems to be a problem with placing the player in the right location after combat. It’s supposed to be mildly disorienting as you run around fighting, but people are definitely ending up in the wrong place.

Manti1s, thanks for playing and for alerting me to this. As I’m working through the location errors, I needed more information about yours. Can you tell me more about how you had to “start over again?” What exactly did you choose, and what was the text you ended up getting?

I can’t remember all the steps but , I trained in martial arts, I didn’t move from the area when it said I could move south when the man was shooting at me, instead I pressed imitate ,someone handed him a drink then I went to the simulation center and there wasn’t a next button so I pressed stats and when I pressed return to game I was at the beginning.

I think I know what happened; it was connected to another error already fixed. I’ve taken down that link so that our beta testers can run through things and @silverrain and I can deal with one wave of fixes at a time. Thanks for your help. If you’re interested in beta testing the entire game, let me know.

I think it’s a great idea, if you still need help testing I’d happily help :smile:

Hey, i found a typo:

Better than the brig, better than the capital, and better making the bosun angry.

Shouldn’t it be: Better than the brig, better than the capital, and better than making the Bosun angry. ?

1 Like

Any time i use the stats page it either jumps me around to a different part in the story or brings me back to the beginning. Not sure how to better diagnose that problem for you.

Hey, i found a bug, i think.

When i reach the capital, and go to the barracks, if i go to the training green, it shows me the text and all:

The sergeants and experts on the training green barely notice you slipping into the back of the hordes of Saharans in intensive training. A grueling day of training is a painful but powerful experience

But out of the two options:

Continue training.
Return to the main mezzanine.

The first option does literally nothing, i click it but nothing at all!

Actually, the simulation center does that too!

If i go to the hangars, and ask for pilot training and all, it shows the text that i train all day and all, but it just repeats, if i ask for pilot training, it does it over and over and over again.

Kai, thanks for this. That does sound wrong. I’m sorry I haven’t had a chance to reproduce this yet, but I’ll get to it tomorrow.

Would like to beta test this if you’re still taking new testers.

@kai229: I have reproduced the training center error and am fixing it. There was missing transition text to explain how the training advanced you, as well as missing feedback on the effects in Stats Screens. And the limit on training will work, too. Thanks for being patient and for giving feedback.

@wilkthesilk:
I have reproduced that error and have no idea how to fix it. At first, I thought it was because you may have been working on the game at the same time as I was fixing some files…but I tried while I was not uploading new files, and still had the error. Do you remember what you were doing at the time you had this happen?

It’s curious, because i had the same error as him, not the jumping to a different part of the story, but returning back to the beginning, sadly, i do not recall specifically which part i was, but it was around the same time i had the training bug.

I’m getting some of the saltier CS experts to help. I’ve reproduced the problem all over the game, so it seems like a global bug.

I played the game and this is what I suggest , maybe add more stats like an influence bar if it’s low people will not listen to you,be able to customize the MC would be cool too. :kissing_heart:

Thanks, Sakura chan. Do you have any comments on pacing, availability of choices to do what you want, and bugginess?