I’ve been a choice games fan for a long time now and couldn’t help but think, we desperately need more vampires and more romance! I’ve been writing for a long time and recently found myself inspired to write a novel. Instead of writing a standard novel, I decided I’d try my hand at a choice game!
For what I have in mind, I feel like I would need to write this in two parts. The first part is titled ‘Dark Transition’. You wake up after a one-night stand to discover that you’re a vampire and you’re forced to learn how to survive in this new, unknown world. You will also be on a mission to find the person who turned your life upside down.
What I have in mind for a vampire isn’t ‘typical’. Vampires will have a disease that is passed only through blood.
The following will apply to the story:
- You have to drink human blood to survive.
- Your senses will be heightened.
- You’ll heal at a faster rate but can still die from severe wounds.
- You’ll be slightly stronger and more agile.
- You will be able to go out into the sun, but direct sunlight to your skin will eventually cause burns.
The following will not apply to the story:
- Repelled by garlic.
- Stake through the heart is the only way to kill you.
- No reflection in the mirror
- Repelled by crucifix/holy water.
- Mind control.
- Turning into bats.
I’m probably missing something in these lists, but I can edit later if I need to.
Other things to note:
- Your gender will be undefined. You are whatever you imagine yourself to be.
- You’ll be able to choose your own name and your brother or sister’s name.
- You can romance men, women, or both.
- You can be a compassionate or ruthless vampire but beware the consequences of being too ruthless.
- There will be a thirst stat. Overtime, it will drop, so you will have to drink from humans. If your thirst drops to 0%, you will become feral and may potentially harm those you care about.
I think that’s it for now. If you have any questions/thoughts/suggestions, please let me know! I hope to have updates every two weeks.