We had a long thread on here about whether game length influences buying, but I think there are so many factors that go into choosing a game. I was inspired by some comments on the Death Collector thread today to ask: what makes you smash that purchase button?
- The demo! The proof is in the pudding.
- Artwork/icon. I’m visual.
- Reading the game description.
- Who the author is–I’ll always buy a game by X person.
- The genre–I’ll always buy if it’s an X genre game.
- Having participated in the beta.
- The length of the game.
- Non-binary gender option.