Death Collector -- Severing tongues just became a career move

We’re proud to announce that Death Collector, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the Choice of Games Omnibus app. It’s 33% off until December 13th!

Sever and preserve the tongues of the dying to steal their stories! Whether you gather their tales and memories for the greater good, or use what you learn to become one of the elite who decide what to call “History” is up to you.

Death Collector is a 300,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Jordan Reyne, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

As a Death Collector, your job is to visit the dying and harvest their stories by cutting out their tongues. Whether you seek fame, fortune, love, or renown, you’ll find playing Death is more than just a job. Will you be able to stomach the gore-work that is cutting the tales of the dead from their mouths, or will you find out how the Ministry disposes of their workers?

• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, or straight.
• Learn to kill with style and professionalism, or to plunder information you were never meant to know.
• Join the elite ranks of the Board, or reveal the rot at the center of the system and lead a revolution.
• Get to know your cloak—a weird, organic entity that can render you invisible.

The wages of Death are yours for the taking!

We hope you enjoy playing Death Collector. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

26 Likes

Playing right this second <3

4 Likes

Just finished my first playthrough. Really impressed with the way the game made me feel like a cog in a vast and corrupt bureaucracy. Absolutely pitch perfect mood setting.

I ended up as some kind of animal rights rebel in a cave with Roza which was definitely a little unexpected. The ending felt slightly abrupt, but not unsatisfying. Heading back in for another playthrough right now :sunglasses:

6 Likes

So little commentary on this game! You guys are usual vocal on whether you like it or not!

4 Likes

I had to pause my read because my reading partner (we read the games outloud together and make choices as a team!) apparently thinks he needs to sleep. Pfffft. One does not sleep when Raskolnikow is near!!! :wink: (But we are enjoying the F out of it so far! :sparkling_heart:)

10 Likes

I need to top up my phone’s credit before i can buy it … hopefully by tomorrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s the most adorable thing I’ve ever heard. You made my week.

13 Likes

I know I should email support, but admittedly I’m inexperienced with these sort of things, so sorry moderators; In any event, I think I spotted something off in the game/demo:

(Blurred it just in case)

So far, this is interesting, and I am intrigued in what I see is…can I say discrimination of the house I first selected (?). I’m considering buying the game fully just to experience this.

1 Like

If you open the “menu” option while in the game, it will have an option that will connect you directly to support.

3 Likes

@Mary_Duffy I am not vocal because I haven’t played the demo yet. lol It is the highlight text is not doing a good job to hype me into playing the demo It doesn’t seem like a game I could have fun with.

Wow !!! That hater’s negative comment struck early … he/she thinks choices of Death Collector make no difference , and it was copy and paste from each character? :-):crazy_face:

I don’t believe him/her but i need to read through the game myself first… i however think such remark will cause harmful consequence to the game such early in the release…

3 Likes

Do you think I could like the game? I heard bad reviews I just have download the demo and my starts rate are given as support but both The portrait art and highlight are totally off for me

3 Likes

You could … i think so especially a chance to scold a RO against his sexism remark… well i did it to defend Rosa, perhaps you could have a different scene as female MC ? :-):thinking:

From the Demo, there seems to be different motive and background for Rosa and Pedita… i am also curious about our boss, on whether she is a potential RO…

But you could wait for me to finish the full game later on to give a full review ? :slight_smile:

I haven’t had the time to get the game or to see if it’s out on playstore for me, but the demo really convinced me to get myself an early Christmas present. It looks like a lot of fun!

3 Likes

@Mary_Duffy Here is my sad opinion and could understand some of criticism. I have never felt so insulted in my intelligence with a fake choice so plain clear fake that seems mockering the player When I am asked to choose my house and game INSULTS me saying is not my damn house and I am stupid and choose house random. So in base the house descriptions I am forced to be a good people hippie a samurai goodie a tax man goodie or random goodie. It is like all choices Are Gryffindor But I want to be slytherin.
Why let me choose I will sell my grandma for fame if I forced to be ms mary sue griffindor? So I goes for charisma but I give a shit nature I want fame… I don’t want be a druid hippie.

If this were other company I don’t love my criticism would have been demolishing in reviews in store. As always I give my five points and I will still reading due I know game will let me be fame seeker in whatever house lol.

But think this from a casual perspective They will get a very wrong impression that game is all fake choices or worse

2 Likes

Yes.

Like her earlier work, the story is multi-layered. If you try to min-max, then this game will not work for you.

If you roleplay and stick to roleplaying that character consistently, the story will work and it should be interesting from one part to the other.

The demo is like a ski launch - it gets you ready for a run down the hill but it doesn’t show off the breadth.

@poison_mara - there is good character development with multiple layers to the characters to discover, if you wish.

You can also go with a selfish role-play but like most loner paths, it will be harder to pull off than if you get allies and/or friends.

If you like the author’s writing in the first game you should enjoy this one as well.

11 Likes

Did you chose the Zyth(sp) house?

1 Like

Of course I did Is Mara a slytherin?? :wink: There is only a house

It says in several ways that you were not born or chosen for this house … if you did mark it anyways, of course your supervisor is going to mark it out … but you also have a chance to tell her you really are ambitious and coniving and so really do belong to that house… and your supervisor will agree :slight_smile:

Be true with your role-play and you shall continue to get choices that confirm your role-play. Why I even turned one of the most Zyth[sp} characters into lusting after me … lol.

11 Likes

It seems the complaint was about when interacting with 2 different ROs, they got the same conversation and scene , perhaps it was a bug ?

Although it wasn’t mention which 2 ROs… we will need to check it out ourselves…

1 Like