Dark as Night (Chapter One) 4/24/22

Dark As Night (4) (1)
The prophecies foretold of a child fathered by Lucifer and how their very existence would bring about the end of the world. You’ve heard the warnings enough to ignore the signs. So what if your dad happens to be the devil! Living in a town surrounded by supernaturals, you keep your head down as a shop owner. You’ve got too much on your plate already so why are you taking on more responsibilities?! This time it’s a job finding the lost members of a pack of werewolves. Along the way, a even bigger mystery unfolds, one that makes you question your extraordinary powers. Your biggest secret is on the line and you’re struggling to keep yourself under control. Someone knows who you are and is out to get you at every turn… but who?
Features (1)
⦁ Play as male, female, nonbinary; straight, gay, or bi. Set your own pronouns, be cis or trans.

⦁ Meet a group of supernatural misfits who keep you on your toes as you learn more about what motivates them into being who they are.

⦁ Befriend or romance polar opposite werewolf siblings, a vampire, or an archdemon.

⦁ Choose your element, and what you excel at when it comes to your powers as a witch: black, white, red, green or purple.

⦁ Build the character of your own creation, deciding who you are as you read. Pick from a selection of personality traits ranging from friendly to hostile, brave to cowardly and many more!

⦁ Unravel different sets of abilities: cunning and sneaky or fight your way out of troublesome situations.

Who will you be?

Demo | Characters | Ko-fi | Tumblr

(A/N: You may remember my previous [deceased] WIP: Seasons of the Moon? The love interests are the same characters. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

450 Likes

AGORA, WELCOME BACK!!

SO HYPED THAT SEASONS IS BACK IN THE NEW FORM!!!

can’t wait to meet T and the gang!! Let’s gooooooooooo!!!

5 Likes

Thank you! It’s so great to see you again! I’m glad be back! :beers:

3 Likes

If this is 18+ as it says in the OP, it should probably be moved to the Adult forum.

3 Likes

Welcome back! Great too see you again :slightly_smiling_face::wave:
Great first chapter!
I loved the concept of the previous demo too but this is even better. Child of Lucifer :grimacing:
Our werewolf siblings are back I love them haha.
Can’t wait for more! Looking forward to future chapters

1 Like

It is currently not (18+) at the time and won’t be for a while so I removed that. I will be sure and move it come the time the rating goes up. Thanks for letting me know!

Thank you so much! It feels wonderful to return. Very thrilled at the feedback! I know the werewolf siblings have missed you! :blush:

4 Likes

Very interesting read, looking forward for more! :grin:

3 Likes

Whoo! Just read through the demo.

Totally different yet similar to Seasons, I got nostalgic!

First things first, awesome rework on the story. I really like the premise and the new stats system especially, combining the physical and mental stats and the similar attributes together with the symbolism.

Q- is Tara and Tress a poly options? I did choose Tara as my bond mate, then i experimented by choosing Tress in the next page. However, at the end, I did see friends for Tress at 1 while for Tara it was still 0. So I’m a bit confused about it.

It’ll be “women”

Also, when choosing preferences for opposite gender, while talking with Silas, the options felt a bit immersion breaking, “i am preferential towards…” While chatting with your brother, I didn’t expect to answer like that. I feel if the choice words can be manipulated to make it sound more like you’re chatting with your brother casually, it’ll sound better. (It’s a minor nitpick, so I wouldn’t focus on it much atm)

The witch aspect has introduced a sense of mystique into the whole plot which is intriguing and makes me curious as well. Also, Satan dad with possible angst issues? I’m in.

Love Silas, always love Tara, Tress still hurts me(lmao), and Loveee Elena as well. Best of luck with the writing, coding is a pain, so take your time and keep up the good work​:beers::beers:

3 Likes

Based on an ask from Tumblr, that is the love triangle option. If you want that route pick both as bondmates

3 Likes

Thanks. I went through the Tumblr now. Love triangles mostly tend to end with one person getting left behind. Ideally, I’d have liked to have both Tress and Tara as a poly option. But it is not my place to ask for such options, only my wish. Regardless, the story is what matters and I’m happy that it’s back again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the demo. I never read the other wip, were there any poly options in it, or planned for this? Out of curiosity.

1 Like

I really like your story I can’t wait for more :relaxed:

1 Like

Ohoho, its been a while since ive played a demo and get hit by the end of the demo and wanna scream “NO”.
Ya’ got me good, and hooked with just this small of a demo. :pinched_fingers:

Cant wait to see more, especially if we can do more witchy stuff

4 Likes

Have a issue with mobile here: when I click on Characters it sends me to your Tumblr, and if I click on Characters there it will just send me back to the main Tumblr page, can’t actually see who the characters are.

1 Like

i think i prefer the mc here having already an established shop in town aside from the getting a job back in your old wip. also lile how the mc has an air of indifference to them about everything. silas is an annoyingly wonderful brother. overall, everything just feels more natural with having the mc already part of the supernatural world aside from the old wip being that they have no clue.

also as they stated above, the characters link only takes you to ur tumblr page and just loops there. in the case of choosing one or two of the werewolves as a bond mate, does it mean that its a romance lock? is the bond mate just for the werewolves? like the whole soulmate thing for them? for now, i think im indifferent with the two ros. not really seeing them as someone i would romance. taj is sorta sweet but i dont really tend to gravitate to romancing someone like that. trent is just mean and annoying that the thought of romancing them becomes a chore for me. i personally prefer flirty characters but from a friend stand point, taj defo gonna be friends and trent and i will have a love hate relationship.

idk if its mentioned in the story and i just missed it but what is silas? is he a witch too? a nephilim? cant wait for the next update already!

3 Likes

Love the Demo and i can’t wait to read more of it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Don’t mind me bondmating both Brothers,I’m a sucker for sweet and sour Ro’s more so if i can have them both at the same time

2 Likes

According to the tumblr Silas is also a witch.

1 Like

@Agora Glad you’re back, brother :blush:

1 Like

I gotta say I’m a little upset the best horror movie in my mind Is the thing Don’t know Who’s friend or foe because the thing always consumed the a being to become them Multiplies horrifying way possible That’s a good horror movie in my mind Everyone has a different taste But I like the list of what you did in the story involving horror movies and that little scream reference( What I was a horror movie junkie as a kid)

2 Likes

So cool can’t wait to read more

2 Likes