Deadheads - a cyberpunk-themed WIP

I’m getting strong vibes of Deus-Ex and Syndicate from this.

Anyway, the premise of the story is fascinating enough to provide some playthroughs from me, though a couple things:

-It’s a bit odd to me that characters that choose to become employees of Xenotech are only able to become the negotiating character instead of some more varation.

-Will the old friends mentioned in some of the backgrounds of our characters be available as companions or appear in the story?

-The black background is unusual in Choicescript games, though not unique. Still, I’d like to know what made you decide on the change, if even just for a matter of personal preference.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing with the black background. Also, love it.

Oh another thing, it seems a little weird that we can apparently only belong to a movement if we devote all our time to it outside of work to it.

How about an option to allow for casual affiliation? Lots of people with strong beliefs still have a day job. :slight_smile:

@stsword Thanks for the huge amount of feedback! :slight_smile: Regarding the number of cybersystems, there is one large cybersystem, but that cybersystem is divided into cybernetworks (you could see them as smaller versions of cybersystems). The whole thing is actually powered by Cybernet, a corporation you’ve yet to meet. :slight_smile:
Regarding the gender, I actually needed a variable that could define the pronouns to use in some scenarios (he, she, him, or her). I really have no idea how some of the scenarios would work if the character’s gender was vague. But I’ll still try to work on this one, to get rid of the binary gender option. :slight_smile:
Regarding the main character: At first glance you’ll be awesome and amazing, but you’ll get to meet a few more freelance agents, and you’ll learn that you’re exceptionally good, but there’s always going to be someone better.

Also, cybernetworks couldn’t be bought, they’re programmed. If you’re a programmer, you could create smaller versions of cybernetworks. Compared to an average cybernetwork, your smaller versions are more like dust mites.

Regarding your salary, you get paid well, but the cost of living in Althema is expensive - especially the military stuff you get all over the cybersystem.
And finally, for the characters without implants - I’m still thinking of more devices to add in the game. Of course I wouldn’t let you go face the world of Althema with only a portable pad/interface visor. :slight_smile:

Re: casual affiliations: I think I could actually work around that, so that the activists wouldn’t hog the ties to the movements. That would involve a lot of writing, but I think it’s going to be worth it. If ever that area gets completely modified, I might turn the activist character to a complete badass vigilante in Althema.

@Dark_Stalker What the schematics really do is to add small values to your stats. (e.g. if you get blueprints for a rifle, you’ll get a small addition to your weapon handling stat) However, if the scenario implies that it can be built, (e.g. the grenade launcher in the bounty hunter path) then by the time the item gets built, you could use it for missions. Sometimes you don’t really get blueprints, but information which would affect your conversation with different people. (e.g. seeing Hanzo’s dossier would add a line to your conversation with Mr. L.)

@RagEgnite The line of work you choose is like an initial build for your character. Over time, based on your choices, your character would evolve. (e.g. the programmer who’s not really known for his/her charisma may turn out to be a charismatic diplomat) BTW, the bartender and the bounty hunter path have improved stats in charisma. :slight_smile:

And yes, the old friends mentioned on the paths will eventually be companions. Fawkes, Sorya, and Ryden are NOT limited to their friends. You’ll eventually meet them over the course of the story. :slight_smile:

@MSox99 And regarding the black background - I actually want a dark mood for the game, since the genre calls for it.

I might add a mini “codex” to the game before releasing more updates so that players could really get a feel of Althema. Thanks again for the feedback. :smiley:

And about our implants will we be able to replace ours for newer models or get more as the game progresses?

Will there be different groups that can give you different gear.

You know, I’m wondering if the reason I think of a lot of cyberware in a cyberpunk game is because the first cyberpunk game, actually the first rpg I ever looked at, was shadowrun (and yes, I know for purists it is urban fantasy/cyberpunk).

If memory serves, their street samurai has enhanced muscles for strength and speed, subdermal armor, claws, superhuman vision through artificial eyes, and a neural link to their guns for enhanced marksmanship.

This game reminds me of cyber knights.

Awww it was just getting good…

This game was great, keep working on it.

Its actualy pretty cool and interesting. I like the setting and general feeling

i wonder where this is going but so far i liked it a lot, cant see any major mistakes but then not a champion or spelling or grammer so do not expect me too

This seems like something I should keep my eye on, I really enjoyed what there is so far.

If there was a more in-depth way of choosing stats I would certainly appreciate it. I always like charisma to be my best skill, but choosing bartender means I have pretty much no skill in fighting, which is something I feel an agent would have. Perhaps you could incorporate something that allows you to have one or two more skills you some form of ability in, just not to the extent of the skill related to your job.

Also, is there some way that before you choose whether or not to have implants there could be some explanation as to why they’re considered risky? I’d like to know what it is I’m getting into before I decide whether or not to take my agent’s “purity” away. I understand that the main choice there is about the purity, but there are hints that the implants are dangerous and I want to know why.

Still, this is shaping up to be a great game and I can’t wait to see more.

Is the beta working? I really like the concept but i’m getting the 404 page

Hey there. I was interested in checking this out, but it seems the drop box link is locked. Is there still a beta going on or is it now a closed beta?

@jonnyboy666 and @EmperorHeartless Just to remind you, the forum rules clearly state that dead threads are not to be resurrected. And as you can see, this thread has been dead for 11 months now.

Wow this looks great . The link is not working though.

Somebody just lock this thread